Not open for further replies.

IHScout

First Name
Waid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Expedition
To a bear, a Rivian with food inside any storage area is truly "Meals on Wheels".

"Crunchy on the outside, chewy on the inside."

Bears are the one reason I always bring at least one friend camping that I know I can outrun.
?‍♂ ??

[Edited to replace blind person with a lazy guy (in a sad case of irony, the author failed to see the red tip on the cane of the emoji). The author also hopes anyone outraged by poking fun at a lazy guy will, in fact, be too lazy to complain. Tip of the hat (and my reading glasses) to EVSport7 for their superior vision.]
Reminds of a time in Peru running away from an angry gang who had machetes and bricks while trying to outrun my friend. Epic. Ultimately, we made it out alive.
Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

I don't understand why anyone thinks the gear tunnel or frunk would be any less sealed or appropriate than the interior of the vehicle (or an old school trunk) for storing food and other 'smelly' things. We camped down in Ouray this weekend and had a bear in our camp last night at 3 am. With 6 vehicles, whose stuff did the bears get into? The ones who left their cooler outside:facepalm:
We were in our tent with our three kids 40 feet away, but we know to put all the smelly things in the vehicle, whether it's the cab, trunk, frunk or gear tunnel.
That's why so many of our State, National, and Canadian Provincial parks, and primitive/Wilderness areas, have steep, unattached ladders to high storage areas for your food. They also instruct you
to not keep any food in your tent or clothing. The steel-wrapped poles and trees they use to support these high platforms often bear (yeah, yeah, no pun intended) massive gashes from the claws of these frustrated behemoths after they've tried and subsequently failed to make it up the ladders before toppling them.

That's why I always keep my boots on and make sure to hide a jar of peanut butter in the other tent. I may have misinterpreted Darwin's On the Origin of Species, but hey, I'm still here, and technically, I did follow the instruction of not leaving food in my tent.

I'm really looking forward to Wilderness camping with some of you! ?

Sdvictor

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I agree with this definition. I also wouldn’t want two cars if one is 75K+. R1S I totally see as the family choice/less interested in “adventures.”
What’s the reasoning behind this stereotype? It has shorter wheelbase, better breakover , approach, and departure angles. And until Rivian or an aftermarket company comes out with towers to extend the rack over the bed, the R1S is gonna be better for larger RTTs, cargo boxes, kayaks, etc.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.