Sponsored
Status
Not open for further replies.

Attesan997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I literally asked CS this on chat yesterday, they said "soon" ?‍♂ I want one of those water bottles!
I hope CS is at least having fun with this, how many times can one person say soon in one day.
Sponsored

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

I have so many, but I’ll try and keep it concise.

-It’s been one month since RJ promised better communication and more frequent production updates…yet we’ve heard absolutely nothing. Why?

-Guides had told several people to expect loads of info and weekly emails starting in late June, yet here it is mid-August, and still nothing. Why?

-Its clear that the online color renderings on several of the colors are completely different than they are in person, yet they’ve made zero updates to reflect that on their website and configurator. Why?

-There are loads of photos on the website that are out of date, old prototypes, etc. that don’t reflect the actual vehicle being delivered. Why?

-WHY are they continuing to hold so many details, so many important features, such critical information secret when it’s clearly frustrating many pre-order holders, fans, and evangelists for their company?
? we have seen a lot more info come out lately I'm not sure what you are talking about?

Diddy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
? we have seen a lot more info come out lately I'm not sure what you are talking about?
Please forward me the weekly emails you‘ve received from Rivian as promised by the guides.

Also please message me the official production updates that RJ promised would be received “in the coming weeks”…1 month ago.

Actually please send any detailed info we’ve received from the company since they sent out the “Inside Story” back in June, other than the last minute delay notification we got.

Assume for a second you’re not on this Forum like the vast majority of pre-order holders aren’t …what “lot more info” have you received from Rivian?

Im not sure what you’re talking about?

Each of my 5 questions was specific, accurate, and unanswered. Please let me know if I missed some communication from Rivian that addressed them.

Edit: Re-read this post and I sound like a dick. Not trying to be a dick. But I truly am curious what information Rivian has shared lately that has formed your opinion. Thanks and sorry.

Last edited:

giraffesR1T

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, C3 Corvette
Occupation
IT
Im with you. I think communication and social media out reach has increased substantially. The fact that RJ sent out a letter was huge. Can they do more? Sure. Can we please everyone? No and Rivian never will. There will always be complaints.

I mean dont forget, we weren't informed that they were doing a private event for early preorder holders. How dare they!

LaunchGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
Like what? All I’ve seen is videos of people’s smiling faces. What information have you received?

Sponsored

PostMinivanDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Pacifica PHEV, 23' 3 row Model Y
@KWeimer711 , thank you for taking the time to consult your fellow board members. I think this would fit in their current marketing/information dissemination approach (no point asking for straight up informational videos, seems pretty clear by now we will not be getting them): Could he host ASAP another reservation holder event, this time for the R1S, and, instead of prioritizing videos on driving experience (should be the same as R1T), show us large families, with babies, young children, car seats, boosters, dogs, luggage, bikes etc being put inside and on top of the cars.

Last edited:

monzarottie

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, MB Sprinter 4x4, R2 Reservation
Occupation
Retired
Back to the original question. I’d really like to know the size of the Max Pack for the R1S. I’ll+1 the question about test drive events, particularly the timing of Seattle. Thanks for soliciting questions!

CarterGee

First Name
Carter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota 4Runner Limited '16
Suuuuper cool that the company is reaching out about this. I've worked in Community Management for over a decade, so I care a lot about CS and this world.

What I would want to know or ask would be...
  1. How is Rivian understanding the expectations of its community? Is it through Guides? Reddit/Forums? Specifically, Rivian said it needed to do better comms, but how are they figuring our exactly what the community wants?
  2. Are there plans for Rivian to build or endorse an online community? Right now there are at least two forums and one subreddit, all unofficial and all without any Rivian representation. Does the company plan any customer engagement in those places?
  3. How will vehicle owners be contacted about their experience with the vehicles over time to measure their satisfaction?
  4. What's something you wish Rivian was better at from a customer perspective - or a moment you would have done differently?
  5. Why did the company show Launch Green the way it did without either owning the message or contacting preorder holders first?
And I have more, but that's what I would ask :)

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

That being said, I have a million questions to ask but figured I would throw it out to this group for anything along those lines that you would like ask.
Question I want you to ask: Can I come with? ?

Sponsored

Skigh

First Name
Skigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Received an email this afternoon from my guide letting me know that the Sr. Director of the Customer Engagement Center would like to meet for lunch. I was encouraged to ask him any questions in regards to the delivery process or anything else of interest.

That being said, I have a million questions to ask but figured I would throw it out to this group for anything along those lines that you would like asked (can promise what will actually get answered). He is supposed to be reaching out to set up a date/time/location but hoping to hear from him and lock that down ASAP.
I agree, that's great that they are meeting with people and providing a face to face to get some answers. I feel that a Sr. Director will provide more insight than our CS experiences. I'm sure there will be vague answers but I bet you get a better glimpse into some topics.

I would like to jump on the test drive question. Where will they be and what does that program specifically look like? i.e. who will have the ability and when will it be available?

I'm also curious about what they feel the biggest priority is with customer engagement and how they are addressing it. What can we expect to change in the future to improve it.

I can't wait to hear what you get for additional intell.

Last edited:

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
Why did the company show Launch Green the way it did without either owning the message or contacting preorder holders first?
This is an excellent question - it's a microcosm of Rivian Comm ills.

The color should have been a centerpiece of LE vehicles and should have been shown and touted in real life long ago. Instead, everyone discovered what it looked like due to random pictures taken at a random event by a random reservation holder.

BTW, that's not a criticism of @DuckTruck BTW. He's been amazing and a serendipitous communication event for Rivian. For me, he's done more to build my enthusiasm for the truck than all of the communications from Rivian actual over the last year combined.

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

If you notice him specifically avoiding the word Soon, ask him what a 4 letter word starting with s, meaning in the near future.

Just to see if there's a policy against avoiding the word soon lol.

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

To consolidate several posts into one idea:

The company's rough timeline for the next 12-18 months

Within this falls test drives, LE and non-LE delivery schedule, when / if the R1S max pack is available, etc.

I totally understand all automakers are struggling with parts/suppliers, but that doesn't make me feel any better about being totally in the dark.

E.S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
When can will Rivian release official EPA figures? (If they respond with s00n, just smack him or at least give him a dirty glare ?)

Personally related question: When the HELL is Rivian coming to Florida? (same thing as above if they say "s00n").

Let them vehemently know "s00n" isn't an acceptable response.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.