Sponsored

Introductions! Drop in and say hello new and old members...

davrow_R1T

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Toyota Siennas
Anyone on here find themselves wondering who these members are ? Like age, professions, societal contributions? I find myself wondering who I am actually responding to or reading a post of. Is that just me? No offense to anyone in here but I do believe it’s an older crowd. Am I wrong?
I don't really wonder. What they say is more important to me than where they are coming from.

I'm retired, 65+
Sponsored

Jehorton

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
I don't really wonder. What they say is more important to me than where they are coming from.

I'm retired, 65+
It wasn’t more where they are coming from but just curious their demographics. Just seeing they people that are interested in this truck. 65+? Lol

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla XLR+2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, R1T
Occupation
EE Retired
Anyone on here find themselves wondering who these members are ? Like age, professions, societal contributions? I find myself wondering who I am actually responding to or reading a post of. Is that just me? No offense to anyone in here but I do believe it’s an older crowd. Am I wrong?
Who do you think (other than firefighters waiting for the bell to ring) has the time to waste on these forums?

Jehorton

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
Who do you think (other than firefighters waiting for the bell to ring) has the time to waste on these forums?
Seems like many have the time to waste here

Sponsored

Pedritho

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Toyota Prius 2000 Toyota 4Runner
Hey everyone,

Like many, I have been lurking in the shadows and enjoying all the posts, and recently registered as a member and just wanted to say "hello". One thing that I wanted Toyota to do was get their larger trucks and SUV's electrified so I could have as an option for my next vehicle; but it didn't happen, (not counting it out though), but I am absolutely IN LOVE with the R1T and can't wait to see it available. I am loving everything we do know so far about it, and can't wait to find out the stuff we don't know yet: Apple Car Play, surround view (Sentry Mode), what the Alexa integration looks like...

AltaTruck

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda RX8, R1T, Alta EXR (road) , Alta EXR (woods)
Occupation
Retired Science teacher
Hi,

I have been a "lurker" now for a couple months. Last night I bit the bullet and sent in my deposit, so I guess it is official - I am a member now. I am a retired science teacher and currently drive a Subaru Baja. The R1T that I want to replace it will be bigger, but I will get used to it. Three years ago I bought my first electric motorcycle - an Alta MX. Since that time it has become addicting riding an EV and I now have two more street-legal EXRs that I haul in the bed of the Baja. That leads to a question. Any possibility of getting a 220v outlet in the bed so I can fast charge my bike from the R1T? The only real down side is range anxiety.

I will also be very interested in riding out to the factory and taking delivery (returning with the bike in the bed). Will there be any weight limitations on the tailgate? If so, hopefully a factory trailer hitch can be provided to install a rear motorcycle wheel stirrup. Looking forward to the vehicle. If anything like the difference going from an ICE bike, it will be fantastic. The really unusual thing, if you have never had it, is to be able to "hear" the traction from your tires

Coconutorra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model s
Hi guys! Hope that we can drive our rivians as soon as possible.

I'm a tesla fan, but the off road capability plus a very pleasant design of r1s just got me.

monzarottie

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, MB Sprinter 4x4, R2 Reservation
Occupation
Retired
Hi gang. I'm Roger living in Bend, Oregon (by way of Fort Wayne, IN, Phoenix, AZ, and Portland, OR). My wife and I enjoy the Central Oregon lifestyle which matches well with Rivian's adventure vehicles. We pre-ordered our R1S in September of 2019 and are looking forward to taking delivery in late 2021. We have a 2018 Tesla Model 3 and a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee (which will be replaced by the R1S). We also have a 5 month old Rottweiler puppy that we named Rivian!
Rivian R1T R1S Introductions! Drop in and say hello new and old members... D573C40A-855D-4926-9BA0-714F2A5080B0_1_201_a
Rivian R1T R1S Introductions! Drop in and say hello new and old members... 31EC7D93-F7B5-4951-A99E-AA82AC96B8EE
Rivian R1T R1S Introductions! Drop in and say hello new and old members... 79FE025A-D816-496D-9F26-8C9EEA8CCF27_1_201_a

Bobthebuilder352

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kubota
Occupation
Farmer
Hi. I’m new. Florida. I want a truck for doing modest truck things on the farm and highway travel for work projects. I plan on doing zero off roading (motorcycles are more fun and easier to fix). I love the utility of the Bollinger but it seems that won’t happen soon/if ever. If I can’t take delivery of this within a year then I will probably go back to a Ridgeline. I really want electric as one of my other projects is an off grid barn...

Sponsored

kosmo04

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco First Edition
Occupation
Marketing/Ecommerce
Hi everyone, I'm Matt from the Great Lakes State of Michigan, and living here has grown my love of the outdoors and adventure lifestyle. I've never been a Tesla fan, even though it's hard to not have been engulfed in the tech aspect of it but they lacked that versatility for my lifestyle. Currently have a LE R1S reserved, which will be my first EV, which will be replacing probably a couple of vehicles that I own. Part of that adventure side of me still has a hard time letting go of the gas engine aspect with being off the grid for days, and I actually have a First Edition Ford Bronco on order as well, but with the slight difference in cost, especially after any EV tax credit, it's hard not to choose the Rivian over the Bronco.

I've already enjoyed the wealth of knowledge here and looking forward to much more to come!

Middlefork

First Name
Al & Kay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
Retired
Hey everyone,

Like many, I have been lurking in the shadows and enjoying all the posts, and recently registered as a member and just wanted to say "hello". One thing that I wanted Toyota to do was get their larger trucks and SUV's electrified so I could have as an option for my next vehicle; but it didn't happen, (not counting it out though), but I am absolutely IN LOVE with the R1T and can't wait to see it available. I am loving everything we do know so far about it, and can't wait to find out the stuff we don't know yet: Apple Car Play, surround view (Sentry Mode), what the Alexa integration looks like...
Emily: We will not have Apple Carplay available in our vehicles. We believe that to create a truly incredible digital experience, an integrated platform that is optimized for our vehicles is the better path.

Middlefork

First Name
Al & Kay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
Retired
Hi,

I have been a "lurker" now for a couple months. Last night I bit the bullet and sent in my deposit, so I guess it is official - I am a member now. I am a retired science teacher and currently drive a Subaru Baja. The R1T that I want to replace it will be bigger, but I will get used to it. Three years ago I bought my first electric motorcycle - an Alta MX. Since that time it has become addicting riding an EV and I now have two more street-legal EXRs that I haul in the bed of the Baja. That leads to a question. Any possibility of getting a 220v outlet in the bed so I can fast charge my bike from the R1T? The only real down side is range anxiety.

I will also be very interested in riding out to the factory and taking delivery (returning with the bike in the bed). Will there be any weight limitations on the tailgate? If so, hopefully a factory trailer hitch can be provided to install a rear motorcycle wheel stirrup. Looking forward to the vehicle. If anything like the difference going from an ICE bike, it will be fantastic. The really unusual thing, if you have never had it, is to be able to "hear" the traction from your tires
Emily: We look forward to announcing details on delivery options as we near the start of production. Picking up the vehicle may be an option, but we cannot say for certain at this time. So stay tuned for those updates!

jimbo_hippo

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Nissan LEAF, Monaco Cayman 34SBD
Occupation
Film-maker
Hi all, Steve from the UK here. Guess I’ve got a long wait until I can even put a deposit down, but eagerly watching this forum nonetheless. Have a BMW 3 series hybrid (330e) currently, and wanting to go full electric.

Was first attracted to the truck after ignoring it for a while with its odd face, but was won over by the story, the company and the CEO. We have a dog now though so the SUV may be more suited. Our other car is an X3, and now with the dog taking up half of the ‘trunk’ we need a bigger vehicle, but we’d replace my 3 series as the wife wouldn’t drive such a large SUV. Considering a used Model X as a temporary solution until the R1S hits our shores.

Let’s see how things turn out!
my intro would be pretty much the same as Steve’s so decided to just reply to his post and add some weight to the eager Brits on here!

current Tesla Model 3 owner, Cybertruck pre-order holder and Rivian lustee. Whilst our current questionable standing on the map of Europe for getting our hands on a loaf of bread, let alone anything from Rivian is rather slim, plus our Right Hand Drive status making us even further back. However, I’m still keen for any roadmap news for the UK.

Rivian really is the only manufacturer who’s managed to turn my head with both vehicles ano company ethic since diving into Tesla, so I’m here for any glimmer of hope we‘ll get either variant before I’m too old to drive!

nice to meet you all.

HackyMoto

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 (Gray), Toyota Highlander (Gray)
Occupation
Engineer
Good morning all.

Yo soy Steven located in Sugar Land, TX.

I first saw Rivian on the Long Way Up on Apple TV and was intrigued. Currently drive an Audi and a Jeep but the Audi is being traded for a Tesla Model 3 (just waiting on delivery). Paid the $100 Cybertruck deposit about a year and a bit back however I am beginning to err towards the R1T.

I'll lurk a bit more and do some more research on the Rivian before making a call.

The profile pic? That is south of Puerto Vallarta in Mexico - somewhere we will eventually move to when it's time to get out of this rat race. So of course, I'm also taking an interest in EV support in Mexico / Costa Rica

Edit: I couldn't help it. It's just the way I am - my wife will kill me but .. Instead of waiting, I put down the deposit for an Adventure Package in "El Gap Granite" , "Ocean Coast" and 22" sport black. I keep telling her it will be next year. It will be my 50th birthday present to me. She's still gonna kill me
Sponsored

Last edited: