Sponsored

Is this Tesla's attempt at taking a shot at Rivian ?

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
All this is good, but at a hefty price to pay, not only extremely expensive, but a huge vehicle as well. And with the reportedly 200Kwh battery only has a little bit better than Rivians range?
But does range, efficiency, or money even matter when you have APPLE CAR PLAY?
Sponsored

Jarico75

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y, Camry Hybrid
Clubs

Rivian has stolen/copied much already from Tesla, but I think this is more as others have stated, Tesla continuing to add value for their customers.
Hard to steal something that is given freely.

https://www.tesla.com/blog/all-our-patent-are-belong-you

I think your claim is based off this suit that sounds like it is about Tesla's concern over employee defections than any actual evidence of trade secret theft.

https://electrek.co/2021/10/04/tesl...trade-secrets-about-next-gen-battery-lawsuit/

This kind of suit is not uncommon when a company experiences a large volume of employee turn over. As you can read in the article, they are also suing former employees directly. It's a scare tactic for existing employees and a corporate smear campaign for a viable competitor.

Dbeglor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
The new Hummer EV commercial was definitely targeted at all the “dealbreaker” forum members here.

Apple Car Play, Crab Walk (Tank Turn stand-in), a frunk that opens up at the front . . . What else could you possible need in a truck?

Something that doesn't cause friends and family to disown me. I'm glad to see that an extra $1k+ dollars of the exorbitant price is going into Lebron's pocket.

Once the government kills off ICE vehicles, this one will be next on the list for being damaging to the environment (more likely is it will phase itself out like the last Hummers). People make fun of the Cybertruck, but this is a bigger joke and waste of resources in my opinion. It's clearly a dodge for GM to avoid cannibalizing their ICE sales by launching the Sierra or Silverado first which would have had far more impact and market adoption.

EarlyAdptr

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sequoia
Occupation
Consultant
The feature is poorly named. It does 3 things, none of which really relate to camping. A better name would just be "keep the engine running". It keeps climate control going, keeps the music playing, and doesn't lock the doors. (well technically there is a #4, there is also a gimmicky animation on the screen).

I would never consider camping in my Tesla, but I use "camp mode" all the time. One frequent example is when sitting in the car waiting to pick someone up from airport/school/sports/etc. After a while the car will shut down even if you are still sitting in the front seat unless you enable camp mode.
So maybe better name would be "Waiting Mode"?

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3
So maybe better name would be "Waiting Mode"?
Yea - that sounds good. Still not my highest priority on the please rename this button list. There is a button labeled "joe mode" that was added after Elon read a tweet from someone named joe requesting volume controls for the chimes. Even worse than the name, joe mode doesn't even apply to the most annoying chimes.
Sponsored