Sponsored

Investor Business Daily Article (20k deliveries in 2021?)

OP
OP
jjswan33

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Why would they tell that person Oct when the service center is probably months away from being ready?
Well I was just relaying what was said elsewhere.

" OK thanks for that. They are still telling me to expect delivery this month. We live in the ATL metro area. " @rivianUGA

But my point was to say that if they only achieve R1T LE orders for 2018 res holders from those specific metros that would not be very many deliveries. I am optimistic they can do better than that.
Sponsored

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
might not be the right thread for this comment/question ... but it seems odd that a 2nd & 3rd date for follow-on First Mile Events hasn't happened. Would expect by now that something in Seattle, San Fran or L.A. (or all 3) would be fixed on the calendar by now.
Yes, I was wondering about this also.

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Business Owner
You are assuming they will "shut down the line" and not run 24x7.

My friends and contacts that work on the Jeep line have made it very clear, those lines never shut down, unless there is retooling, a chip shortage, a strike, or the vehicle is being throttled back (and even then they tend to mix the line with a like model).

288 R1T's per day, 86 days... that put's them just shy of 25k vehicles by Dec 31.

I also don't expect all of those to be LE's.. I suspect that they will be movin' and groovin' to get trucks into the hands of those folks they have support centers first. As such, while LE's will be going out the door, so too will non-LE's orders. They will probably "wrap up" LE's (which I assume is somewhere between 1,500 and 5,000 R1Ts) deliveries by Spring of next year based on location and available services (should be interesting to see how they deal with the "dick head states"), but that non-LE's will be well underway as well.

You kinda do... look for the Service Centers... either already in place, or the "opening soon/planned"

Yes, my cousin works in the GM plant that builds the Canyon, Colorado, and vans. He said they have 3 shifts and it never shuts down.

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Business Owner
Well I was just relaying what was said elsewhere.

" OK thanks for that. They are still telling me to expect delivery this month. We live in the ATL metro area. " @rivianUGA

But my point was to say that if they only achieve R1T LE orders for 2018 res holders from those specific metros that would not be very many deliveries. I am optimistic they can do better than that.
Well, there was the car show in Chicago and then L.A, so thousands of people saw Rivian. I'm #3549 and my reservation was Dec 8, 2018. I think that number blew up before we hit the new year.

stynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S LE
Clubs

Well, there was the car show in Chicago and then L.A, so thousands of people saw Rivian. I'm #3549 and my reservation was Dec 8, 2018. I think that number blew up before we hit the new year.
I'm 12/3, 2987.

Sponsored

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
Let’s shoot for 20 non employee deliveries before we talk about 20K…

…how about one?:confused:

stynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S LE
Clubs

Nice. So about 500 more within 5 days. You saw it in Chicago or L.A?
Saw a news article about the LA Auto show the Monday after the show. I pre-ordered on the spot.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

I mentally kick myself when I remember... Vividly... viewing the R1T upclose at the L.A. autoshow. It was adjacent to the Ford showcase and unfortunately that's what I went to the show to view. I wanted to see the new Ranger and accessories. I did walk around the R1T and examined the 'skateboard' platform they had standing vertically. I heard all the oohs and ahhs from everyone clamoring about. DAMN! I should have ordered it there and then. :angry:

OP
OP
jjswan33

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Even if it was 10k preorders in 2018 and all of those orders are still active then you probably gotta figure half are R1S and another fraction were Max Pack orders and yet another fraction just didn't want the LE for whatever reason. It's all speculation I guess but I again I think the IG prediction is conservative.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jjswan33

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I mentally kick myself when I remember... Vividly... viewing the R1T upclose at the L.A. autoshow. It was adjacent to the Ford showcase and unfortunately that's what I went to the show to view. I wanted to see the new Ranger and accessories. I did walk around the R1T and examined the 'skateboard' platform they had standing vertically. I heard all the oohs and ahhs from everyone clamoring about. DAMN! I should have ordered it there and then. :angry:
I hear that.. haha. I originally had a preorder in Fall 2019 but then canceled it in early 2020 when I was in the middle of a renovation and needed the extra cash. Re-reserved in Fall 2020 a couple months before they launched the configurator. Still managed to get a LE (one of the reasons I speculate there are more LE orders than others seem to think)

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Business Owner
Good memories. I took my son to the show just to see everything. Of course we went to the Ford showcase to see the trucks and I really liked the Ranger with the tent, etc. Then we saw the presentation (I think it was the Mustang). Then we walked over and saw the odd new company. I asked them about the range and laughed in disbelief when they said up to 400. Then we started looking at the R1T and loved it. My son got really excited when I said we can put a deposit on it. I think it was that evening or the next morning when I placed it online.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Better still.... I should have asked for a Job at Rivian! :idea:

(does quoting yourself grow hair on your palms?)

TheSasquatch

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Occupation
IT Consulting
My curiosity (and hopefully I'm not completely alone on this) is how many of you out there went for the Max Pack when it came on-line. Curiosity reason part #1 is that I'm still trying to decide if I should switch to the Max vs keep my short range (lol) unit. Reason Part #2 is the obvious one of wondering how far up the chain we've moved with those who've ditched-out on the LE.

Anyone want to give me their thoughts on the pros and cons of going to the Max Pack.. The customer service team responded to me a couple of weeks ago and indicated that Max Packs are shipping in January, there are "a lot" of people who've switched, and that the Max Pack (non-LE) will NOT have the [included] retractable bed tonneau (as it is a launch edition item?)...

I can't wait for all of your thoughts on this. I'm really torn. $10K is a lot for an extra 100~ miles -- even for those with pockets lined with gold flake....

harkco

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE / 2018 Lexus GX
My curiosity (and hopefully I'm not completely alone on this) is how many of you out there went for the Max Pack when it came on-line. Curiosity reason part #1 is that I'm still trying to decide if I should switch to the Max vs keep my short range (lol) unit. Reason Part #2 is the obvious one of wondering how far up the chain we've moved with those who've ditched-out on the LE.

Anyone want to give me their thoughts on the pros and cons of going to the Max Pack.. The customer service team responded to me a couple of weeks ago and indicated that Max Packs are shipping in January, there are "a lot" of people who've switched, and that the Max Pack (non-LE) will NOT have the [included] retractable bed tonneau (as it is a launch edition item?)...

I can't wait for all of your thoughts on this. I'm really torn. $10K is a lot for an extra 100~ miles -- even for those with pockets lined with gold flake....
I'm in the same boat. Originally ordered the Max Pack, but switched to LE when preordering started. May switch back if a guide could give me the difference in delivery dates. I reserved in Feb 2019. If we are talking just a difference of 6 months or less, I would definitely switch. If over a year... that's a much more difficult decision.
Sponsored