Sponsored

rockdogz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
What happened to the qmerit installation program? Weren’t they partnering with someone to get this done? This is not great news for those of us with mere 110v outlets in our garages.
I went through Qmerit and had a circuit run already even though my delivery isn’t until May/June. The electrician will come back out once I have the actual Rivian charger and connect it.
Sponsored

fedarga

First Name
Dawit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Passport
Punched in the plate number during the 8-step process. Got a match. Just had to enter mileage and debate between "Fair" and "Good". The main reason we went with "Good" is because the description for Fair mentioned mechanical problems, which we don't have. We do have a fair bit of cosmetic issues, but nothing that's excessive for a 15-year old vehicle with 131k miles. Uploaded a picture of the title, and we were good to go. Guys today did a quick check, read the mileage, and drove away with it. Rivian bought it for $14,450. KBB suggested trade-in topped out around $12k and Carvana only offered about $10k.

The FJ prices do tend to be inversely correlated with fuel prices, so I am grateful for the timing...
I thank you for this information because I was wondering if I could; specially your FJ was 15 years old, it is a plus for me not to think they only take newer car (with in 2 - 5 years old) trade-ins.

dieselsan

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, Audi Q7
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Rivian Purchase Process Checklist Attached [from Rivian guide].

Not certain why Rivian guides aren't readily making the attached purchase checklist they developed freely available. I asked a bunch of detailed questions and my guide kindly forwarded it to me. Sharing here for all. It answers many of the questions we have all been asking!

I'm #1,924 in pre-order queue (11/28/2018), delivery scheduled for April/May, already begun purchase process, awaiting final purchase agreement and VIN# which triggers payment, title, registration, insurance, selection of delivery date.

I'm a launch edition [launch green, black interior, 20" black rims]R1T, bed rack, charger, road kit, haven't changed config since ordering, live in NorCal.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

Blackhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Rivian Purchase Process Checklist Attached [from Rivian guide].

Not certain why Rivian guides aren't readily making the attached purchase checklist they developed freely available. I asked a bunch of detailed questions and my guide kindly forwarded it to me. Sharing here for all. It answers many of the questions we have all been asking!

I'm #1,924 in pre-order queue (11/28/2018), delivery scheduled for April/May, already begun purchase process, awaiting final purchase agreement and VIN# which triggers payment, title, registration, insurance, selection of delivery date.

I'm a launch edition [launch green, black interior, 20" black rims]R1T, bed rack, charger, road kit, haven't changed config since ordering, live in NorCal.

Hope this helps.
FACK.

I am like 7,000 and change from FEB 2019.

I doubt I will see this truck in 2022.

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
FACK.

I am like 7,000 and change from FEB 2019.

I doubt I will see this truck in 2022.
If you have an LE reservation, you will get your truck in 2022.

Sponsored

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
If you have an LE reservation, you will get your truck in 2022.
Yup. I’m high in the 7000s from Feb 2019 and have a May-June delivery for my LE R1S; I believe R1T orders from that time would be even earlier.

Blackhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Yup. I’m high in the 7000s from Feb 2019 and have a May-June delivery for my LE R1S; I believe R1T orders from that time would be even earlier.
Well...hopefully I should get my truck before that.

Blackhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
When did they give you that date? And how did they deliver that information?

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
When did they give you that date? And how did they deliver that information?
The date was from the late 2021 set of mass emails where everyone with a preorder (or at least all launch editions) got a time frame. Order number was visible in the url for early purchases, but that stopped in 2020/21(?).

Customer service will tell you your current approximate delivery date if you ask.

Tommy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Raptor, 2003 HD Fatboy
Ideally, although my guess is they won't be in stock in the gear shop anytime soon. Rivian probably wants to make sure that those taking actual delivery of the vehicles are able to purchase the charger without significant delays.
This is true.

Sponsored

Blackhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
The date was from the late 2021 set of mass emails where everyone with a preorder (or at least all launch editions) got a time frame. Order number was visible in the url for early purchases, but that stopped in 2020/21(?).

Customer service will tell you your current approximate delivery date if you ask.
I've asked more times than I would like to admit.

I get the standard engineering response that it's in the works or similar obfuscatory reply.

Blackhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
How actually long does it take to get a counter function on the website? Not being a dick, just a general inquiry.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Anybody know when R1S was first available for order?

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Anybody know when R1S was first available for order?
R1S was exactly the same as for the R1T. Pre-orders started Nov 2018 and in the configurator as of 11/16/2020 for existing reservation holders (opened to new reservations a week later).

Curney1

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram truck
Occupation
Self
s00n

No, really! The signature step and the schedule delivery step on the website are currently both still glitching out on me. But supposedly it's here in Bellevue, has passed inspection, and is ready to go.

I don't know how to give them money yet, but if they're expecting a wire, it's officially too late to get it out the door before Monday. They also seemed really adamant about needing proof of insurance with the Rivian's VIN specifically printed on it (don't know why given we have a 30-day grace period). But without an effective date, I'm not going to request that. So the window may be closing on having my aunt agent send that over to us before the weekend.
Congrats! hey did you get the onespan thing figured out? Im stuck with that not loading either. sigh...one more roadblock
Sponsored