Sponsored

boardthatpowder

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Audi Q5
Fair, but the problem becomes I don't recall the original price, thus the question. I'm fully aware of the current price.
Original pre-order price for sliders was $1,199.95 with free shipping.
Sponsored

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Looking for the wisdom of the crowd here. TL;DR Running board or sliders?

Got R1S Shop access, so I'm hoping to have an R1S sometime this summer -- ideally before official summer, but that'll depend on configurations that pop up. Think I might go on and backorder either running boards or sliders. I want to keep MSRP under $80k and don't do any real offroading, so I will probably not end up with the RUS. With that in mind, does it make any sense to go with sliders over running boards? I kind of like the idea of just fully replacing the plastic trim with metal, but maybe that's just silly and the sliders only make sense if I'm also committed to the RUS?

Also a couple questions for @EV Sportline : I'm in the ATL area and I am leaning toward having y'all install whichever I buy. 1) Is it possible to avoid shipping if I pick up at your ATL location? 2) If I order now and my place in line for running boards or sliders comes up before I have my R1S, is it possible for me to delay pickup and install for a bit but preserve the discount?

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, R2 res, Tesla S, 3, X, Y, Cybertruck
Occupation
Upgrading Electric Vehicles
Clubs

Looking for the wisdom of the crowd here. TL;DR Running board or sliders?

Got R1S Shop access, so I'm hoping to have an R1S sometime this summer -- ideally before official summer, but that'll depend on configurations that pop up. Think I might go on and backorder either running boards or sliders. I want to keep MSRP under $80k and don't do any real offroading, so I will probably not end up with the RUS. With that in mind, does it make any sense to go with sliders over running boards? I kind of like the idea of just fully replacing the plastic trim with metal, but maybe that's just silly and the sliders only make sense if I'm also committed to the RUS?

Also a couple questions for @EV Sportline : I'm in the ATL area and I am leaning toward having y'all install whichever I buy. 1) Is it possible to avoid shipping if I pick up at your ATL location? 2) If I order now and my place in line for running boards or sliders comes up before I have my R1S, is it possible for me to delay pickup and install for a bit but preserve the discount?

Sliders provide extensive underside protection - Running boards do not, that's the basic difference, other than costs.

Yes, you can order and pickup in ATL - save on shipping ($0). Yes, you can delay install until you have a truck, and preserve the price - easy. For this order, PM to @BrookeRRiv and she'll customize the order accordingly!

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

Yeah they've gone up a bit since the initial launch, wouldn't be surprised if they went up more later.
Yes, early pre-order customers saved a good chunk of $$$. They had to wait, so we made it worth their while!

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Another question for EV Sportline. What is the delivery time estimate for recent (#5404) R1T running board orders? Thanks.

Brian

Sponsored

namora

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Sliders provide extensive underside protection - Running boards do not, that's the basic difference, other than costs.

Yes, you can order and pickup in ATL - save on shipping ($0). Yes, you can delay install until you have a truck, and preserve the price - easy. For this order, PM to @BrookeRRiv and she'll customize the order accordingly!
Are we also able to have our order sent directly to the Los Angeles site if we’re having our install performed there?

Thanks!

ye3hawp0ny

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Are we also able to have our order sent directly to the Los Angeles site if we’re having our install performed there?

Thanks!
That's what I did and they said it was fine.

teddyang

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adeventure Edition, RB, BM, 21"
Clubs

i saw a fb post saying that sliders were shipping but has anyone on this forum actually gotten anything that can confirm that (i would assume some forum members were some of the earliest orders, but maybe i'm wrong).

@EV Sportline @BrookeRRiv can you provide a shipping update? Last we heard from you guys sliders were going to ship this month and we haven't really heard a peep since then? If it's been further delayed can you at least let us know? Thanks!

Sponsored

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

i saw a fb post saying that sliders were shipping but has anyone on this forum actually gotten anything that can confirm that (i would assume some forum members were some of the earliest orders, but maybe i'm wrong).

@EV Sportline @BrookeRRiv can you provide a shipping update? Last we heard from you guys sliders were going to ship this month and we haven't really heard a peep since then? If it's been further delayed can you at least let us know? Thanks!
Yes, you haven't heard only because we haven't got to your order yet :)
Going to take a bit, we've got a lot of orders to plow through - thanks again for the patience!

fromSf

First Name
m
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus Rx450H, 2023 Genesis GV60
Bay Area folks, SSCustoms will do the installation for the same price as EVSportline ($199). If you call EVSportline's customer service, they will update the order to route the shipment directly to SSCustoms.

My delivery and installation are scheduled for a few weeks from now. I will share my experience after the installation.

teddyang

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adeventure Edition, RB, BM, 21"
Clubs

Yes, you haven't heard only because we haven't got to your order yet :)
Going to take a bit, we've got a lot of orders to plow through - thanks again for the patience!
Appreicate the response! When i emailed customer support earlier this week, I was told that they were still waiting for another sample before going into production and that shipping had not started yet but i also saw a FB post saying they were shipping so was a little confused at the messaging.

I understand there's a lot of excitement and anticipation for the sliders and there's probably a large backlog, but i was a day 1 order so hopefully that means my wait wont' be much longer. Either way i'm just trying to gauge the forum to see if anyone else has gotten shipping to see which order # is shipping and help manage my expections. :p

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE