Sponsored

Is anyone else concerned due to lack of Guide Contact?!?!

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
I‘m becoming concerned. Not that I haven’t personally been contacted, but rather that there’s 2 weeks left in September, and we haven’t heard of a single person anywhere who has been told to expect delivery by the end of the month. Additionally, we haven’t seen any new guide contacts in what seems like a very long time. If production is supposed to be ramping up, I would have expected a lot more guide contacts to have started occurring and deliveries being scheduled between now and the end of the year.

This is unfortunately the same feeling I had in June and July, right before the delays were announced. I hope my gut is wrong this time.
Exactly my feelings. I'm sure they'll meet the September delivery deadline with a token few deliveries, but there have been zero additional guide contacts reported in quite some time. That does not signal readiness to begin production ramp-up to me.

I'm not particularly surprised nor do I think, in this supply chain environment, that it means Rivian is having real problems with anything other than getting the supplies they need.

I just wish they'd let us know what's going on. If there's <10% chance I'll have my LE R1S by Christmas, I'd like to know now. As it is, I'm assuming it'll be 6 more months, but can't stop myself from wanting more info.
Sponsored

TessP100D

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 2017 P100D MS
I‘m becoming concerned. Not that I haven’t personally been contacted, but rather that there’s 2 weeks left in September, and we haven’t heard of a single person anywhere who has been told to expect delivery by the end of the month. Additionally, we haven’t seen any new guide contacts in what seems like a very long time. If production is supposed to be ramping up, I would have expected a lot more guide contacts to have started occurring and deliveries being scheduled between now and the end of the year.

This is unfortunately the same feeling I had in June and July, right before the delays were announced. I hope my gut is wrong this time.
Exactly. If they intend to make deliveries this month, they’re should be a long list of buyers who are finalizing the orders and payments now. Somethings wrong.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Exactly my feelings. I'm sure they'll meet the September delivery deadline with a token few deliveries, but there have been zero additional guide contacts reported in quite some time. That does not signal readiness to begin production ramp-up to me.

I'm not particularly surprised nor do I think, in this supply chain environment, that it means Rivian is having real problems with anything other than getting the supplies they need.

I just wish they'd let us know what's going on. If there's <10% chance I'll have my LE R1S by Christmas, I'd like to know now. As it is, I'm assuming it'll be 6 more months, but can't stop myself from wanting more info.

I am almost gurantee you no R1S before christmas. I am a May 2019 R1S LE holder and I am guessing Next Feb or March but as long as its before next November I don't have to deviate from Rivian.

kvenom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
I am almost gurantee you no R1S before christmas. I am a May 2019 R1S LE holder and I am guessing Next Feb or March but as long as its before next November I don't have to deviate from Rivian.
....BUTBUT my CS rep told me guides will reach out by Thanksgiving and deliveries will start in January!!!!

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
Yeah, at this point I'll be shocked to have it in 2021. Not sure why it's so hard for Rivian to say
"We are ready to start production, which is dependent on a supply of ____. If it comes as scheduled, R1T deliveries start ___ and R1S should start___. We'll update you if those projections change."

I mean, they're gonna have to explain it to wall street if they want a successful IPO, so they might as well get ahead of the news.

Sponsored

fromSf

First Name
m
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus Rx450H, 2023 Genesis GV60
Yeah, at this point I'll be shocked to have it in 2021. Not sure why it's so hard for Rivian to say
"We are ready to start production, which is dependent on a supply of ____. If it comes as scheduled, R1T deliveries start ___ and R1S should start___. We'll update you if those projections change."

I mean, they're gonna have to explain it to wall street if they want a successful IPO, so they might as well get ahead of the news.
Same feeling... Seriously doubt I will have my LE-R1S in 2021. Unfortunately entire auto industry is having issues with supply chain so its hard to blame Rivian. Only thing we can ask is better communication and transparency.

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

They can't be transparent if they think they are worth $80B.

thedole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Occupation
Brewmeister
I'm pretty sure Rivian are prioritizing employee orders first and we won't hear a thing on here about those delivierys. They will likely be paying customers, but employees none the less. There could be a fairly large number of these. Would seem to me a great way to get more vehicles beyond just the Amazon vans out in the wild for daily driving.

Diddy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
I'm pretty sure Rivian are prioritizing employee orders first and we won't hear a thing on here about those delivierys. They will likely be paying customers, but employees none the less. There could be a fairly large number of these. Would seem to me a great way to get more vehicles beyond just the Amazon vans out in the wild for daily driving.
This doesn't make any sense to me. That would seem like a big FU to all the pre-order holders that have committed themselves to Rivian closing in on 3 years ago. Would be a terrible customer relations event, and I would imagine a lot of reservation holders being very vocal about their displeasure.

thedole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Occupation
Brewmeister
This doesn't make any sense to me. That would seem like a big FU to all the pre-order holders that have committed themselves to Rivian closing in on 3 years ago. Would be a terrible customer relations event, and I would imagine a lot of reservation holders being very vocal about their displeasure.
As a small business owner I can tell you it's almost impossible to hire COMPETENT talent right now. If I go to work for Rivian I would assume I'm moved right to the top of the list if I do want a new R1T.

Sponsored

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

As a small business owner I can tell you it's almost impossible to hire COMPETENT talent right now. If I go to work for Rivian I would assume I'm moved right to the top of the list if I do want a new R1T.
I disagree. For Rivian, I think customers are more important at this point in time. Customers give good publicity and good publicity helps the feel-good sheep make this an $80B company. Plus happy customers are great for short-term success. Good employees on the other hand are key to long-term success. While Rivian wants to keep employees happy, moving them to the front of the line is a good way to keep them for a very short time before being laid off.

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2000 GMC Sierra
When can I take delivery?

If you have a Launch Edition preorder, your Rivian Guide will reach out to you by November with expected delivery timing.
The quote above is on Rivian's website. To me, this is ambiguous wording. I interpret "by November" to mean the guides will contact all LE preorder holders prior to when the month of November arrives.

Many here will interpret it to include all the month of November. If Rivian intended for it to include all the month of November, they should have stated "in November", or no later than the "end of November", to prevent any confusion. Or, it could be there is some English language rule that explains "by November".

CS has told some we should hear from our guide by Thanksgiving. This leads me to believe Rivian is including all of November.

If the above is as I interpret, there are 34 (M-F) working days until November 1st, not counting today. If you include November, you'll need to add an additional 18 working days, up to Thanksgiving Day.

How many people can a Guide contact in one day? How many Guides are there? How many LE preorders are there? All unknowns.

Hopefully the Guides will be able to meet their timeframe.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
The quote above is on Rivian's website. To me, this is ambiguous wording. I interpret "by November" to mean the guides will contact all LE preorder holders prior to when the month of November arrives.

Many here will interpret it to include all the month of November. If Rivian intended for it to include all the month of November, they should have stated "in November", or no later than the "end of November", to prevent any confusion. Or, it could be there is some English language rule that explains "by November".

CS has told some we should hear from our guide by Thanksgiving. This leads me to believe Rivian is including all of November.

If the above is as I interpret, there are 34 (M-F) working days until November 1st, not counting today. If you include November, you'll need to add an additional 18 working days, up to Thanksgiving Day.

How many people can a Guide contact in one day? How many Guides are there? How many LE preorders are there? All unknowns.

Does “by tomorrow” mean midnight to you, or the end of the day tomorrow?

FWIW customer service told me I could expect guide by the end of November. Thanksgiving they said. I asked which one they meant as it’s in October in Canada, and they clarified its the US one. I tried ?

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Come on... we all know it by now... Rivian will pull a "Rivian"....

achieving full L.E. Guide contacts by November means 90% of us getting the first email from our Guide telling us how excited they are to finally meet us and that our Guide will be reaching out "real s00n" with further details to setup the purchase confirmation. Then a period of many weeks perhaps until the end of the year will transpire as meaningful Guide contacts trickle along. The inevitable anxiety peaking by Thanksgiving will be met with an Ali'esque rope-a-dope move.

EVTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unknown
Clubs

What is the expectation for the time from guide contact to delivery? Days? Weeks? Months?

Will there be a meaningful volume delivery of LEs this year?

As a backup I reserved a Lightning 6/3/21 which puts me around 90,000th in line. Ford’s published build rate puts my pickup out by at least 2.5 yrs. so much for my plan….

I want the R1T so with a heavy sigh I will wait.
Sponsored

Last edited: