Sponsored

Is Rivian having financial problems? They will not reply to my request for $1000 deposit refund after three weeks

Fatdagreat78

First Name
Fathom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.linkedin.com
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Senior Director Operator/US Legislator
I never cancel
Take it with a grain of salt but I was chatting with a rep at the service center last week and he said that they've stopped refunding canceled pre-orders and are going to use the deposit money to throw keg parties for the service center employees until the money dries up and Rivian goes under.
[/QUOTE
I never canceled my order , send Vehicle

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager
The only time I used chat in the past (a couple weeks ago) someone responded within five minutes and gave me a call to resolve my issue, sent an email, and even texted me so we could keep in touch via text message to confirm my issue was resolved. All within minutes.

I just hit their chat today to see what it said and it was "You are number 120 in line". Crazy. Either a whole lot of people having issues or all of their staff called out sick today. 🤷‍♂️😢
I'm going with Aliens. "All your base are belong to us."

daeHelkcunK

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1965 Suburban, 1968 Chevelle, Cayenne S, R1T, R1S
Occupation
Physician
Due to personal circumstances, I am not able to buy a Rivian. I emailed Rivian customer service twice over the past three weeks, but they are not replying?

Is Rivian in financial distress that they cannot refund deposits?

If they refuse to address my refund request, what are my legal options?
No issue for me 4 weeks ago. I had a 3rd deposit and determined that I didn't need a 3rd. Immediately received $900 of my $1000 toward my credit card on file.
Sponsored