Sponsored

Issue having NFC Card in my wallet and leave it in the truck or leave the Key fob in the truck?

Afinver

First Name
Avery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Azera
Occupation
Business Owner
I am taking delivery of my R1T soon (yeah). I umpire baseball I currently leave my wallet and keys in my car and take my key fob with me. Is there an issue if I have the NFC Card in my wallet and leave it in the truck or leave the Key fob in the truck? Can I still lock it with the phone app? Will the truck still think its on?
Sponsored

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
not a problem no. The NFC card has to be tapped against two specific points on the door (one inside, one out). I've never had a problem keeping the vehicle secured with the NFC card inside.

If you manage to get a wristband,(they're backordered) that'll be perfect foryou.

chrismc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
r1t
I would strongly advise against relying solely on the phone key. Mine has stopped working several times, once requiring a service center visit to resolve and once learning my wife stranded. It is strictly a convenience feature and you should always have a backup.

Carmelbythesea

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T & 2020 Tesla Model Y LR & R1S on order
Why can't someone come out with a NFC keychain ? Maybe similar size to the Apple airtag.

I don't want to carry around the fob makes me feel like a knob.

Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Why can't someone come out with a NFC keychain ? Maybe similar size to the Apple airtag.

I don't want to carry around the fob makes me feel like a knob.
I want someone to make something that slips onto a watch band.

OP
OP

Afinver

First Name
Avery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Azera
Occupation
Business Owner
not a problem no. The NFC card has to be tapped against two specific points on the door (one inside, one out). I've never had a problem keeping the vehicle secured with the NFC card inside.

If you manage to get a wristband,(they're backordered) that'll be perfect foryou.
The wrist band is not in the gear shop. Can you order and wait for one?

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 03 IS300 5spd track/autox
I want someone to make something that slips onto a watch band.
Hmmm...I have little use for the wrist band but it sure would be nice to have that capability built into an Apple Watch band.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Hmmm...I have little use for the wrist band but it sure would be nice to have that capability built into an Apple Watch band.
Exactly.

If I didn't wear an Apple Watch, I'd consider the Rivian wristband... But wearing both seems silly/annoying. But something that slips onto an existing watch band (doesn't matter if you wear an Apple Watch, Android, FitBit, or old-school Rolex) would be appreciated.

chrismc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
r1t
If you have a Launch Edition and did not receive your wristband key, you are entitled to one once the next batch is manufactured (due in August). To make sure you are in the queue for one, you should contact Rivian Service and have a service ticket opened up for the missing wristband (if they don’t already have one open for you) as this is how they track it.
Sponsored