Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
I did full reset. It didn’t fix the issue. Service had to diagnose and fix remotely.
From your description, it sounds like you did a reset of the screens only. The full vehicle reset procedure involves the Hazard button.
Sponsored

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Unless by “full reset” you mean not just screen reset but system reset? If the latter, how is it performed?
Right, not a screen reset, which is the 15 sec one i think....a full...I'm not sure exactly how that's done. I think its in the manual though.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
OP
OP
dieselsan

dieselsan

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, Audi Q7
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Ah, bingo, that’s what I was looking for. Thank you for pointing this out. I had performed screen reset only.

As with all software, we need the Ctl+Alt+Del for our Rivian!

UPDATE: April 1, 2022 - Rivian service followed up on my audio system fail. They diagnosed overnight. The fix was NOT a system reset but having the truck go into “sleep mode”, which it automatically does when in park and away from all keys for 15 minutes. That was a “soft reset” and resolved my problem. They requested that under NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD AN OWNER PERFORM A SYSTEM RESET WITHOUT RIVIAN SERVICE ADVISEMENT. The full reset wipes out all vehicle logs making it challenging for service to perform future diagnostics.

Last edited:

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Ah, bingo, that’s what I was looking for. Thank you for pointing this out. I had performed screen reset only.

As with all software, we need the Ctl+Alt+Del for our Rivian!

UPDATE: April 1, 2022 - Rivian service followed up on my audio system fail. They diagnosed overnight. The fix was NOT a system reset but having the truck go into “sleep mode”, which it automatically does when in park and away from all keys for 15 minutes. That was a “soft reset” and resolved my problem. They requested that under NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD AN OWNER PERFORM A SYSTEM RESET WITHOUT RIVIAN SERVICE ADVISEMENT. The full reset wipes out all vehicle logs making it challenging for service to perform future diagnostics.
Soooo I just had the audio problem, and did the first reset with no luck there, and the second reset again with no luck, Before reading this last post... Lol.
Sponsored