Sponsored

Introductions! Drop in and say hello new and old members...

swhme

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This field needs to be bigger, I’m at 10 cars…
Occupation
Nerd
Clubs

Hey All! Long time lurker here, 2019 preorder holder for an R1T in Launch Green on green with 20" ATs and camp kitchen. Looking forward to being able to combine the good parts of four of my cars into one... the electric practicality of my tesla, the overlanding capability of my built up land cruiser, the dump run/furniture hauling of my old Tundra, and the fun driving dynamics of my Cayenne GTS (although I will miss my Cayenne's sweet stick shift...)
Sponsored

Speedrye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Commodore, Supra, FJ Cruiser
Ryan here from NC. I've been watching Rivian for the past few years and finally put a deposit on an R1S this morning. I'm here for the performance and off-road ability moreso than the environmental side of things. I'm hoping to consolidate my Holden Commodore VF2 and FJ Cruiser into one vehicle I'll be happy with, but I'm worried as I'm a die hard manual transmission guy and that's all I've owned for some time. I'm generally not a fan of too much technology either, but I'm trying to adapt, haha.

edit: Oh yeah, also considering a Cadillac CT5 Blackwing instead, so I'm all over the place...

Last edited:

Bbernardo

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
08 Tacoma / 08 H3
Hello all! I have an R1S preorder from way back in Mar 2021. Looking for the Adventure / Offroad / 20" AT wheels combo in my driveway. My daily is a Tacoma DC and fun/camping rig is an H3. I can't wait to hear the customer experiences and reviews as deliveries begin (s00n).

Last edited:

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Greetings Y'all,

I don't have a preorder but am currently considering the R1T. I've got an early F150 Lightning reservation but I can't ignore what Rivian is doing. The price of an R1T is in the same range as an F150 Lightning in the Lariat Premium trim is projected to start at $79,474. Even the basic Lariat is $67474 and the extended range battery is another $7000 to get you to 300miles of range. At that price I might as well get a Rivian Explore with the Max Pack or an Adventure Package with the Large Pack.

I was pretty doubtful of this truck and I'm not yet 100% convinced. But the recent YouTube reviews have REALLY moved that needle closer to 100%. At this point a test drive or ride along would seal the deal. My only other concern service and support. I'd like to get more detailed plans on when and where Rivian service centers will be built. Also, how many mobile service technicians will be in my area.

Anyways, I'm here to do research for now. Orders for the F150 are rumored to be opening on Oct 26th, so I've got to make a decision sometime in the near future.

(edit) and I just discovered that a Denver service center is under construction.

Last edited:

jeepn30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Tesla Model S, 2010 Chrysler Town & Country
Good morning fellow Rivian enthusiasts,

I have been following Rivian for the past couple years. I followed Tesla similarly before the Model S was released. I have had my S for 5 years now (bought certified pre-owned), and has been the best car I have ever owned. I love what electric offers. We have looked at the Model X, but frankly have shied away from it because of the complexity of the falcon wing doors; there's just too much that can go wrong with it. With 4 kids, our party of 6 has few options for electric vehicles. The R1S seems to fit our needs better than anything else. We haven't put a reservation down yet, but are very intersted in the vehicle. I took my 2 boys to the First Mile event yesterday, and we all liked what we saw from the R1T. I hope they do a similar event for the SUV.

Sponsored

Kaprice

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Quest
Occupation
Marketer
For the past year or so, I've been obsessed with the Telluride -- and saving my pennies to afford one.

Then along comes Rivian and now it's all I can think about. It looks so amazing. And that big First Drive excursion with all the reviewers was just so motivating.

The long delivery time doesn't bother me all that much since I won't likely be able to actually afford one for a while, anyway.

In the meantime, I'll be hanging out here and living my dream, vicariously, through all of you! :)

masmole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 A6 Allroad, ‘20 SQ7, ‘19 M5 Comp, ‘11 GT3
Hi all! Just placed a deposit for an R1T, which will be my first EV after many years of buying nothing but gas-guzzling overpowered and overpriced performance vehicles. It's time.

The only thing I'm on the fence about is whether I should change to an R1S instead of R1T. It's not about specific needs but rather the esthetic of truck vs suv that I'm torn about. Either variant will suit me fine. At least I will have plenty of time to teeter back and forth between configs before my turn comes, and Rivian's website makes that part real easy for those who suck at making decisions and sticking with it haha

• Haha
Reactions: Jay

Transfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X3M
I’ve known about and been interested In Rivian for at least 3 years but wasn’t sure how the product would play out. Now that we have production ready and reviews that are very very good, I placed my pre order deposit earlier this month. I currently drive an X3M competition and while it is crazy fast, it is pretty stiff and not relaxing at all, so I end up driving it stupid fast everywhere. Haha

An R1S is a great option for me because I don’t want to give up the horsepower but would like a more comfortable ride and something I can off-road occasionally. I also could use more space for weekend road trips.

Initially I configured a Forest Green but I’m liking the lighter colors on the R1S so now pretty well set on freebie LA Silver. Black interior is a no brainer for me (mud and dogs!) and I really like the green highlights as contrast in the black seats. I’m really anticipating seeing photos of a 5 seat model to see what the extra cargo might look like. I really don’t need a third row but do need the cargo space.

Going from high performance SUV and other sports cars to an uber fast real SUV/truck with all terrain tires makes me wonder how good the on road handling will be, but if the drive is more relaxed, I can slow down on my work day commute. ?

Looking forward to Rivian getting one of these in my garage I hope some time in 2022!

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Greetings from the Florida Panhandle

We are retired US Government Employees. We live in Central Time rural Florida not near any of the big cities. We are over 400 miles from Orlando.

We pre-ordered an R1T on November 29, 2018. We have received an expected delivery date in the first half of 2023.

SuEllyn and Brian

Sponsored

Bilbo

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Contractor
Hello from North Carolina. Preordered R1T about 6 months ago. Changed my order last month so I would not be kicked down a notch. Joined the forum to see how the select few are enjoying their Rivians and hoping to get information that helps me figure out if I see mine this year or not.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Hello from North Carolina. Preordered R1T about 6 months ago. Changed my order last month so I would not be kicked down a notch. Joined the forum to see how the select few are enjoying their Rivians and hoping to get information that helps me figure out if I see mine this year or not.
Bilbo,

Welcome aboard! What flavor R1T did you order? Color/ Interior/ Wheels/ Battery info would be good to know. If you're new to viewing this forum, you'll find all kinds of ownership experiences from @Iwantatesla in a ton great entries he's been sharing with us since taking ownership. He's been really responsive to any and all questions thrown his way.

Regarding when you might see your R1T, that's the $64,000 (after Federal tax treatment) question. Knowing what you're ordering and where in N.C. you live will help a little, but we're all playing the "When will I get mine?" game right now. This forum is a great place to bide (or waste) your time as you wait.

They say "Misery loves company" and there's plenty of companionship here!

Again, welcome aboard and enjoy!

Bilbo

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Contractor
Bilbo,

Welcome aboard! What flavor R1T did you order? Color/ Interior/ Wheels/ Battery info would be good to know. If you're new to viewing this forum, you'll find all kinds of ownership experiences from @Iwantatesla in a ton great entries he's been sharing with us since taking ownership. He's been really responsive to any and all questions thrown his way.

Regarding when you might see your R1T, that's the $64,000 (after Federal tax treatment) question. Knowing what you're ordering and where in N.C. you live will help a little, but we're all playing the "When will I get mine?" game right now. This forum is a great place to bide (or waste) your time as you wait.

They say "Misery loves company" and there's plenty of companionship here!

Again, welcome aboard and enjoy!
I am in the western piedmont of NC. 100 miles West of Raleigh and 60 miles north of Charlotte in rural Yadkin County.

Originally I ordered the explore package with the max pack battery which I changed to adventure and large pack so I did NOT lose my place in line.

Mine (hopefully) if it doesn't take more than a year will be a LA Silver, Adventure Package with large battery pack, 20" all terrain tires, off road package, Black Mountain interior &, Cargo Cross bars

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

I am in the western piedmont of NC. 100 miles West of Raleigh and 60 miles north of Charlotte in rural Yadkin County.

Originally I ordered the explore package with the max pack battery which I changed to adventure and large pack so I did NOT lose my place in line.

Mine (hopefully) if it doesn't take more than a year will be a LA Silver, Adventure Package with large battery pack, 20" all terrain tires, off road package, Black Mountain interior &, Cargo Cross bars
Nice setup! I just caught a show called Mansion Global last night that featured the Raleigh area. Looks like a nice place to call home.

Longhorngirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Actuary
Welcome to the forum Bilbo.

Below is a link you may find helpful in estimating when you will receive your R1T. Forum member @Craigins created this. Thanks Craigins! If you ordered six months ago, your estimated delivery date is most likely the second half of 2023.

https://rivian.craiginsdev.com/
Sponsored