Sponsored

Is Rivian having financial problems? They will not reply to my request for $1000 deposit refund after three weeks

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Solar & storage plan drafting
Due to personal circumstances, I am not able to buy a Rivian. I emailed Rivian customer service twice over the past three weeks, but they are not replying?

Is Rivian in financial distress that they cannot refund deposits?

If they refuse to address my refund request, what are my legal options?
Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Due to personal circumstances, I am not able to buy a Rivian. I emailed Rivian customer service twice over the past three weeks, but they are not replying?

They will refund it, might take a few weeks. Try chatting or calling CS, emails are not the fastest.

They have 11 billion in cash, they are not going to stiff you for 1k.

OP
OP
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
You can cancel online on your account...
Kanundrum, I went to my account settings at Rivian.com, but I do not see any option to "Cancel my account online".

I clicked the chat request icon and am now number 78 in line after 30 minutes. The chat window originally estimate wait time to be 1 hour, but it is now saying 2 hours, and it bumped up to 3 hours for a couple minutes. Seems they do not have many folks in their customer service group.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Sponsored

freshpow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Take it with a grain of salt but I was chatting with a rep at the service center last week and he said that they've stopped refunding canceled pre-orders and are going to use the deposit money to throw keg parties for the service center employees until the money dries up and Rivian goes under.

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

Kanundrum, I went to my account settings at Rivian.com, but I do not see any option to "Cancel my account online".

I clicked the chat request icon and am now number 78 in line after 30 minutes. The chat window originally estimate wait time to be 1 hour, but it is now saying 2 hours, and it bumped up to 3 hours for a couple minutes. Seems they do not have many folks in their customer service group.
From a browser, sign in to your account then click on the vehicle icon on the left. Scroll down until you see the area below and click on "Cancel Preorder"
Rivian R1T R1S Is Rivian having financial problems? They will not reply to my request for $1000 deposit refund after three weeks 1684776554998

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
I'm like 70% sure some "journalist" is going to pick up on this thread and write an article about Rivian's financial problems.

Oldsmobile_Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG/FE R1T recv'd 3/31/2023
Occupation
I build stuff
Clubs

The only time I used chat in the past (a couple weeks ago) someone responded within five minutes and gave me a call to resolve my issue, sent an email, and even texted me so we could keep in touch via text message to confirm my issue was resolved. All within minutes.

I just hit their chat today to see what it said and it was "You are number 120 in line". Crazy. Either a whole lot of people having issues or all of their staff called out sick today. 🤷‍♂️😢

Reactions: Rad

Sponsored

wicked2112

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback & CrossTrek
Occupation
Warranty & Product Integrity Manager - Yakima Racks.
Clubs

Call CS directly or cancel this online through your account.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

legal options? go online to your account and cancel or check if its been cancelled. or try calling. overreacting to them not responding to an email.

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3
From a browser, sign in to your account then click on the vehicle icon on the left. Scroll down until you see the area below and click on "Cancel Preorder"
1684776554998.png
If the OP has confirmed their config that button will have been replaced with this.

Rivian R1T R1S Is Rivian having financial problems? They will not reply to my request for $1000 deposit refund after three weeks 1684779332233

OP
OP
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation

1684776554998.png
If the OP has confirmed their config that button will have been replaced with this.

1684779332233.png

I do not see either of those messages or options. It appears the only way to resolve the issue is to talk with their customer service via phone or chat.

Unfortunately, I was not able to wait two hours to get the chat rep to help, so I have to keep trying to do this through chat I suppose.

Sure does not give me a positive impression of Rivian that they would ignore my request for refund for more than three weeks.

AbhorViolence

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 VW GTI, 1998 Toyota Tacoma

What's your config? I'll look forward to seeing it in the shop and maybe picking it up if it's what I'm looking for.
Sponsored