Sponsored

Is anyone else concerned due to lack of Guide Contact?!?!

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
I'm pretty sure Rivian are prioritizing employee orders first
Rivian has said in the past that employee orders are not prioritized over customer orders, so I'm pretty sure this isn't true. There are undoubtedly a number of early investors who's orders will be prioritized. I would expect guide contacts to ramp up sooooon. Soon in this context means in one to three weeks.
Sponsored

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

What is the expectation for the time from guide contact to delivery? Days? Weeks? Months? Years?

Will there be a meaningful volume delivery of LEs this year?
FIFY

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2000 GMC Sierra
Does “by tomorrow” mean midnight to you, or the end of the day tomorrow?
As a legal term, I would consider" by tomorrow", as the end of your working day tomorrow. However, I wouldn't use "by tomorrow". I would say "no later than 5:00 pm tomorrow." That should avoid confusion.

To me, "by tomorrow" will include that day, as it is only one day and I would allow for any misinterpretation. However, "by November", I wouldn't allow for any misinterpretation, being there are several other ways to convey the message differently. Below are just 3 examples, to me, that shouldn't cause confusion. However, if there is a rule for "by month", I may be wrong. I'm sure open to correcting myself. ?

"If you have a Launch Edition preorder, your Rivian Guide will reach out to you no later than in the month of November, with expected delivery timing."

"If you have a Launch Edition preorder, your Rivian Guide will reach out to you by Thanksgiving, with expected delivery timing."

"If you have a Launch Edition preorder, your Rivian Guide will reach out to you no later than the end of November, with expected delivery timing."

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I think Sept deliveries will be a relatively small number of VIPs & employees. I don't believe they will miss their statement of September deliveries, but I also think we would've heard if "normal" customers were already getting through the finance & purchase process.

Sponsored

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

I am not worried yet. It only takes a few hours to actually complete a transaction, including financing. If Rivian has started production (they have, right????), they could just build various configurations and then arrange delivery to those who are ready. I give them another 2 weeks before I expect to hear about a delay.

If a Rivian guide contacted me this afternoon, I would be able to commit and take delivery as soon as they could get it to southern California. ;) I don't have a charger, but I do have a 50amp plug on the side where I park my RV.

fromSf

First Name
m
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus Rx450H, 2023 Genesis GV60
I'm pretty sure Rivian are prioritizing employee orders first and we won't hear a thing on here about those delivierys. They will likely be paying customers, but employees none the less. There could be a fairly large number of these. Would seem to me a great way to get more vehicles beyond just the Amazon vans out in the wild for daily driving.
Delivering to customers sooner only can justify their sky high 80B valuation.:cool: Most employees who joined in the past couple of years would prefer crazy returns on their stock options instead of a Rivian Truck/SUV.

Hoping they deliver vehicles to all LE holders first.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I think Sept deliveries will be a relatively small number of VIPs & employees. I don't believe they will miss their statement of September deliveries, but I also think we would've heard if "normal" customers were already getting through the finance & purchase process.
I am not worried yet. It only takes a few hours to actually complete a transaction, including financing. If Rivian has started production (they have, right????), they could just build various configurations and then arrange delivery to those who are ready. I give them another 2 weeks before I expect to hear about a delay.

If a Rivian guide contacted me this afternoon, I would be able to commit and take delivery as soon as they could get it to southern California. ;) I don't have a charger, but I do have a 50amp plug on the side where I park my RV.
It's funny, I have gone back and forth with myself on this. On one hand it seems like Rivian would want to get the finance and purchases done by now to help with logistics of shipping trucks.

On the other hand they could be batching out a bunch of trucks and then will match those trucks with people at the last minute.

Or they're manually running through the process and requiring an NDA of anyone for now to have some grand showing aligned with the end of the month and wanting to maximize the response.

At the end of the day, I don't really care who the first trucks go to as long as they get trucks to customers in September and are currently actually producing. The silence since RJ's email from Rivian regarding production, and that we somehow went from 5 or 6 cities to start first drives; to first drives this month being SF, LA, NYC, and Normal; to currently only Normal having September first drives being schedule just feels weird. The silence is deafening and I can't decide if that's a good thing or bad.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
I'm pretty sure Rivian are prioritizing employee orders first and we won't hear a thing on here about those delivierys. They will likely be paying customers, but employees none the less. There could be a fairly large number of these. Would seem to me a great way to get more vehicles beyond just the Amazon vans out in the wild for daily driving.
For what it’s worth, in my experience in product stuff, employees are last in line generally.

AndroidAppBundle

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bianchi
I am not really concerned, per se. When it comes to communications and Rivian; I have reset my expectations long ago. Which is to say - I have lowered them tremendously, and started using my own generous timelines.

If you LE res holders don’t hear from their guide by May 2022, then it is time to worry....
Sponsored