Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Occupation
DevOps Engineer
Clubs

Delivered: Emergency/rescue kit, all-weather floor mats, crossbars, kayak holder. Not delivered yet: gear tunnel shuttle
So I also noticed that you’re in Fair Oaks! I’m in Carmichael and anytime I’m driving I always keep my eyes out for your R1T heh.

OP
OP
dieselsan

dieselsan

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, Audi Q7
Occupation
Entrepreneur
So I also noticed that you’re in Fair Oaks! I’m in Carmichael and anytime I’m driving I always keep my eyes out for your R1T heh.
? have yet to see another Rivian in the wild. You're also Launch Green correct?

c4denc3

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Occupation
DevOps Engineer
Clubs

? have yet to see another Rivian in the wild. You're also Launch Green correct?
I wish! I’m in the R1S boat and mine is configured for Forest Green. Just waiting and lurking. ? How are you liking the R1T so far?

Sponsored

OP
OP
dieselsan

dieselsan

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Entrepreneur
I wish! I’m in the R1S boat and mine is configured for Forest Green. Just waiting and lurking. ? How are you liking the R1T so far?
oh got it. email me and we should meet up, get you behind the wheel. [email protected]

OP
OP
dieselsan

dieselsan

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Entrepreneur
UPDATE: A new issue has arisen. My R1T audio completely failed. All audio disappeared: maps, phone, music, radio, bluetooth. I tried everything to recover including reseting my iPhone, holding steering wheel most left and most right buttons down at the same time for 15 seconds (little trick I learned - it resets all screens in the vehicle), etc... Finally call Rivian (800-RIVIAN1) service and they responded immediately, diagnosed overnight and I woke up to a restored sound system in the morning. This is the way a modern automotive experience is supposed to work! Well done, Rivian.

P.S. Rivian technician said what we are all thinking..."The Rivian is basically a computer on wheels..."

ksujeff99

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Financial Services
UPDATE: A new issue has arisen. My R1T audio completely failed. All audio disappeared: maps, phone, music, radio, bluetooth. I tried everything to recover including reseting my iPhone, holding steering wheel most left and most right buttons down at the same time for 15 seconds (little trick I learned - it resets all screens in the vehicle), etc... Finally call Rivian (800-RIVIAN1) service and they responded immediately, diagnosed overnight and I woke up to a restored sound system in the morning. This is the way a modern automotive experience is supposed to work! Well done, Rivian.

P.S. Rivian technician said what we are all thinking..."The Rivian is basically a computer on wheels..."
This sounds similar to what happened to @OutofSpecKyle on his last day of testing

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
For those asking questions about Spotify, the reason to use Spotify from the Rivian interface instead of your phone is audio quality. BT connections won't give you as good a quality, even if your phone has the Spotify quality set to max, as the in-system app will, since it doesn't have to cross that BT bridge.

Tanquen

First Name
Hope you enjoye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Nissan Frontier
For those asking questions about Spotify, the reason to use Spotify from the Rivian interface instead of your phone is audio quality. BT connections won't give you as good a quality, even if your phone has the Spotify quality set to max, as the in-system app will, since it doesn't have to cross that BT bridge.
Unless the audio is really low quality, most would not notice. So no Bluetooth LC3 or aptX HD, then?

Sponsored

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

Unless the audio is really low quality, most would not notice. So no Bluetooth LC3 or aptX HD, then?
Nothing, I asked already and Godfodder confirmed, no LDAC either.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Nothing, I asked already and Godfodder confirmed, no LDAC either.
If you are looking for the BEST audio quality currently, use Alexa and ask to play Amazon Music. the difference is pretty staggering from bluetooth, to my ears anyway.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T

A full reset fixes this issue, per user Ztron. If you don't want to call Rivian again next time.

OP
OP
dieselsan

dieselsan

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Entrepreneur
A full reset fixes this issue, per user Ztron. If you don't want to call Rivian again next time.
I did full reset. It didn’t fix the issue. Service had to diagnose and fix remotely.

OP
OP
dieselsan

dieselsan

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Unless by “full reset” you mean not just screen reset but system reset? If the latter, how is it performed?
Sponsored