First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Dodge Durange R/T, Kia Soul EV
Occupation
Biostatistician
Back to the original question. I’d really like to know the size of the Max Pack for the R1S. I’ll+1 the question about test drive events, particularly the timing of Seattle. Thanks for soliciting questions!
I checked in with my guide on Monday this week regarding updates on timing estimates that were given to me prior to RJ's announcement of a delay. Here is what he said about the Seattle test drive event that was originally scheduled for August: "Our Demo Drive Tour has been moved to September. We will announce those dates as soon as they are set in stone. We look forward to seeing you there and showing you these fantastic vehicles. You'll have a blast!".
Sponsored

TXR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order
R1S Max Pack timing.

bowhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Clubs

I hope CS is at least having fun with this, how many times can one person say soon in one day.
And how many months can you say "soon" about the same thing before dying a little inside.

@KWeimer711 , thank you for reaching out for questions!

1. Given that they allowed "the lucky 10" to drive and examine the vehicles, can they please empower our guides to provide remote video walkthroughs and allow them to provide requested pictures?
  2. Would love to see a regular cadence of virtual events where they can focus on different topics with demos and provide moderated Q&A. They could also conduct live surveys and gain customer insight. (I work in the event industry and would be happy to help :) )
  3. Will the test drive events provide the breadth of driving scenarios that was included at the event in Normal?

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T LE/LG/FE, 2022 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
I assume this rep would also benefit from not only questions, but suggestions. I'm not sure how to put this without sounding like a jealous a-hole, because I guess I am, but here goes. I am absolutely thrilled that they are finally reaching out with some unique and fun direct contacts with a select few, very few, but what about the rest of us? Instead of funneling questions and concerns through one person, why not just email ALL OF US and bring in questions and suggestions that way as well. Do both. Make us feel like part of this contact community too. Why leave the rest of us out of discussions and in the dark. Almost seems like they are using the SELECT FEW as their PR workers. What is with all the secrecy?? Is it really all that difficult to send out a weekly email with some kind of updates, even if they are about delays? There must be some kind of progress being made each week that we'd all like to know about. That would go a long way with helping us through the delay frustrations. The delays aren't fun, but are understandable. But, I am finding the lack of communication is the most irritating thing.
So I guess here are my suggestions:
--Regular weekly emails with updates, be they good or bad. We need to know what's going on. I'm so tired of all the speculation, which is all we usually have.
--Continue with the unique and fun events with a select few, but at the same time, let the rest of us know about them and don't rely so heavily on the select few to communicate back to the rest of us. I feel like you are using them, even though they love to tell us all about it, it just doesn't seem fair to them to be used that way.
--The Riviot community seems to be a pretty tight bunch and I hope it stays that way. But, communicating with just a few does make the rest of us feel a bit left out. We can't help it--we're only human and it brings out our inner child. ? I could see the envy in the faces of the Rivian Stories guys during the interview with John--it was palpable. Is that good? I don't know--maybe it generates more excitement, or maybe resentment. You tell me.

By comparison, we're ALREADY scheduled for a Ford F-150 Lightning tour and test drive in mid-September. Ford has been all over the place letting people crawl all over their pickups. I think that is great PR for the company and vehicle. We're planning on getting both the Rivian and Lightning, so for us there is no competition between the two. Both look great for similar and different reasons. Two very different companies with different market focus and marketing concepts. But, so far a prefer Ford's PR approach. I've also received update emails from Ford and was called literally immediately after pre-ordering--I mean within minutes.

Okay, that's my rant and I expect to be blasted by y'all so have at it!! ?

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Will the test drive events provide the breadth of driving scenarios that was included at the event in Normal?
I'm fully expecting them to have our Seattle event at a track in the area and remake mount Rivian and their off-road course.

Not really, but that would be absolutely awesome.

Our Demo Drive Tour has been moved to September. We will announce those dates as soon as they are set in stone. We look forward to seeing you there and showing you these fantastic vehicles. You'll have a blast!
Connecting some dots, I'm guessing they're waiting till they spin the production line up and then send them out at the last minute. So (my guess) is they're waiting for that timing to solidify and people will be notified about their shipping date at roughly the same time the event dates are announced.

Just a guess.

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
By comparison, we're ALREADY scheduled for a Ford F-150 Lightning tour and test drive in mid-September. Ford has been all over the place letting people crawl all over their pickups. I think that is great PR for the company and vehicle. We're planning on getting both the Rivian and Lightning, so for us there is no competition between the two. Both look great for similar and different reasons. Two very different companies with different market focus and marketing concepts. But, so far a prefer Ford's PR approach. I've also received update emails from Ford and was called literally immediately after pre-ordering--I mean within minutes.
small pushback here, I put myself on the pre-order list for Ford literally as their site went live and didn't even know a tour and test drive was possible with the lightning. I know they had a community even, but haven't seen anything in my area, and have received no information from Ford regarding how to sign up for a future event, or even that one would occur in the Seattle area. After my dealer reaching out within the first day or placing a pre-order, I've received I think... A single email 6 days ago with no new information, reaffirming that I've pre-ordered, and links to their website. That's it. That's their communication.

ie: Ford isn't doing any better with communication than Rivian, and in some ways is worse in my experience thus far. I don't particularly care because I'm not particularly excited about the lightning, it's my backup vehicle, and I've seen enough people have access to it that I get that it's basically just an electrified F150. Which is totally fine. There just aren't a ton of questions about it in my mind.

Jamuso

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ridgeline
Occupation
Sr software engineer - manager
I would ask / invite the customer engagement rep to join this forum. Not to be an active participant - although that would be great - but to see the mostly good content that is being shared. This may influence engagement in a positive way.

jack w

First Name
jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model S
Occupation
film editor
Any progress and updates (timing, range, fold flat?) for the large battery/long range R!S?

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

I would ask / invite the customer engagement rep to join this forum. Not to be an active participant - although that would be great - but to see the mostly good content that is being shared. This may influence engagement in a positive way.
Who says he isn't? There are a couple of things I see on this forum that are people concerns or wants and then we get a video or something about it later. Maybe it just feels that way to me but I think they are watching.

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T LE/LG/FE, 2022 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
small pushback here, I put myself on the pre-order list for Ford literally as their site went live and didn't even know a tour and test drive was possible with the lightning. I know they had a community even, but haven't seen anything in my area, and have received no information from Ford regarding how to sign up for a future event, or even that one would occur in the Seattle area. After my dealer reaching out within the first day or placing a pre-order, I've received I think... A single email 6 days ago with no new information, reaffirming that I've pre-ordered, and links to their website. That's it. That's their communication.

ie: Ford isn't doing any better with communication than Rivian, and in some ways is worse in my experience thus far. I don't particularly care because I'm not particularly excited about the lightning, it's my backup vehicle, and I've seen enough people have access to it that I get that it's basically just an electrified F150. Which is totally fine. There just aren't a ton of questions about it in my mind.
Hooray--I love push back!!
Push back at ya--they have allowed many reviewers to thoroughly examine the truck and taken some out for drives. Hell, they just debuted the thing a few months ago. Much more communications and openness since it debuted.

Okay, okay, I'll give that the emails haven't been all that often, but I personally feel less left in the dark. And, it has only been a few months since pre-orders started.

As for the tours/test drives, the registration for that popped up last week and we managed to get in on that before it was full and closed down. Sorry you missed it. The one we're going to is in the Seattle area. I actually found out about it through a Lightning FB group. Just lucky and it wasn't Ford that told me about it, so you are correct there, too, for a push back. Well done there at slapping me down!! :rock:

Maybe quote: "There just aren't a ton of questions about it in my mind." that's because Ford has done such a good job telling us all about the Lightning? I say YES!

Sponsored

Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T!
Clubs

Not a question but more of a summarization of some facts that need to be expressed.

I've learned more information on this forum via the efforts of others to share or otherwise forcefully extract :) information than from Rivian directly. There are countless post here that start with "chatted with my CS/Guide today and..." or "noticed this on a pic shared on social media" or even "the code has changed"

Lots of people are saying the same thing as this, but it could/should be better where Rivian officially shares first.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Hooray--I love push back!!
Push back at ya--they have allowed many reviewers to thoroughly examine the truck and taken some out for drives. Hell, they just debuted the thing a few months ago. Much more communications and openness since it debuted.

Okay, okay, I'll give that the emails haven't been all that often, but I personally feel less left in the dark. And, it has only been a few months since pre-orders started.

As for the tours/test drives, the registration for that popped up last week and we managed to get in on that before it was full and closed down. Sorry you missed it. The one we're going to is in the Seattle area. I actually found out about it through a Lightning FB group. Just lucky and it wasn't Ford that told me about it, so you are correct there, too, for a push back. Well done there at slapping me down!! :rock:

Maybe quote: "There just aren't a ton of questions about it in my mind." that's because Ford has done such a good job telling us all about the Lightning? I say YES!
Agreed. They've definitely let more people have public access to it. But that they had this event and literally nobody associated with Ford let us know is annoying.

Rithvik

First Name
rithvik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Occupation
IT
would like to know more on tank turn and charging by towing

Jamuso

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ridgeline
Occupation
Sr software engineer - manager
Who says he isn't? There are a couple of things I see on this forum that are people concerns or wants and then we get a video or something about it later. Maybe it just feels that way to me but I think they are watching.
I dont know one way or another - but asking may get a yeah we're here or a good idea I'll join or something totally different..... the thread starter was asking for stuff....I suggested something....

LaunchGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
I'd like to ask:

1. When we can expect professional photos / videos of each exterior and interior color in proper lighting instead of renders? It's a pretty major configuration item that we are told might affect deliveries, yet we don't have the information to be able to make this decision.

2. Has EPA testing been completed? If not, what stage is it at? When will this information be released? Will there be different ratings (or relevant info) for each tire choice, towing, etc?

3. Is there a list of apps / functionality that will be available in the infotainment system at launch? Do we have basic spec on the system (chips, ram, hd space, etc)?

4. Driving specs: turning radius (non tank), etc
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.