First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch, Subaru Cross trek
Occupation
Enrolled Agent
Sorry if this has been discussed, but since Alexa will eventually been enabled to control things on the vehicle, does this mean if we subscribe to Amazon Music Unlimited we can use that in vehicle? I’m not a software guy so I’m not sure if this is possible or not. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Possible? Yes.
Supported? We currently have no idea.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Sorry if this has been discussed, but since Alexa will eventually been enabled to control things on the vehicle, does this mean if we subscribe to Amazon Music Unlimited we can use that in vehicle? I’m not a software guy so I’m not sure if this is possible or not. Thanks in advance!
One can only hope…HD and Ultra HD music just started streaming on there. Heck, even Dolby Atmos tracks. Would fully utilize the Meridian Audio for sure. Fingers crossed.

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
I asked that question while at the Venice Hub, they didn’t know the answer and took my info. One day later, I got the following email:

Hello Tim,​

We received an email from one of our representatives at the Venice HUB about some questions you had and wanted a follow up on.​

About Alexa, our Alexa functionality is different because in a Rivian, Alexa can control physical vehicle functions such as HVAC, windows, opening and closing the front trunk, and more. Users will be able to check on their gear remotely by accessing the vehicle’s bed camera from anywhere via Alexa Fire. The integration also allows Rivian to provide new “car-to-home” and “home-to-car” skills unique to its vehicles, as well as access to certain Alexa features when the vehicle is offline. An example: “Alexa, is my Rivian charging?”​

You'll have access to audio streaming with Spotify, TuneIn and Alexa-powered Amazon Music + Audible. (Meaning you can access Amazon Music + Audible, but only through Alexa voice requests, not the infotainment UI.​

If you have any additional questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out! Thank you for making Rivian an ally in your future adventures and have a great day!​

Forever Adventurous​

Josh​

So looks like the answer is yes, but only via voice.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
powered Amazon Music + Audible. (Meaning you can access Amazon Music + Audible, but only through Alexa voice requests, not the infotainment UI.
I refuse to believe Rivian would be this dumb.

Sponsored

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Hopefully they will add more options. I’m ok with voice, but shouldn’t be hard to add more services as apps over time.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Hopefully they will add more options. I’m ok with voice, but shouldn’t be hard to add more services as apps over time.
Voice only implies streaming to me. Does it cache ahead? Do I have to maintain a good connection to listen to an audio book? At least with apps it seems reasonable that you would likely be able to download books and/or stations.

And, personally, I don't like choosing music by voice. I don't put enough thought into knowing what Playlist I want to listen to without seeing it.

OP
OP
Blur1t

Blur1t

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Enrolled Agent
I asked that question while at the Venice Hub, they didn’t know the answer and took my info. One day later, I got the following email:

Hello Tim,​

We received an email from one of our representatives at the Venice HUB about some questions you had and wanted a follow up on.​

About Alexa, our Alexa functionality is different because in a Rivian, Alexa can control physical vehicle functions such as HVAC, windows, opening and closing the front trunk, and more. Users will be able to check on their gear remotely by accessing the vehicle’s bed camera from anywhere via Alexa Fire. The integration also allows Rivian to provide new “car-to-home” and “home-to-car” skills unique to its vehicles, as well as access to certain Alexa features when the vehicle is offline. An example: “Alexa, is my Rivian charging?”​

You'll have access to audio streaming with Spotify, TuneIn and Alexa-powered Amazon Music + Audible. (Meaning you can access Amazon Music + Audible, but only through Alexa voice requests, not the infotainment UI.​

If you have any additional questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out! Thank you for making Rivian an ally in your future adventures and have a great day!​

Forever Adventurous​

Josh​

So looks like the answer is yes, but only via voice.
Great to hear thanks!

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

When I read any details about the infotainment I mentally add, “at this time.” I get the impression that we are seeing the vehicle with the minimum fully-functioning feature set to get it out the door and into the hands of customers. The R1T user manual feels exactly the same to me: just enough but with more to come.

I’m remaining optimistic that OTA updates are going to refine a lot of existing features (e.g. center and side camera views upgraded to 360-degree top-down view) and add new ones like playing music from a USB connection in addition to Bluetooth, Amazon Music with a display interface, etc.

ATL_Canes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90; R1T LE (Delivered April 2022)
When I read any details about the infotainment I mentally add, “at this time.” I get the impression that we are seeing the vehicle with the minimum fully-functioning feature set to get it out the door and into the hands of customers. The R1T user manual feels exactly the same to me: just enough but with more to come.

I’m remaining optimistic that OTA updates are going to refine a lot of existing features (e.g. center and side camera views upgraded to 360-degree top-down view) and add new ones like playing music from a USB connection in addition to Bluetooth, Amazon Music with a display interface, etc.
Agreed. I hate to keep drawing comparisons to Tesla, but they didn’t offer Spotify integration in the US for many years, but it finally came through an OTA update. And the people rejoiced (I was so used to using my phone, I never used it haha). Given this is purely software driven, it is an “easy” thing to add.

Sponsored

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
Agreed. I hate to keep drawing comparisons to Tesla, but they didn’t offer Spotify integration in the US for many years, but it finally came through an OTA update. And the people rejoiced (I was so used to using my phone, I never used it haha). Given this is purely software driven, it is an “easy” thing to add.
I agree but for the amount of money as Rivian costs, I have to make sure the cost-benefit ratio is there _right now_. I can't afford to spend that kind of money on a hope that a feature I want/need _might_ be there in the future.

OP
OP
Blur1t

Blur1t

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Enrolled Agent

I’m optimistic this is the way I feel too!

koersontap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None!
Occupation
Engineer
I agree but for the amount of money as Rivian costs, I have to make sure the cost-benefit ratio is there _right now_. I can't afford to spend that kind of money on a hope that a feature I want/need _might_ be there in the future.
I agree with the mindset. But Amazon music integration is one of those things that I'll have 3-4 different work-arounds if it's not shipped out the gate. Sure, I'd love to have it day 1 natively. But if it takes them a while to get there, I'll manage fine with Spotify, Amazon on my phone via Bluetooth, the voice activated Alexa as confirmed, etc......

OP
OP
Blur1t

Blur1t

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Enrolled Agent
I agree with the mindset. But Amazon music integration is one of those things that I'll have 3-4 different work-arounds if it's not shipped out the gate. Sure, I'd love to have it day 1 natively. But if it takes them a while to get there, I'll manage fine with Spotify, Amazon on my phone via Bluetooth, the voice activated Alexa as confirmed, etc......
Yes, I’m mean we’re early adopters, so it goes with the territory I guess. It does seem odd this close they still aren’t sure which direction they are going. Guess they are still awaiting feedback, these forums definitely provide a small taste.

slawwach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace, Hyundai Santa Cruz
I’m remaining optimistic that OTA updates are going to refine a lot of existing features (e.g. center and side camera views upgraded to 360-degree top-down view)
Wait... 360-degree top-down view is not a thing?
Sponsored