Introductions! Drop in and say hello new and old members...

Sully151

First Name
Chris
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicles
2008 Jeep JkU
Occupation
Theater arts
Hi,
I am Sully. I just ordered last week even though I wanted to order at launch. It has taken me this long to convince my wife:)

I currently drive a 2008 Jeep Wrangler JKU with a 4” lift, 37’s and a lot of added steel in the bumpers, rock rails, etc.

We camp quite a bit, ride bikes, and take a lot of trips with the kids and the dog, so we are looking at the R1S. Either the 135 or the 180 kWH.

skyote

Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps & 2500HD Duramax
Hi,
I am Sully. I just ordered last week even though I wanted to order at launch. It has taken me this long to convince my wife:)

I currently drive a 2008 Jeep Wrangler JKU with a 4” lift, 37’s and a lot of added steel in the bumpers, rock rails, etc.

We camp quite a bit, ride bikes, and take a lot of trips with the kids and the dog, so we are looking at the R1S. Either the 135 or the 180 kWH.
Rock on, welcome. Fellow Jeeping (built on 37s), camping, biking, kidding (3), & dogging guy here. ;-)

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Reaction score
First Name
Manuel
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
Hi,

Same here, I finally convinced her. Ended up getting the R1S since the doggies will fit better in the back and carry the Kayak on the roof. No kids, so ill prob stick with the 5 seater.

LoneStar

Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Toy 4Runner
Occupation
Engineer
Drive a '19 Toy 4Runner TRD-offroad. Love its abilities off-road but old, laggy engine (bulletproof but under-powered). Styling is "manly" but growing stale. Virtually zero tech - no sensor tech, like a 5" screen with ancient interface, etc. Gets maybe 15 mpg in regular driving. Rock-solid just no jazz.

Have a deposit on new Ford Bronco.. managed to get it evening of reveal when ford's website was crashing and pissing everyone off. Still, realistically don't anticipate actually ready to possess until late spring or summer 2021. That puts it around time when Rivian's selling off the line finally. Conflicted between the retro-modern look and capabilities of the Bronco versus ALL THE APPEAL of Rivian EV and vehicle tech. Apples and oranges, I really love both but cannot afford a fruit basket.

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Reaction score
First Name
Manuel
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
Drive a '19 Toy 4Runner TRD-offroad. Love its abilities off-road but old, laggy engine (bulletproof but under-powered). Styling is "manly" but growing stale. Virtually zero tech - no sensor tech, like a 5" screen with ancient interface, etc. Gets maybe 15 mpg in regular driving. Rock-solid just no jazz.

Have a deposit on new Ford Bronco.. managed to get it evening of reveal when ford's website was crashing and pissing everyone off. Still, realistically don't anticipate actually ready to possess until late spring or summer 2021. That puts it around time when Rivian's selling off the line finally. Conflicted between the retro-modern look and capabilities of the Bronco versus ALL THE APPEAL of Rivian EV and vehicle tech. Apples and oranges, I really love both but cannot afford a fruit basket.
Love the new Bronco look. I would be in the same boat if the manual was available with the larger engine