Sponsored

Issues list from 3 weeks of owning my R1T updated 8/4/22

Drogbalol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Little update....service finally reached out to me regarding an appointment to fix my steering and other list of issues. Earliest opening at my local service center was 7/26, a month from now :(
That will be 6 weeks from the day I picked up the truck / when I opened my ticket.
Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

FWIW on the steering issue, I think my truck is affected as well, maybe to a lesser degree. Not reported yet to Rivian and being it has been 2 months I am sure they will expect me to pay for an alignment.

One clear way to tell, put the car in reverse and make sure the steering wheel is straight then look at the guide lines for the backup camera. On mine I can see that slight curve in the guide lines with a centered wheel.

linkwpc

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2016 CMax, 2001 Saleen, 2002 GS300
Clubs

Jason, You got your truck already? I didn't know that. We have to meet up some time. I would like to see it. Also sorry to hear about your troubles....

OP
OP

Jason C

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Launch edition
I did get my R1T on 6/5/22. I would have reached out but it’s been… a shit show. I’m sure you have seen my post above regarding the issues.
I took my vehicle into service on Friday 6/24. The only thing they could fix was the gear door alignment. Which they had to do twice.
Luckily I was in the area on Saturday. My advisor said I can come by to see the door alignment but I couldn’t take the truck home. Their first attempt was horrible. Worse than how I received the truck. I asked my advisor if maybe someone with more experience could try to align it better. She agreed it was really bad.
I asked about Tonneau cover. She said they replaced the rails but they needed new panels but they are on backorder until early August. She made it sound like everyone will be needing new panels. I guess there was a design flaw. When I went to take a look at the cover that’s when things went down hill. I noticed a small tear in my PPF and a scratch in the paint. Along with a dent in the side of the truck. The tech acknowledged this could have happened when they were removing the plastic side rails on the vehicle. The tech told me they aren’t responsible for 3rd party equipment (PPF) on the truck.
I explained the truck came to service in perfect condition because I picked it up from the PPF installer shop the night before.
Along with the damage on the side of my truck they also weren’t able to fix the battery issue. The same tech told me they weren’t able to replicate the issue. I asked about all the vehicle logs that were reported. Since the issue has happened 3 times. He told me they can’t do anything unless it happens with them. Well it’s been 2 days since I picked up my R1T and the battery alert has happened twice today.
I called the Rivian service center and basically told them the whole story and how I have unanswered emails asking the service advisor when they can fix the dent and damaged PPF. And how my vehicle has had the battery error pop up twice.
Sad my first dent in my vehicle came from the service center. And there well whatever attitude. Honestly I’m very disappointed. I asked for mynext appointment if I can try the Costa Mesa service center because I’ve lost faith in the el Segundo center. Oh forgot to mention about the wheel alignment. It’s way way better than it was but still slightly off.
Rivian R1T R1S Issues list from 3 weeks of owning my R1T updated 8/4/22 7A318B0B-AF5F-435E-AD36-B901EFEA8BC2

OP
OP

Jason C

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jason, You got your truck already? I didn't know that. We have to meet up some time. I would like to see it. Also sorry to hear about your troubles....
Sorry didn’t know how to tag you in my post above. Soon as I get this figured out I will contact you for a meet up.

Sponsored

LaunchGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
Your post has me thinking to defer my delivery (due in the next 8 weeks). Don’t need all of those issues from my daily driver

I've had mine for a month - 1,500 miles - zero issues other than this

Make your own decision but keep in mind that the people without these issues have no reason to post here.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Wow... Rivian is turning in to the new Tesla... vehicles come out of service in worse condition compared to when they went in for service. And the "we're not responsible for 3rd party equipment" is outright BS when it comes to damaging your PPF. I would be steamed!!

Attesan997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I was going to start a thread of my own but thought I would add onto yours since the issues are similar. Preordered in 2019, picked up the truck on Tuesday (6/14). Immediately on the drive home I noticed:

• Car veers to the right, so much so that I have to hold the wheel 15 degrees turned to the left to go straight. If I don't, the truck will dive into the curb. I have tested this on multiple level parking lots and it is most certainly not the crowned roads (as the guide was trying suggest)
  • Truck was clearly tied down on the front bumper during transport without any protection, there are tie-down marks all across the front bumper section, it was so bad that the guide who delivered my truck immediately made a ticket for it on the spot - so he said.
  • My front right speaker grill is dented in, if I could pry it back out I would but it would surely make it worse.
  • The screen in the back is locked and for the life of me I cannot seem to get it unlocked, hopefully someone can tell me I am an idiot.
I opened my own ticket (they say it will take 1-2 days for a response, it has now been a week and no one has contacted me.) I just called my guide up and he is super empathetic and stated he will try and contact the supervisor at my local center for an appointment.

I told my guide I live 2 miles from the service center and at the drop of a hat I will be there in 5 minutes for an alignment. All I want is my new truck to be aligned so it will drive straight and could 100% completely live with all of the other items to be repaired on a less than timely turn around.

I feel like I have a similar opinion as everyone else in that I absolutely LOVE this truck, but I am starting to get slightly salty paying this amount of money for a vehicle that doesn't drive straight.

It ended up being a good thing supply chain issues are causing a slower than planned rollout. I can't imagine how tiresome dealing with service would be if they had nearly double the vehicles with all the same issues. The cosmetic stuff I somewhat expect, especially as a first year run with a new car company. But you're certainly not the first to have an alignment issue. I'm not sure how it didn't get caught at some point prior to loading it onto a truck for delivery, considering issue feedback has to have made it back to Normal at this point.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
It ended up being a good thing supply chain issues are causing a slower than planned rollout. I can't imagine how tiresome dealing with service would be if they had nearly double the vehicles with all the same issues. The cosmetic stuff I somewhat expect, especially as a first year run with a new car company. But you're certainly not the first to have an alignment issue. I'm not sure how it didn't get caught at some point prior to loading it onto a truck for delivery, considering issue feedback has to have made it back to Normal at this point.
Must be a shortage of knowledgeable people at these centers. When I picked up mine in Houston, the SC rep had said he was being moved all over to different service centers to help out.

Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Must be a shortage of knowledgeable people at these centers. When I picked up mine in Houston, the SC rep had said he was being moved all over to different service centers to help out.
*May* have something to do with why certain service centers seem to be getting more vehicles to deliver.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Jason C

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wow... Rivian is turning in to the new Tesla... vehicles come out of service in worse condition compared to when they went in for service. And the "we're not responsible for 3rd party equipment" is outright BS when it comes to damaging your PPF. I would be steamed!!
I was more dumbfounded by this kids comment. I think his title was shop supervisor. He looked to be in his early 30s. Not saying someone in their early 30s couldn’t be a supervisor but with age comes experience. Especially in this type of situation.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

I've had mine for a month - 1,500 miles - zero issues other than this

Make your own decision but keep in mind that the people without these issues have no reason to post here.
True, it there are multiple reports of two plus week delays to get into service. They are obviously having a significant number of issues given they are only delivering 1-1.5k a month across 20 centers.

LaunchGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
True, it there are multiple reports of two plus week delays to get into service. They are obviously having a significant number of issues given they are only delivering 1-1.5k a month across 20 centers.
100% agree there are lots of issues, but impossible for us to know how prevelant or the severity. I jknow that before I got my truck I was very worried, and so far I’ve been lucky, so I figured I’d be a voice for the lucky ones… until I’m not… ;)

FWIW, I had issues before delivery (12V system) and had to get a replacement VIN.

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
I am confident your truck was aligned at the factory.

A driver may have accidentally slammed your front wheel into a curb causing the front end misalignment condition.
Sponsored