Sponsored

Investor Business Daily Article (20k deliveries in 2021?)

Temerarius

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model X, 2018 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
Occupation
Sr. Program Manager
The internet is for arguing on ?
You know it's time to chill and walk away when you find yourself "Rage Googling"...kinda like when you write that email... but pause and don't send it, because you don't like sweeping floors or restocking soda machines for a living.
Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
You know it's time to chill and walk away when you find yourself "Rage Googling"...kinda like when you write that email... but pause and don't send it, because you don't like sweeping floors or restocking soda machines for a living.
Rivian R1T R1S Investor Business Daily Article (20k deliveries in 2021?) 1633566471662

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
This is entirely my $0.02 so treat it with an appropriate amount of salt. I think that the S1, as written, represents a “normal” ramp and business year so that potential investors can understand what the business looks like in a typical operating environment. So, as I see it, that is where those numbers come from. I would not be surprised at all for there to be an annex or addendum to the S1 which caveats the heck out of the numbers based I. The reality of COVID-19 and the staffing/supply chain issues induced by it as a factor external to the “normal” health and operating environment of the company.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Then there is this red notice at the top of the filing document.....

The information in this preliminary prospectus is not complete and may be changed. We may not sell these securities until the registration statement filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission is effective. This preliminary prospectus is not an offer to sell these securities and we are not soliciting offers to buy these securities in any jurisdiction where the offer or sale is not permitted.

Subject to Completion, dated October 1, 2021

flabyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6
Occupation
Health Care
My curiosity (and hopefully I'm not completely alone on this) is how many of you out there went for the Max Pack when it came on-line. Curiosity reason part #1 is that I'm still trying to decide if I should switch to the Max vs keep my short range (lol) unit. Reason Part #2 is the obvious one of wondering how far up the chain we've moved with those who've ditched-out on the LE.

Anyone want to give me their thoughts on the pros and cons of going to the Max Pack.. The customer service team responded to me a couple of weeks ago and indicated that Max Packs are shipping in January, there are "a lot" of people who've switched, and that the Max Pack (non-LE) will NOT have the [included] retractable bed tonneau (as it is a launch edition item?)...

I can't wait for all of your thoughts on this. I'm really torn. $10K is a lot for an extra 100~ miles -- even for those with pockets lined with gold flake....
You're saying a Max Pack Adventure Trim R1T wouldn't have the automatic bed tonneau?? That would be noteworthy. I did get the same response from CS in regards to timing on the Max Pack. Shipping Jan 2022

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You're saying a Max Pack Adventure Trim R1T wouldn't have the automatic bed tonneau?? That would be noteworthy. I did get the same response from CS in regards to timing on the Max Pack. Shipping Jan 2022
adventure trim level includes the power tonneau, explore does not. This has not changed.

I confirmed with CS today that (Canadian) LE deliveries still start in November, with adventure and explore deliveries commencing in January, including max pack(that’s me)

Last edited:

Temerarius

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model X, 2018 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
Occupation
Sr. Program Manager
adventure trim level includes the power tonneau, explore does not. This has not changed.
I think that maybe the confusion @TheSasquatch is bumping into.

The Max Pack = Just that, the Max Pack, it's not the Adventure edition (or the same as the LE) and thus doesn't come with the Adventure edition goodies (like the tonneau, spiffy sound system, etc...).

For the power tonneau and other goodies, you need to also select the Adventure edition.

flabyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6
Occupation
Health Care

I confirmed with CS today that(Canadian) LE deliveries still start in November, with adventure and explore deliveries commencing in January, including max pack(that’s me)
Yep. That was my understanding as well, but the the guy I was replying to had stated something different. That all non-LE R1Ts with Max pack would be without it

TheSasquatch

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Occupation
IT Consulting
Yep. That was my understanding as well, but the the guy I was replying to had stated something different. That all non-LE R1Ts with Max pack would be without it
No no- you're both correct. I WAS insinuating that ANY of the other editions would not be available (initially) with the power tonneau. The way the guide explained in the email, simply made it sound like this was the case -- ONLY the LE would come with it. But, after reading what you're saying, this must've been all she meant. I tried to go in and configure with the Adventure pack (and Max) and didn't see an option for the tonneau so I was thinking what she had said was that it just couldn't be optioned. If the Adventure comes with it automatically, i certainly didn't see that in the Adventure edition explanation.

But I believe and agree with what you all are saying and it makes me feel better about just doing the Adventure with Max Pack. As long as it still has everything (aside from Green LOL), it's a better fit for me. I think I'm making it sound like the tonneau is the ultimate option that cannot be lived without. But it somehow made me feel like there were several little options / items that would be omitted. :)

I think I'm back on track now ;-) ....and ready to change my order. haha. But I think I'll do what one of you was suggesting and not change just yet and lose the LE until I'm "sure sure".

Thanks for the patient and informative responses fellas.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
adventure trim level includes the power tonneau.
No no- you're both correct. I WAS insinuating that ANY of the other editions would not be available (initially) with the power tonneau. The way the guide explained in the email, simply made it sound like this was the case -- ONLY the LE would come with it. But, after reading what you're saying, this must've been all she meant. I tried to go in and configure with the Adventure pack (and Max) and didn't see an option for the tonneau so I was thinking what she had said was that it just couldn't be optioned. If the Adventure comes with it automatically, i certainly didn't see that in the Adventure edition explanation.

But I believe and agree with what you all are saying and it makes me feel better about just doing the Adventure with Max Pack. As long as it still has everything (aside from Green LOL), it's a better fit for me. I think I'm making it sound like the tonneau is the ultimate option that cannot be lived without. But it somehow made me feel like there were several little options / items that would be omitted. :)

I think I'm back on track now ;-) ....and ready to change my order. haha. But I think I'll do what one of you was suggesting and not change just yet and lose the LE until I'm "sure sure".

Thanks for the patient and informative responses fellas.
Launch edition includes the following, plus everything in the adventure package. It saves you the added price of the AT wheels(which are forged)
Rivian R1T R1S Investor Business Daily Article (20k deliveries in 2021?) 1633571870975

Rivian R1T R1S Investor Business Daily Article (20k deliveries in 2021?) 1633571728148

Sponsored

atlastracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Honda Pilot
I confirmed with CS today that (Canadian) LE deliveries still start in November, with adventure and explore deliveries commencing in January, including max pack(that’s me)
They are saying the same thing to me. I have my doubts based on the S1 and a date of "by February 2022" for Transport Canada certification. However as someone pointed out, that could just be a very pessimistic date for the filing.

My other hesitation is they keep saying November for Canadian R1T AND R1S... But the S1 filling also said Dec for R1S production.

So I've accepted it wont be until Feb/Mar 2022 for my Dec 2018 R1S preorder. And maybe I'll be surprised with a Christmas present.

Joel

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo
Don't give up the LE until you are 110% sure you don't want it. You can change away from it at any time, but once you do there is no going back.

Once your Guide contacts you, they may be able to give you an idea of time frame between the two options. If not, I will still be keeping my LE configuration up until the time they require me to lock it in with more $$. Only then is it "go or no go" decision time (and I won't have less info at that point).
If it’s anything like tesla was when we purchased. No more money required until we sat in the car.

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
It's how SOME manufacturing works. But it's far from universal. Many plants shut down for at least 1 day per week in order to do the maintenance and tooling changes. Hence why I assumed 6 days in my math earlier.
@Zoidz and other MFG people can chime in....
My two cents - There are many schemes on what works best for a given production process. There's planned downtime vs. unplanned downtime. For planned downtime schemes, some might run 24x7x365 and do maintenance on the fly when a work cell is ahead of the production schedule. Some may run 24 hours, 6 days a week. Some may run two 10 hour shifts 7 days a week.

Fact #1 from the Rivian jobs web page: Job descriptions say "Ability to stand 8-12 hours per day". This implies they might be working 8 hour, 10 hour, or 12 hour shifts.

Fact #2 from the Rivian jobs web page: There are numerous manufacturing job postings for 2nd shift labor, and at least one for 3rd shift labor.

I've been in factories where different departments who are not on the main production line work different schedules. At Rivian, for all we know, the main line could work 2x10 shifts, stamping could work 3x8 shifts.

Overall, it's clear to me that it's fairly futile for an outsider to try to estimate an accurate production rate per day/week/month.

Having done many production line startups, I'm certain they have a ramp up plan to get to full capacity. It's entirely possible for them to achieve 100% capacity by December, especially if they were methodically testing, debugging and addressing problems since July or August. But I think labor/staffing may be a bigger constraint, based on the number of open manufacturing jobs posted, plus the supply chain wildcard.

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
This is from the article last week that interviewed the head of the Rivian plant.

”Eventually, Rivian plans to run two shifts six days per week, with rotations so that people are working 40 hours per week. Currently, the body shop and battery and drive unit areas are running two shifts, although paint and general assembly can meet current demand with one shift.”
Sponsored

Last edited: