Sponsored

Smithery

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MX 100D, XC70, Cooper S JCW, R1T Large
2 - The pre-order is extremely helpful in confirming the mix (ie which version) and qty we need to schedule. Without this, we're guessing and likely missing - meaning everyone waits for items we under guessed. More importantly, we will ship first in, first out. So those who ordered first will get their parts first. Also, trying to help reward those that trusted in us up front - once these are stocked, the free ship intro will end. IF when we post more photos and details you don't like what you see, no problem - you're welcome to cancel.
Because your preorder policy clearly states there *is* a penalty for cancelling an unshipped preorder, many of us will still be waiting until those pics are posted.

Will they be posted during the free ship preorder period?
Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

You're focusing on "What if I change my mind before my preorder ships?"

I took their statement to mean "If you get your product and aren't satisfied, we refund no questions asked."

The same page you got the preorder language from does confirm they take returns for a 100% refund within 30 days.
I personally donā€™t want to have to pay to ship rock sliders back if I buy something that we havenā€™t even seen a picture of yet and it doesnā€™t meet expectations. Also I just thought people should know what they have listed for policies on their site, and look contradictory to what was claimed here.

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
Iā€™m confused. Just the other day I saw you complaining about their unfair jack puck ā€˜trade upā€˜ policy. I agreed with your criticism since I also got the original non-magnetic version shortly before they released the new ones.
Yes, That's a good example. I was unhappy with the puke upgrade approach, but 1EV resolved my issue via DM. That was a good example of them honoring a philosophy over written terms. Not sure about this one, however, as a lot more money is involved. I guess we will just have to see how it plays out. I will not be ordering at this point, but will give them some more time. They could have collected data on product mix, simply by creating a poll here and other forums/FM - without collecting full price at pre-order. That data could then have been fed into the production planning machine. This used to be my thing before retiring in 2016. Could have also only collected a small deposit, with full charge coming when shipped. Who knows; maybe they need the cash to get production started?

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
As with others, awaiting more details but tentatively very interested. Definitely want sliders for my truck.

Bit of a missed opportunity here to make the tread pattern be the Rivian logo. I'm sure they'd have let you use it :)

Reactions: sub

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
As with others, awaiting more details but tentatively very interested. Definitely want sliders for my truck.

Bit of a missed opportunity here to make the tread pattern be the Rivian logo. I'm sure they'd have let you use it :)
That's an easy one to address. If they had used the Rivian compass logo design (exactly), Rivian IP (Intellectual Property) lawyers would have sent them a "cease and desist" warning letter. So, it appears they slightly altered it to avoid this unpleasant and costly development.

Used to have an IP lawyer on my team, prior to retiring....

Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Yes, That's a good example. I was unhappy with the puke upgrade approach, but 1EV resolved my issue via DM. That was a good example of them honoring a philosophy over written terms. Not sure about this one, however, as a lot more money is involved. I guess we will just have to see how it plays out. I will not be ordering at this point, but will give them some more time. They could have collected data on product mix, simply by creating a poll here and other forums/FM - without collecting full price. That data could then have been fed into the production planning machine. This used to be my thing before retiring in 2016.
Glad to hear they took care of you. I guess I didnā€™t feel strong enough to bitch about it, especially if I am getting rock sliders (one way or the other) and the pucks will be less critical.

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That's an easy one to address. If they had used the Rivian logo, Rivian IP (Intellectual Property) lawyers would have sent them a "cease and desist" warning letter.
I did specifically say I was pretty sure Rivian would let them use it, implying I know that's how it works, but that doesn't mean that companies can't license that kind of thing, and usually pretty cheaply.

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I did specifically say I was pretty sure Rivian would let them use it, implying I know that's how it works, but that doesn't mean that companies can't license that kind of thing, and usually pretty cheaply.
Well, there are some very well known vendors/manufacturer here that we all buy stuff from. They have received such letters and Rivian/Tesla won't license them (under an IP royalty license). It was just "STOP". How do I know this? Well, because I had been talking with some of these companies for a while on the Tesla side.

Edit: Re your understanding vs., mine, I guess we will have to wait to hear from @EV Sportline as to why they chose not to use the Rivian Compass Logo. I agree that would have made for a much more "OEM like" without a "large 3rd party logo" product.

Last edited:

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Well, there are some very well known vendors/manufacturer here that we all buy stuff from. They have received such letters and Rivian/Tesla won't license them (under an IP royalty license). It was just "STOP". How do I know this? Well, because I had been talking with some of these companies for a while on the Tesla side.
Edit: Other than working through my puck trade up issue, I have no other experience with this vendor or products, nor do I know if they approached Rivian or not, re an IP licensing agreement, to use the Compass Logo on these boards/sliders.

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
As promised, happy to present our RMaxx Running Boards and Rock Sliders!

We've carefully engineered these specifically for Rivian fitments. Two options, Running Boards for those that seek the step. And for those that want to tackle the world, we've got the Rock Slider version. Looks are important to us, but so is function. So the sliders are FOR REAL. Go ahead and grind your way over the rockers, we're ready for you. Our sliders are direct frame mount and spec'd for Rivian heavyweights - no brackets or cantilever or light duty stuff here.

FAQ:
  • The step sits about 0.7" under the door
  • The Sliders are attached to the frame, behind (inboard) the running boards.
  • The Slider option is something we weld together with the Running boards. The assembly bolts to the truck (no welding on the truck)
  • Structurally, the running boards are just that - they attach with brackets and provide a step.
  • The Sliders are a heavy duty frame rail attachment that bolts directly to the frame structure and protects when sliding over rocks, high-centering the truck, etc.
  • Neither product prohibits jacking. We have that covered for both Running boards and Sliders.
  • You cant jack up on the running boards
  • You can definitely jack up on the sliders
  • Range impact, will be something, but not quantified at this point. The parts are 'inboard' the tire outer surface, which is good.

Made in the USA - in production now.

Check them out here - Introductory pricing and free shipping for the first wave!

https://evsportline.com/collections...running-board-rock-sliders-for-rivian-r1t-r1s

black-rivian-r1t-running-boards.jpg
If getting the running boards, we can't use it for jacking up the truck, so will the lifting jack pucks still fit?

Sponsored

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

I'm interested in the rock sliders but want to see the truck being jacked up by them and images of where they attach before I would order. Even more points if you put the truck on a rock with them and show the doors can still function. Would hate to get stuck on a rock then not be able to get out.

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Just a follow up on your comment... While I don't know if Rivian would have or would not have (granted permission), I would have bet a $1 they would not have - Given Rivian plans to launch their own "branded" version of running boards/sliders. Why would Rivian grant permission to 1EV to use their logo and take sales away from their own version? While they may be reasons, there would be outliers to their stated strategy.

R1T.NC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2022 R1T, 2022 C8, 2019 Ram,1967 RT
Occupation
Automotive
Clubs

Just Pre-Ordered...Thank you for these....(my wife REALLY thanks you...:))

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just a follow up on your comment... While I don't know if Rivian would have or would not have (granted permission), I would have bet a $1 they would not have - Given Rivian plans to launch their own "branded" version of running boards/sliders. Why would Rivian grant permission to 1EV to use their logo and take sales away from their own version? While they may be reasons, there would be outliers to their stated strategy.
They may not have said yes. Never know until the question is asked. And none of us here know whether Rivian ever will or will not actually release sliders/steps for R1s. I've been waiting on the Winch prototype I saw 2 years ago for... well.. 2 years, and there's still absolutely nothing actually officially confirmed about it.

So yea, who knows. Just a thought I had given that the pattern they used is so close to the logo already.

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
They may not have said yes. Never know until the question is asked. And none of us here know whether Rivian ever will or will not actually release sliders/steps for R1s. I've been waiting on the Winch prototype I saw 2 years ago for... well.. 2 years, and there's still absolutely nothing actually officially confirmed about it.

So yea, who knows. Just a thought I had given that the pattern they used is so close to the logo already.
Agreed, we are all just speculating at this point! Will be interesting to see if this manufacturer addresses that and the terms questions raised by members.
Sponsored