Sponsored

Invited to see the F150 Lightning tomorrow (8/5) and meet with Ford's General Manager of EV's

Jarico75

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y, Camry Hybrid
Clubs

Really curious if we're going to see anything from SVT/Shelby/Roush for the EVs.
Shelby and Roush pull out the ford engine and drop in their own. The accessories and trim changes are secondary to the engine changes. I am not aware that they are developing their own electric motors.
Sponsored

Notaevfan

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Suburban, Silverado 2500, E39 M5, e34 M5, E36 M3,
Occupation
Home Builder
This is what people want from Rivian. Some people got to go see the truck interior and all, post pics, answer questions. Now people on this forum will try to guess range, charge times, etc, and this will not hurt demand for the lightning at all. I don't know what Rivian is so scared of. We know final specs might change and we know a preproduction vehicle may have some fitment issues but again, it won't hurt demand, it's just going to make people excited. So to everyone on here who gets mad when there is a post complaining about lack of info and access, just remember that it's really not hard to do this and Ford just proved it. I'm still going to wait for my wife's R1S because as my wife says, it F N sucks but we've waited this long...but come on, get some of these things out there already. Big thanks to those of you posting so fast....and I guess Ford for allowing it?

OP
OP
RivianXpress

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer
This is what people want from Rivian. Some people got to go see the truck interior and all, post pics, answer questions. Now people on this forum will try to guess range, charge times, etc, and this will not hurt demand for the lightning at all. I don't know what Rivian is so scared of. We know final specs might change and we know a preproduction vehicle may have some fitment issues but again, it won't hurt demand, it's just going to make people excited. So to everyone on here who gets mad when there is a post complaining about lack of info and access, just remember that it's really not hard to do this and Ford just proved it. I'm still going to wait for my wife's R1S because as my wife says, it F N sucks but we've waited this long...but come on, get some of these things out there already. Big thanks to those of you posting so fast....and I guess Ford for allowing it?
I agree completely. Many things will change with the F150 prior to first deliveries mid 2022 but they are still being very transparent and creating goodwill and Buzz in the next 10 months.
Iā€™m not an early Rivian holder but I have two deposits placed and have two friends also with deposits. The three of us also have first day F150 reservations.
There has been serious talk between us in the last two months regarding which truck we are going to choose. One is strongly leaning toward Ford because of the V2H feature. I was strongly in the Rivian camp til yesterday - now Iā€™ve decided that if I canā€™t take delivery of the Rivian before the end of 2021 itā€™s fair game in 2022 and I could pick either.

Rivian really needs to throw us some tidbits and features to keep us interested IMO. It canā€™t be that difficult to share some of the distinct capabilities they will over. I feel they are getting to ā€˜engineeringā€™ like and are wanting to have everything PERFECT for launch which any engineer knows is impossibly.
I suggest they loosen the reigns and let the marketing department take over for a a month or two - Ford is slowing eating away at their early advantage and putting doubts in peopleā€™s minds about which truck they now want.

Last edited:

Tommy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Raptor, 2003 HD Fatboy

BWillR1T

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander, Audi Q7
Occupation
Construction Executive
Clubs

You are absolutely
BWillR1T,

I think your calculation may be reversed. It would appear you extrapolated that 148 miles of travel took 43% of the battery and that the driver should expect to get 344 total miles from this charge (148/0.43 = 344).

I believe the screen is telling us 43% of the battery has been used, and the remaining 57% of this charge leaves us with 148 miles remaining. Therefore, the equation for total miles on this charge should read: 148/0.57 = 259.65 miles total for this charge.

This would mean that 43% of the range used got us 111.65 miles (259.65 Ɨ 0.43 = 111.65) and the remaining 57% of the battery should be good for the 148 shown on the screen. Is that right? So the 111.65 miles driven using 43% of the battery leaves us with an expected 148 miles left with the other 57%, getting us to about 260 total miles.

I'd hate for anyone to have their hopes of 344 miles per charge dashed by only getting 260 miles, but I believe that is what the math is telling us.

Please let me know if I got this wrong.
You are absolutely correct DuckTruck! I rushed that calculation for sure.

Sponsored

Trekkie

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ID.4, 2022 Polestar 2, 2023.5 Defender 110
Occupation
IT Nerd
It's exciting to see the F150. Personally I prefer the Rivian's style especially that camp kitchen option. Hope some events like this start happening more with production versions of the R1T soon.

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
What does Ford's long-term battery degradation look like at say 100K miles?

I have an early reservation (first 19K). Will we be able to test drive prior to ordering?

As with everyone else...Why all the speculation on the range? Is 300 miles EPA or something else?

Thank you!
Hey! I put in a res too, how do you know how high up you are? I think I did it in a few days of them opening them up. Best D

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Hey! I put in a res too, how do you know how high up you are? I think I did it in a few days of them opening them up. Best D
A bunch of us from the PNW just signed up to check them.out in Seattle in the middle of September. Always good to know what the legacy OEMs are doing, and Ford seems to be on the right track.

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
From what people are stating on the F-150 forum, if you look at your reservation number from Ford, it's the last 5 or I guess 6 digits now as Ford is stating over 120k orders. The early numbers started with 108xxxxx. I ordered within a couple of minutes into the live presentation so mine is 10819xxx. So maybe the first 19k? This may be total guesswork.

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

Just got back - I tried to get all your questions answered

Here you go:

1. Range - 300 miles with 1000 lb payload
  2. Some show more range than 200 - see above
  3. Will there be a range extender - not at this time
  4. Can we start ordering back up power system installs - Not until you order your truck
  5. will the 80A charger also work for the Mach-e - YES
  6. When will the build and _price tool be available- Q4 2021
  7. Target production numbers for 2022 - NOT SAYING
  8. Which trim levels when - FALL 2021
  9. Estimate of first year delivery #ā€™s and date - MID 2022 for early RSVP - NO #ā€™s
  10. Will PRO have same color options as XLT and move - COLOR OPTIONS CURRENTLY ON WEB
  11. can we add 360 camera all cart - NO
  12. When will we see official trim levels - FALL 2021
  13. Same colors as current 150 -NO
  14. Will Fiord/SunRun kits be available in advance - NO
  15. Price for fully loaded platinum - $89K
  16. DC fast charging curve same as Mach E better - BETTER
  17. How long will it charge at 125 - 150 MAX BUT BETTER THAN MACH E
  18. Will there be an 8ā€™ bed - MAYBE LATER
  19. No ADMā€™s ? - THEY ARE TRYING TO AVOID THEM
  20. Is the Silver prototype ā€˜ice blue silverā€™ - YES
  21. Confirmation that the Pro extended range is fleet only. - CONFIRMED
  22. 60k is the minimum to purchase the extended range - YES
  23. Charging over 200kWh - NO
  24. First Edition model - NO
  25. Range drop when towing - YES
  26. Will the DC-AC inverter panel for the Intelligent Backup Power be a standard part of the Charge Station Pro or an optional add-on to the 80A EVSE included with the Extended Range battery models? - ADD ON
  27. Month that orders start - FALL 2021
  28. Why is Ford refusing to sell the Pro extended range to standard consumers - NO IDEA
  29. Charge Profile - FLATTER THAN MACH-E - 150 MAX FOR NOW
  30. Will there be a propulsion sound - YES
  31. When will order banks open - FALL 2021
  32. Will there be a more off road oriented package available for the Lightning? - NO
  33. Is X-Plan going to be available, for the Lightning, at launch? - NOT SURE YET
  34. Will people with reservations get a chance to experience or even drive the Lightning before ordering? - TEST DRIVE IN SPRING 2022
  35. Is Ford going to take any action to insure dealerships don't charge any dealer markup on ordered Lightnings?
  36. Cloth seats for the Pro - THEY ARE TRYING
  37. Will Blues Clues be available on the XLT or is it exclusive to the Lariat and Platnium? - NOT SURE
  38. Will the twin panel moonroof be available on the XLT? - NO
  39. Can you ask if solar panels are required to use V2G function for battery backup - NOT NEEDED

Other tidbits

- They are trying to keep people placed according to when they paced their orders. Early reservation holders will hopefully place orders late fall or Q4 2021. First deliveries Mid 2022 - may be a little earlier

- 5 to 81 percent in 41 min DC
- 10 min charges up 54 miles
- Test drives next year q2
- Invites to order q4
- If you have a charger already you may get more free kw
- Different levels of Lariet and XLT
- Lariat "Lux" (?) includes larger battery, tow package and other - $10k added?

I came away very impressed - I also have a Rivian RSVP and hope they do something similar soon!!

I reached no to press the RANGE button for you guys at the start of the event. Before they were getting tough!
Great work I have my Ford EV tour and drive set up for 8/26 should be fun. I'm driving a prototype loaner F150 from them currently and its nice just nothing great. I'm still Rivian 100% we will se see if this changes my feelings.

Any other questions come up I can try to get pictures or answers on my tour.
Sponsored