Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, R2 res, Tesla S, 3, X, Y, Cybertruck
Occupation
Upgrading Electric Vehicles
Clubs

Any update on the stabilizer base? Would love to replace the scissor jack but retain same storage location.
s00n! team has been 100% focused on sliders first...
Sponsored

Leonbmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2020 Tesla MY
Occupation
Boeing Design Engineer
Clubs

People who have these, how do you use it on the rear? Even with an ARB base like this, which adds 1.4" the rear wheel is barely off the ground?

I had planned to go to 35's, but I guess I'd need to rethink my off road jack solution in that case.

I do have the spare tire, so I wonder if the OEM scissor jack will lift it that high in the rear.

I also have the CAT Off Road Jack, but that thing is a beast, so this bottle jack was a lot more appealing, from a space saving perspective.

Rivian R1T R1S Introducing the first Rivian specific bottle jack! Team 1EV 6 Ton Bottle Jack Kit for R1T / R1S 2023-07-09 15_41_10-ARB Jack Base _ 10100111_Northridge4x4

twizzstyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2018 Model 3, 2017 Model X
Second what Leonbmx said. I got my 1EV jack today, using the same ARB base with the screw top fully extended and the jack all the way up my rear tire (on a flat driveway) is about 1/4" off the ground. Without the ARB base it wouldn't even be close.

In all of the photos on the website (which are only on the front wheel I'll add), the jacks seem to have two telescoping sections and more travel. The jack I received has one section. With the screw top fully extended and the jack all the way up, it's about 15.5" tall.

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

Second what Leonbmx said. I got my 1EV jack today, using the same ARB base with the screw top fully extended and the jack all the way up my rear tire (on a flat driveway) is about 1/4" off the ground. Without the ARB base it wouldn't even be close.

In all of the photos on the website (which are only on the front wheel I'll add), the jacks seem to have two telescoping sections and more travel. The jack I received has one section. With the screw top fully extended and the jack all the way up, it's about 15.5" tall.
Guys, lower the truck - use standard height. The jack with puck installed reaches 21", which is plenty. If you have the truck in offroad mode, chances are it will be too tall...just lower it. The air suspension vehicle heights vary significantly; we've seen inches of difference between cycling settings. We can't make the jack / puck any taller, or it wont fit under the truck when you have a flat. It's as tall as possible now, and still fuctional when you have a flat (and put it in offroad mode). Note the original photo shows a 3 ton jack, we opted to spec a 6 ton jack instead, which doesnt have or need 2 stages...you got a better jack.

Rivian R1T R1S Introducing the first Rivian specific bottle jack! Team 1EV 6 Ton Bottle Jack Kit for R1T / R1S Screenshot 2023-07-11 at 3.38.43 PM

twizzstyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2018 Model 3, 2017 Model X
From your product listing:
  • Works with Rivian in full height suspension setting (offroad / jack mode)
  • Works in front or rear Rivian jack positions
If I'm out on a trail in a tough spot, I don't want to have to lower the truck the make the jack usable.

I'm a bit lost when you reference a flat - if it goes tall enough in offroad mode with a flat, how would you get a full size spare on without jacking it up more? Sadly I think I'll need to return mine, I didn't get what was described :(

Sponsored

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

From your product listing:
  • Works with Rivian in full height suspension setting (offroad / jack mode)
  • Works in front or rear Rivian jack positions
If I'm out on a trail in a tough spot, I don't want to have to lower the truck the make the jack usable.

I'm a bit lost when you reference a flat - if it goes tall enough in offroad mode with a flat, how would you get a full size spare on without jacking it up more? Sadly I think I'll need to return mine, I didn't get what was described :(
The Rivian can over extend in offroad mode (ie move above spec) due to the angle of the sensors and length of sensor tie bars; in this case, lower it to solve the issue - one setting down should do it. Chances are if you lower it and raise it back again, it won't go as high. The air suspension is finicky for sure.

If you have to pull a wheel off for some reason on a trail in a tough spot, but find yourself unwilling to toggle the height of the truck air suspension on the screen by 1 position, would you really not toggle it? Probably never really the case? Reality, in off road duress you're likely to find flat and stable ground before you do anything. I would recommend this before attempting any jacking. The ARB plate or any similar base stabilizer is never a bad idea.

Yes, with 21" of vertical jack lift you can get the tire off / on, always.

But if you're unsatisfied regardless, sure no problem, we understand - send it back and we'll refund you!

Leonbmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Boeing Design Engineer
Clubs

So I had a chance to use the bottle Jack in the wild today on a flat rear tire.

We had the truck in, the Rivian recommended, off road high and with the way the truck was angled, there was no way to get the included tall extension on the Jack, so we had to use one of my megawatt pucks, which work with bottle jacks.

An ARB, or equivalent, base is also a requirement to use this jack off road, as otherwise the footprint of the jack is too small.

With the bottle Jack maxed out, we managed to get the, completely flat, tire off, but had to deflate the spare to 8 psi and use the Rivian scissor jack under the knuckle, to compress the suspension enough to line the hub up with the wheel.

So, long story short, the jack works, but requires some creative thinking to make it work in non-ideal situations.

Rivian R1T R1S Introducing the first Rivian specific bottle jack! Team 1EV 6 Ton Bottle Jack Kit for R1T / R1S IMG_6307

Rivian R1T R1S Introducing the first Rivian specific bottle jack! Team 1EV 6 Ton Bottle Jack Kit for R1T / R1S IMG_2040

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
@Leonbmx ... once you finally got your R1T off the ground to the required height needed to swap out wheels- did it try to move downhill or was the e-brake on the opposite side rear tire enough to hold the truck in place?

Thanks for the heads-up regarding the ARB baseplate.. just ordered one.

Leonbmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Boeing Design Engineer
Clubs

@Leonbmx ... once you finally got your R1T off the ground to the required height needed to swap out wheels- did it try to move downhill or was the e-brake on the opposite side rear tire enough to hold the truck in place?

Thanks for the heads-up regarding the ARB baseplate.. just ordered one.
We had the wheels chocked, so no movement.

usulio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

We had the wheels chocked, so no movement.
Thanks for sharing this experience. I wonder if hooking up the air compressor to the flat tire would have given enough temporary lift to get the bottle jack with extension under there.

Rivians seem tough for bottle jacks generally from what I've read. I am hoping rock sliders will make it a lot easier.

Sponsored

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

So I had a chance to use the bottle Jack in the wild today on a flat rear tire.

We had the truck in, the Rivian recommended, off road high and with the way the truck was angled, there was no way to get the included tall extension on the Jack, so we had to use one of my megawatt pucks, which work with bottle jacks.

An ARB, or equivalent, base is also a requirement to use this jack off road, as otherwise the footprint of the jack is too small.

With the bottle Jack maxed out, we managed to get the, completely flat, tire off, but had to deflate the spare to 8 psi and use the Rivian scissor jack under the knuckle, to compress the suspension enough to line the hub up with the wheel.

So, long story short, the jack works, but requires some creative thinking to make it work in non-ideal situations.

IMG_6307.jpeg

IMG_2040.jpeg

Guys, there is a much, much easier (and free) solution here....just put the vehicle in a lower mode. The bottle jack provides a full 21" of lift (1" more than the factor Rivian scissor jack). Plenty of lift.

There is zero technical reason or benefit to putting the truck in the "highest' mode possible before jacking it up. This is only recommended by some vehicle OEMs with air suspension because air suspension is electronically controlled and "IF" you pulled a wheel off the truck in the lowest most, then put the wheel under the axle, and then went in your truck and toggled the highest mode while the truck is on the jack, you could "possibly" cause the vehicle to extend the wheel hub down and impact the wheel you took off and have the truck destablized on the jack - crazy stupid stuff, yes...but technically possible and OEM's want to protect against stupidity.

We simply recommend putting the truck in High Mode, the bottle jack works perfect... not other components are needed.

That said, if you're going to use the bottle jack on unstable ground (ie soft direct), sure put a stabilizer under it....or move to stable ground.

Leonbmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Boeing Design Engineer
Clubs

Guys, there is a much, much easier (and free) solution here....just put the vehicle in a lower mode. The bottle jack provides a full 21" of lift (1" more than the factor Rivian scissor jack). Plenty of lift.

There is zero technical reason or benefit to putting the truck in the "highest' mode possible before jacking it up. This is only recommended by some vehicle OEMs with air suspension because air suspension is electronically controlled and "IF" you pulled a wheel off the truck in the lowest most, then put the wheel under the axle, and then went in your truck and toggled the highest mode while the truck is on the jack, you could "possibly" cause the vehicle to extend the wheel hub down and impact the wheel you took off and have the truck destablized on the jack - crazy stupid stuff, yes...but technically possible and OEM's want to protect against stupidity.

We simply recommend putting the truck in High Mode, the bottle jack works perfect... not other components are needed.

That said, if you're going to use the bottle jack on unstable ground (ie soft direct), sure put a stabilizer under it....or move to stable ground.
So, aside from mansplaining to me how to change a tire in the boonies, essentially you are telling us that the OEM is only outlining a procedure to cover their asses and there is no technical reason for us to follow said procedure.

Admittedly, I have not tried this, so you may be 100% correct, but I have a hard time believing the suspension won’t “droop” when raised from a lower suspension setting, and even if you are correct that it won't droop, what is holding all that weight (wheel, knuckle, etc) in place? "Electronics"?

Seems like we would be putting strain on something that could be avoided by simply following OEM's process.

I am also curious what the warranty implications would be, if something did get damaged and they find out you did not follow procedure.

So, now to your product. Like I said, it did what we needed it to do, BUT, in our particular case, we drove up a steep rocky road, this area was the flattest around and with the way the truck was sitting, the adapter that came with the jack was too tall.
Therefor your recommendation to "just put it in a lower mode" would have been even more useless in this scenario. (I agree with you that that could be valid advice for a flat driveway).

This doesn't mean your product is not a good one, it simply outlines some weaknesses in certain scenarios, and all I was trying to do is highlight those flaws, so people can take that into account when including this particular jack in their outdoor recovery kit.

ohseedee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
@EV Sportline What people are reacting to (myself included) is this jack was marketed as "Rivian specific" with no disclaimers that the Rivian specific process of changing a tire is not compatible with this jack. You are probably completely correct that this jack works totally fine with the process you outlined, but my assumption is most people who bought the jack would be surprised that this modification is required for a “rivian specific” jack.

Also, your comments above I found a bit patronizing. I also found your comments in this thread today claiming someone must have stollen the aero caps as patronizing. I’ve ordered 3 of your products and i like them (I even like the jack even with this custom process), but I’d consider tweaking the engagement model a bit on this forum in an effort to not turn off potential customers.

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

Gang / ohseedee - most importantly, we stand behind all products, always - always striving to make customers happy, every time, no exceptions.

Any time I have seen a customer struggle, I have offered to help, support, replace parts - whatever it takes. Never once have I said 'too bad, that's on you'. Sometimes we'll get bashed or challenged, maybe we messed up - or - maybe that is just heat of the moment frustration from customers, I get that. Respectfully, I feel we should be able to address and respond as needed. And most times, OP reply with "thanks" or "oh, I didnt understand" or "great, I'll connect with you to discuss". And in the cases of mis-information, it deserves to be corrected - we try our best to correct, without offending or embarrassing OPs. The lost aero cover, not sure what happened but we offered a free replacement regardless.

Re the jack - FYI it is 100% Rivian specific. We designed it from scratch for the R1T / R1S. FYI, in the case of the bottle jack, the jack & puck overall length are limited by how low the vehicle jack point sits relative to the ground, when in the worst case scenario (ie a flat tire). If we make the puck any longer, it risks not fitting under the truck when a tire is flat. Fact is, many are using the bottle jack to rotate tires or take wheels off that are not flat - which is perfectly fine! Our instructions have been updated and more carefully explain how to use the bottle jack, in both scenarios - flat tire or inflated tire:

https://evsportline.com/blogs/news/how-to-use-a-team-1ev-bottle-jack

In the case of a flat, the air suspension gets set to 'highest' mode. For customers using the jack to remove an inflated tire, the air suspension gets set to 'high' mode. The vehicle can still be set to 'tire change' mode, which prevents the air suspension ride height from changing. I think this is where some confusion has been - ride height and tire change mode are two different things. Our instructions are more clear now. The instructions also do disclaim that in 'highest' mode, the jack may not lift a fully inflated tire off the ground. That said, plenty of acceptable alternative ways to use the jack and that's fine too. And as always, we offer a money back guarantee if someone still isn't satisfied.

Thanks again everyone!
Sponsored