Sponsored

Is there a Rivian wave/signal thing when we see each other on the road?

Robin

First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bicycle
Occupation
Waitress
I can corroborate that statement about most people in Colorado. I live in Colorado and I can’t think of a bigger fu*king asshat than me. I mean it’s really bad. I wave to myself every morning. What do I get back in return? Bad coffee, scones that taste like hemorrhoidal tissue, and then I force myself to listen to the Barney theme song over and over again.

Damn Colorado asshats!!!
🤣🤣

OP
OP

ixtimes

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 R1S, Adventure, Large, Quad, Forrest Green, 21s
Occupation
Education Advocate
Congrats on your new R1S! I also have it in Forest Green with the 21 inch wheels; you'll love it. Quick question for you (not to hijack your thread): I'm driving from Marin County to Portland next month. How did you find the I-5 charging infrastructure on your trip?
Smooth. The route that the route planner laid out was excellent. Everything was seemless.

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

I don't usually get it in return, but there is nothing better than a little bit of metal horns.

giphy.gif
That's what I do.

I have seen other Rivian drivers either just wave, or blink the emergency lights one flash.

Engineer

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S QM Adventure, UnderShield and 20" Darks
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I waved once… the woman followed me into the grocery store parking lot, parked 3 rows away, got out of her Rivian and proceeded to yell across the parking lot “You have a Rivian Too, that is so awesome!!!!”

I haven’t been that embarrassed since my mother yelled “I love you sweetie!!!” As I walked into middle school 40 years ago.

Now instead of waving I put my finger to my lips and do the “shhhhh” motion, indicating “yes I see we bought the same brand car, but let’s make it our little secret…”

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
The Count recommends shaking your hand and arm as if you are about to throw dice hard in a game of craps in an alleyway just off of west Flamingo Road.
Sponsored