Sponsored

SACDFJC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FJ40
Why did you decide to run allen head bolts in the lock rings vs something like a recessed F911 or grade 8 bolt?

One my offroad buggy I run Trail Ready beadlocks. My bolt heads get trashed from dragging them across the rocks. To the point where getting a socket on them is challenging. I can see the allen head bolts being even more challenging to remove if the bolt heads gets damaged and you cannot get the allen socket into the bolt head. Not to mention the allen heads will fill up trail debris. First time you slide your wheel along a downed tree or go through some mud those heads will fill up with junk.

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, R2 res, Tesla S, 3, X, Y, Cybertruck
Occupation
Upgrading Electric Vehicles
Clubs

Why did you decide to run allen head bolts in the lock rings vs something like a recessed F911 or grade 8 bolt?

One my offroad buggy I run Trail Ready beadlocks. My bolt heads get trashed from dragging them across the rocks. To the point where getting a socket on them is challenging. I can see the allen head bolts being even more challenging to remove if the bolt heads gets damaged and you cannot get the allen socket into the bolt head. Not to mention the allen heads will fill up trail debris. First time you slide your wheel along a downed tree or go through some mud those heads will fill up with junk.
These are recessed in the ring to prevent damage - how recessed are the trail ready bolts; they look a little more exposed? When the fastener is recessed, either hex head or allen heads, there is going to be digging mud and muck out to get a socket or hex key on the fastener - easy work for the pressure washer. We have replacement rings too. We can easily make one for hex head bolts, people can choose their preference.

SACDFJC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FJ40
They are recessed but not completely, so they do take a beating. Good to know that you can build them with 6 point bolt heads.

Rivian R1T R1S Introducing the first REAL Beadlock Wheel for Rivian!  R800 RMaxx Forged Wheels by Team 1EV 1671807946833

Rexbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Have there been any deliveries of these yet? I'm holding off on ordering until the product becomes real.

Sponsored

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

Hit me up next week, I am expecting to have them! Will post pics...my truck is waiting too!

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

Have there been any deliveries of these yet? I'm holding off on ordering until the product becomes real.
real parts, fresh out of oven:
Rivian R1T R1S Introducing the first REAL Beadlock Wheel for Rivian!  R800 RMaxx Forged Wheels by Team 1EV 4DE54725-B839-4FB1-BF68-06B884CA2390

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Get a chance to mount them yet?

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Leonbmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2020 Tesla MY
Occupation
Boeing Design Engineer
Clubs

These look amazing!

So, I am new to beadlocks, but if I took these rims to, say, discount tire, would they:

a) know what to do with them
b) charge me a lot more for tire installs?

Or is this more of a specialized type of thing that I'd need to go to a tire shop that specializes in off road wheels and tires?

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

These look amazing!

So, I am new to beadlocks, but if I took these rims to, say, discount tire, would they:

a) know what to do with them
b) charge me a lot more for tire installs?

Or is this more of a specialized type of thing that I'd need to go to a tire shop that specializes in off road wheels and tires?
Good question. It is not 'difficult' to mount. It is actually easier, because one bead is just clamped in place. We have instructions for the mounting, will be something you can share with the tire mounter.
Sponsored