Sponsored

Is Rivian having financial problems? They will not reply to my request for $1000 deposit refund after three weeks

milliemc

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
retired
Clubs

I had problems getting a chat going recently. Had to wait about 30minutes and this was my third try--in 3 days. I admit to being a bit ADD and got distracted the first two times. We will probably be cancelling too--as NM has no Service Centers and there is no place to pick up a vehicle.. I thought we would be able to pick ours up at the Denver, CO. SC--but no--not possible. We live in NM and though we could buy a Tesla and have it delivered to our house in 2020, Rivian cannot seem able/willing to do the same. As much as Musk annoys me personally, I have to admit Tesla is quite the car and their purchase and delivery system seems impeccable. We got our Model 3 within months of ordering and they even picked up the Subaru we traded in exchange. Frustrating.
Sponsored

SDH

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE; Jeep Rubicon
The customer service is all busy because of all the crashes being reported. Never seen such carnage on this Forum before.

Foobar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3P, Eva Ribelle
Occupation
IT Exec
Thanks Rob, I figured there must be something odd about my account to not see the "Cancel" option.

I feel like I am really working for the $1000 refund.
It was probably there and you didn't notice it before - it's easy to miss.

It's probably no longer there since they already canceled your reservation and are now processing the refund.

Rad_ry

First Name
Reece
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5
Occupation
Finance
I get the impression you are a sky is falling kinda guy. Not sure why you just haven't called if chat is taking too long

SourGrapes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota 4Runner; R1T
Occupation
Engineer
@jeffsolarspies , not that this helps your situation, but I was trying to return an unopened wall charger for over 3 months, and I kept getting told by CS and my Guide that there were "internal changes" happening and bear with them. I ended up just selling it locally.

Sponsored

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
The Count is willing to lend his game board.

Rivian R1T R1S Is Rivian having financial problems? They will not reply to my request for $1000 deposit refund after three weeks jum

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
Take it with a grain of salt but I was chatting with a rep at the service center last week and he said that they've stopped refunding canceled pre-orders and are going to use the deposit money to throw keg parties for the service center employees until the money dries up and Rivian goes under.
See this is why we can't be giving credibility to unsubstantiated rumors. My uncles third cousin's neighbor who works for Rivian told him that it was all for hookers and blow.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

If they are replying to your messages and need you to confirm your address then it's not entirely their fault it's taking this long. They don't want to send checks to places people won't receive them otherwise they have to incur the check cancel fees.
yeahl, this is OP just overreacting.

mwexler2

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, Prius Plug-in
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

The only time I used chat in the past (a couple weeks ago) someone responded within five minutes and gave me a call to resolve my issue, sent an email, and even texted me so we could keep in touch via text message to confirm my issue was resolved. All within minutes.

I just hit their chat today to see what it said and it was "You are number 120 in line". Crazy. Either a whole lot of people having issues or all of their staff called out sick today. 🤷‍♂️😢
See the above comment about the keg party. CS was invited. ;-)

Sponsored

sillyME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Aztek
Well, since you already listed R1T as your vehicle in the forum profile, maybe RIVN took that as a Bona Fide completion of the transaction thus, no refund on deposit. j/k

I would be frustrated too if you don't see the refund after multiple requests. Maybe calling credit card issuer, at least to flag the cc transaction charge after exhausted all other options?

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Kanundrum, I went to my account settings at Rivian.com, but I do not see any option to "Cancel my account online".

I clicked the chat request icon and am now number 78 in line after 30 minutes. The chat window originally estimate wait time to be 1 hour, but it is now saying 2 hours, and it bumped up to 3 hours for a couple minutes. Seems they do not have many folks in their customer service group.
You can cancel your preorder via the link in the confirmation email.

when I did mine it was automatically refunded pretty much instantly.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I had problems getting a chat going recently. Had to wait about 30minutes and this was my third try--in 3 days. I admit to being a bit ADD and got distracted the first two times. We will probably be cancelling too--as NM has no Service Centers and there is no place to pick up a vehicle.. I thought we would be able to pick ours up at the Denver, CO. SC--but no--not possible. We live in NM and though we could buy a Tesla and have it delivered to our house in 2020, Rivian cannot seem able/willing to do the same. As much as Musk annoys me personally, I have to admit Tesla is quite the car and their purchase and delivery system seems impeccable. We got our Model 3 within months of ordering and they even picked up the Subaru we traded in exchange. Frustrating.
Is this really Rivians fault? Or instead the lawmakers you elected sticking to lobbying money from dealership groups rather than what is best for the consumer.

As I understand NM is one of those states where Tesla has some carve out that doesn't apply to Rivian. I understand wanting to cancel but lets be clear this isn't Rivians fault... rant off

Whale Blubber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 BMW X3 3.0si, 2021 Toyota RAV4 XLE
TL;DR -- OP emailed a cancellation, Rivian responded to it, OP didn't see it and/or his ISP deleted it, and OP speculates Rivian may be going bankrupt. Meanwhile, rumors fly around potential CS keggers and/or hookers and blow parties, generating opportunity for sweet AI clickbait media payouts. Truly a post for the ages, rivaled perhaps only by unleashed dogs and dog-poop-bags-tossed-in-my-trashcan threads on Nextdoor.

Big Bad VooDoo

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Occupation
Medical
Why are people who canceled their order still watching this forum. Nothing better to do? I come here to find out things related to the product that I bought and not a bunch of unsubstantiated claims about wrong doing and how shitty Rivian vehicles are. Also, I don't give a damn about your belief that Tesla is a better product and Blah Blah Blah. The person who runs this forum in my huble opinion should have a general site where those who are trolling could go and one for verified owners where real topics can be discussed.
Sponsored