Introducing the R1 Shop... Email Communication

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
I'm giving them a little bit of an accuracy credit for the shortened time between promise made and promise expected (5 days). For example if they emailed us a month ago and said "expect updated delivery windows by June 10" I would bake in the same amount of buffer as you have.

Sad that we all now have our internal formulae for how to manage Rivian communications expectations.

Edit: which also means that even if we get our updated delivery window emails on time, that's obviously not a guarantee by any means of Rivian hitting that window on time. I'm just learning to live with the delays. I'm excited af about the R1S but my current ride is adequate.
I'm still back in Quarter 1 waiting for my updated delivery date...

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
I'm giving them a little bit of an accuracy credit for the shortened time between promise made and promise expected (5 days). For example if they emailed us a month ago and said "expect updated delivery windows by June 10" I would bake in the same amount of buffer as you have.

Sad that we all now have our internal formulae for how to manage Rivian communications expectations.

Edit: which also means that even if we get our updated delivery window emails on time, that's obviously not a guarantee by any means of Rivian hitting that window on time. I'm just learning to live with the delays. I'm excited af about the R1S but my current ride is adequate.
I'm also content with my current setup which makes the process much easier. I feel for those who are dragging something past its useful life while waiting for an R1T

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 03 IS300 5spd track/autox
Kyle will finish his road trip back home before the email update goes out.

Edit: And he will also post his youtube video about the road trip, and that video will have half a million views before the email update goes out.
And, my guess, contain no new info ;)

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations

Sponsored

thunderdeep

First Name
Deep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model3, Toyota Landcruiser, Porsche 911
We can hope the R1S "shop" might launch with invites going out once they produce a few of them ... maybe by the fall. If they need to deliver 25K units by year end and have to date made around 3-4K, there are at least 20K units to be made and delivered by year end. If 10% are made as R1S maybe the first 1500-2000 R1S might get delivered in 2022. Maybe I'm just optimistic I'll get a new toy this year...

Blackbird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Mitsubishi Delica L300
Occupation
Small business owner
For what it's worth, and I'm sorry if these things have been addressed already, but I talked to CS about issues I'm having with not receiving tony's emails, and the rep also told me two things:

1- the updated delivery emails are "already going out" (has anyone gotten these yet?)

2- The "shop" is being offered only to the earliest preorder holders at this point, but will be "rolling out gradually" to all preorder holders in the future.

mpw81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Q5 PHEV
1- the updated delivery emails are "already going out" (has anyone gotten these yet?)

GO upthread to post 227, there are a couple people who have received access.

Blackbird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Mitsubishi Delica L300
Occupation
Small business owner
GO upthread to post 227, there are a couple people who have received access.
Sorry, I mean to say The CS rep said the updated delivery window emails to "everyone" were already going out, not the invitation to the shop. I was wondering if anyone's gotten the window update email.

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
Sorry, I mean to say The CS rep said the updated delivery window emails to "everyone" were already going out, not the invitation to the shop. I was wondering if anyone's gotten the window update email.
This board will know within seconds once the emails are sent. If there's no new thread about it, it didn't happen yet.

I think CS may be using the present tense to describe a future event (the emails "are going out this week" or the equivalent) or else they're just misinformed/drawing an optimistic conclusion from vague information.

Sponsored

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

This board will know within seconds once the emails are sent. If there's no new thread about it, it didn't happen yet.

I think CS may be using the present tense to describe a future event (the emails "are going out this week" or the equivalent) or else they're just misinformed/drawing an optimistic conclusion from vague information.
I'm setting the o/u on new threads when the email starts going out at 4.5

noev4me

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla P85 , R1T, R1S
I have a reservation for LE R1S (FG/OC) since December 2018 and an Adventure R1T (EC/BM) since November 2021. I had a delivery window of May/June for the R1S and Oct/December 2022. I have not been assigned a guide. EVERY time I call the CEC (Customer Engagement Center) I receive incorrect information. After numerous calls, they did a least arrange a First Mile Drive for us this week at the Costa Mesa, CA service center. It was helpful to see the exterior and interior options in person, minus the Ocean Coast. We like the product and enjoyed the ride.

I just switched my interior on my R1S to BM to see if that speeds things up on delivery. At this point, I fully expect to receive the R1T before by R1S.

dsmithsalinas

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T & 2023 Polestar 2
Occupation
Product Manager
Seems maybe Tony is feeling nostalgic and wants to get back to those Friday emails we all came to love for the 2-3 weeks they were a thing. 😂

Matt D.

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Odyssey
OMG that's funny...obviously we need the obligatory glimpse to her future...

1654803147044.png
I’m glad someone carried my joke to its logical conclusion 😆

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Just checking into this thread again. I take it no one has gotten an updated delivery date yet?
Sponsored