First Name
Loc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo Coupe
Occupation
Retired
If your sliders aren’t dirty with some scrapes and rust then you didn’t need to buy sliders in the first place.
I'm not a sliders kind of guy - just The Dude that's getting a set of running boards. ;)

sjg

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ram 1500
So it will or won't have bolt heads on top of the plate? Not sure I was able to decipher a clear answer on that? The pre-production photos showed bolts on the plate. The original photos showed no such bolts from the top? Just curious. Thank you
Based on this reply, " -No, those are not the final fasteners; keep in mind, bolt-on plates look very nice versus welded plates (edge seam)- plus enable changing plates for other options ", I believe the final design will bolted on plates.

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

Based on this reply, " -No, those are not the final fasteners; keep in mind, bolt-on plates look very nice versus welded plates (edge seam)- plus enable changing plates for other options ", I believe the final design will bolted on plates.
That's where it's confusing. "NO, those are not the final fasteners". Then it says "bolt-on plates look nice.....". Makes me think it sounds like it will have bolts on it??

Sponsored

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
That's where it's confusing. "NO, those are not the final fasteners". Then it says "bolt-on plates look nice.....". Makes me think it sounds like it will have bolts on it??
Yes, lot's of ambiguity around these, yet. They are always close or in production, but finalized information is not yet available - still forthcoming, "s00n".

jrgutier

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

Yes, lot's of ambiguity around these, yet. They are always close or in production, but finalized information is not yet available - still forthcoming, "s00n".
Just like any other Kickstarter type of campaign. I for one can’t wait to see the final result, whatever they finally end up as.

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, R2 res, Tesla S, 3, X, Y, Cybertruck
Occupation
Upgrading Electric Vehicles
Clubs

Gang, we know everyone is super exited for all the details and photos and install videos and etc - we are cranking on all that! Here is one of our engineers working on installation instructions.... We will be updating photos shortly! They look :cool: in person! Thanks again for all the patience.

Rivian R1T R1S Introducing RMaxx Running Boards & Rock Sliders for Rivian R1T / R1S from Team 1EV Step2

Sponsored

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, R2 res, Tesla S, 3, X, Y, Cybertruck
Occupation
Upgrading Electric Vehicles
Clubs

Will the final product be made in the USA or outside of the country? Just wondering from a realistic timeline perspective.
Our running boards and sliders are Made in the USA

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

Gang, we know everyone is super exited for all the details and photos and install videos and etc - we are cranking on all that! Here is one of our engineers working on installation instructions.... We will be updating photos shortly! They look :cool: in person! Thanks again for all the patience.

Step2.jpg
Looks like we definitely have bolts going in from the top. A little disappointing as I preferred the clean look of them just being welded. Plus, I enter my truck barefoot quite often while in the garage or driveway. Not sure how a bolt is going to feel on my bare foot. Not a deal breaker, but would have assumed that for just running boards, extra bolts wouldn't be necessary since they're also welded?

Now, looking closer, this photo now raises another question......Are the Rivian like logos now open to below? In the original photoshop image, they were solid. Seems like that will really open them up to allowing road dirt to kick up and through those logos? Solid surface would have kept the top of the board cleaner. Open holes will certainly allow dirt kicking up from tires to get to the top of the board. Can't say I love that change either.

On the plus side, they do definitely stick out further than originally reflected in the photoshopped photos, so will certainly serve better as a step into and out of the truck......with shoes on.

I LOVED what I saw in the photo below. Not as in love with what I see in the photo above. Still getting them either way. But if I'm seeing what's going to be delivered in the photos, it's possible that I'll continue exploring other options that may come available in the future, whereas the first run photos below, I'd have been locked in and done with this aspect.

Original Photoshop image....
Rivian R1T R1S Introducing RMaxx Running Boards & Rock Sliders for Rivian R1T / R1S from Team 1EV 1671566346258

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
I encrypt PDFs for Boomers
Clubs

I'd like to know what the vendor's definition of "shortly" is. Sounds like my sister... "I'll be there in 20 minutes". 2 hours later, nada.

johnstuder

First Name
JOhn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A6, Pacifica Hybrid
Clubs

Still trying to decide between the sliders and just the running boards. in FL, so not much rock on our off roading. Wonder if the weight+ aero will have much of an effect on the range vs the boards. Choices,choices...

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
Looks like we definitely have bolts going in from the top. A little disappointing as I preferred the clean look of them just being welded. Plus, I enter my truck barefoot quite often while in the garage or driveway. Not sure how a bolt is going to feel on my bare foot. Not a deal breaker, but would have assumed that for just running boards, extra bolts wouldn't be necessary since they're also welded?

Now, looking closer, this photo now raises another question......Are the Rivian like logos now open to below? In the original photoshop image, they were solid. Seems like that will really open them up to allowing road dirt to kick up and through those logos? Solid surface would have kept the top of the board cleaner. Open holes will certainly allow dirt kicking up from tires to get to the top of the board. Can't say I love that change either.

On the plus side, they do definitely stick out further than originally reflected in the photoshopped photos, so will certainly serve better as a step into and out of the truck......with shoes on.

I LOVED what I saw in the photo below. Not as in love with what I see in the photo above. Still getting them either way. But if I'm seeing what's going to be delivered in the photos, it's possible that I'll continue exploring other options that may come available in the future, whereas the first run photos below, I'd have been locked in and done with this aspect.

Original Photoshop image....
1671566346258.png
Yes, an "Embossed" plate would be better... Wind noise, whistling with the cut outs at speed? Who knows.

Re the use of raised "Pan head" bolts to secure the plate - Not a fan of raised bolts on an otherwise flat surface... It perplexes me that they aren't using countersunk flush mount hardware here. If I were to guess, it's because it take a little more labor/machining to do the countersinking...

What I'm most interested in seeing are pictures/videos of is all the "brackets, bolts, nuts and washers" hardware now needed/used for mounting (that was not needed/present in the original design) - in addition to whatever that "Optional aero" stuff is.
Sponsored

Last edited: