First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Looked of the car first and they did there demo/walkthrough and then I paid for it and took it home. All issues were on the bill of sale before signing and paying.
Odd how the 2 deliveries were so different.

The only thing I signed when I picked it up was the delivery inspection. It had any listed damages, adjustments, or issues, there were none, and a checklist of covered items for the delivery person to cover.
Sponsored

RivRev

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
See my attempted responses above
Awesome, thank you.

Have you experienced any service/signal issues when using the Rivian Spotify? I think the initial purchase of the vehicle comes with a one year subscription to their LTE network or whatever....did Rivian explain this in any more detail to you? If you don't pay for this service, I'm assuming Spotify no longer works....?

KiloV

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5 Cabriolet, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Executive
Awesome, thank you.

Have you experienced any service/signal issues when using the Rivian Spotify? I think the initial purchase of the vehicle comes with a one year subscription to their LTE network or whatever....did Rivian explain this in any more detail to you? If you don't pay for this service, I'm assuming Spotify no longer works....?
No, Rivian has not explained how this will work, what it will cost, etc. My guess is that it'll be about $50/month to be a "member." That will include the LTE connection, RAN charging, roadside/offroad assistance, etc, etc. Who knows, there may be a lesser charge just for LTE connectivity (maybe $20-ish)? The real question is: What happens if you decline any ongoing fees? Will you still be able to get OTA updates? How about navigation data? It's all still a mystery. It doesn't negatively impact me, however, as I fully intend to subscribe as a "member" and I doubt that it will be a cost-sensitive decision for me. Others will no doubt have different opinions.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Will you still be able to get OTA updates? How about navigation data?
OTA updates by wifi I’d imagine. My 2017 ford does this with its infotainment system, while nav updafes are paid. Although I use a 3rd party tool that scrapes updates from ford’s servers ?

the long way downunder

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
WFH
It has been 6 years but I had to complete the purchase of my Tesla before I could schedule the delivery at the Costa Mesa service center.
I've bought 3 Teslas, each time it was normal process to show up, inspect the car, then do the final purchase … of course they push the consumer to pay in full sight unseen or take home driveway delivery, but given the history of Tesla's initial build quality, much as I'm an enthusiast, I was not interested in going in blind.

Sponsored

OP
OP
dieselsan

dieselsan

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, Audi Q7
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Awesome, thank you.

No signal issues so far. We did not discuss subscription to LTE network.

CHR1S_R1T

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru OB, R1T Preorder (Same spec as profile pic)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Greetings from Davis, CA. Good to see a local receiving their truck.

What is the address of the West Sac service center? I would like to pick up my vehicle from there when the time comes, rather than having a tech drive it out - I'd like to put PPF on it before any rock chips can happen.

OP
OP
dieselsan

dieselsan

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Greetings from Davis, CA. Good to see a local receiving their truck.

What is the address of the West Sac service center? I would like to pick up my vehicle from there when the time comes, rather than having a tech drive it out - I'd like to put PPF on it before any rock chips can happen.
1050 Triangle Cir., West Sacramento
https://goo.gl/maps/FyHCZ6CRmNLgFLkZ6

mwexler2

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, Prius Plug-in
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

When we got our Model Y in June of 2020 it was very similar to the Rivian approach. All the purchase documents were online. Payment and insurance needed to be uploaded online. Then you got a 2 hour pick up window and a number of a parking spot.
Drive to the parking spot. Unlock with phone app. Take pictures of any issues and leave. No human interaction at all.
There were some additional documents with a FedEx envelope to send in after we got home.
Home delivery was not an option. Interacting with a human was not an option. Picking up on a different day or during the evening was not an option.

I've bought 3 Teslas, each time it was normal process to show up, inspect the car, then do the final purchase … of course they push the consumer to pay in full sight unseen or take home driveway delivery, but given the history of Tesla's initial build quality, much as I'm an enthusiast, I was not interested in going in blind.

c4denc3

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Occupation
DevOps Engineer
Clubs

When we got our Model Y in June of 2020 it was very similar to the Rivian approach. All the purchase documents were online. Payment and insurance needed to be uploaded online. Then you got a 2 hour pick up window and a number of a parking spot.
Drive to the parking spot. Unlock with phone app. Take pictures of any issues and leave. No human interaction at all.
There were some additional documents with a FedEx envelope to send in after we got home.
Home delivery was not an option. Interacting with a human was not an option. Picking up on a different day or during the evening was not an option.
I’m in the process of purchasing a Tesla Model 3 so I’ll let you know how the process goes in a month or 2 heh. I didn’t have the option to home deliver even though the I have two Service Centers near me. One is about 6.2 miles away (21 mins from me) the other is 14 miles (21 mins as well).

Sponsored

indianriver

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90 / Mini Countryman PHEV
What a beautiful truck and photo. Thanks for the very meaningful review as well. Hope you get those backordered items coming.. More excitement to look forward to, although probably not what you were hoping for.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I'm curious about the Spotify discussions and comments....Most everyone is in agreement that Spotify app on your personal phone and on-board Spotify through Rivian interface do not get along well....and most everyone agrees that this is a non-issue because the Rivian interface is so good. I have lots of questions on what exactly this means.

I'm confused on what the issue is and exactly how Spotify in the Rivian works. Do you need to have a Spotify account to have the Rivian interface work? If so, do you need to have a premium account? Or does the Rivian essentially come with free Spotify? If you have the free version of Spotify, do you get commercials when using the Rivian Spotify?

Also, I understand that it might not be "necessary" to have your phone Spotify app sync to the Rivian Spotify...but wouldn't it be nice if they did? Essentially your phone would just be a wireless remote to control the car music, right? Or say, you are playing music on your phone and get in your car....does the Rivian pick up where your phone left off? Apparently not.

Do your playlists, recently played, and everything else from your Spotify phone app get "synced" to the Rivian Spotify interface?

One last question....Are you able to download music to the Rivian to listen in an "offline" mode?
It supposedly works with free spotify.

OP
OP
dieselsan

dieselsan

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Entrepreneur
What a beautiful truck and photo. Thanks for the very meaningful review as well. Hope you get those backordered items coming.. More excitement to look forward to, although probably not what you were hoping for.
All accessories arrived 5 days later but for the gear tunnel shuttle ?