Sponsored

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
R1S Running Board is 100% different, shares no parts with the R1T version :)
Holy smokes...I spent so much time researching this thread and others to learn more about the install on my R1S...

I would assume potentially drilling four holes on each side and the attachment points would be similar...but what the heck do I know!
Sponsored

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, R2 res, Tesla S, 3, X, Y, Cybertruck
Occupation
Upgrading Electric Vehicles
Clubs

Holy smokes...I spent so much time researching this thread and others to learn more about the install on my R1S...

I would assume potentially drilling four holes on each side and the attachment points would be similar...but what the heck do I know!
It looks the same, I should say. It's dimensionally different (shorter). Sorry, didnt mean to scare you! It installs and mounts the same (although the brackets are a little different shape).

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
New install, work great!

20230330_122022.jpg
OK, I'll bite... tell us more about your roof rack setup (how are the lights wired, how is the spoiler mounted, etc.) 😅

Rach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Has anyone taken their truck with running boards to have tire rotated? Any issues with tire company accessing the lift points with their lifts? Saw on Facebook someone posted that a tire company couldn’t access the lift point due to the running board being in the wrong. This would be a concern if true.

windblowlc

First Name
Loc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo Coupe
Occupation
Retired
I doubt that. If you have the pucks, there’s no reason they can’t lift it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

Has anyone taken their truck with running boards to have tire rotated? Any issues with tire company accessing the lift points with their lifts? Saw on Facebook someone posted that a tire company couldn’t access the lift point due to the running board being in the wrong. This would be a concern if true.
fake news. Our Running Boards and Rock Sliders allow full access to factory jack puck points.

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

Doesn't make sense unless they installed it wrong?

Kuro-Rivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1969 BMW 2002
fake news. Our Running Boards and Rock Sliders allow full access to factory jack puck points.
I can see a tire shop saying that if they don't have jack pucks or understand they can lift from the frame rail too. I bought the sliders not because I'm big into off-roading but because I want to be able rotate and seasonal tire swap easier.

Sponsored

avigneault

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Engineer
OK, I'll bite... tell us more about your roof rack setup (how are the lights wired, how is the spoiler mounted, etc.) 😅
Off topic, but here's the abstract:
Rhino Rack fairing mounted to crossbars, Pod lights mounted to that. Wiring harness run down windshield with KC wire hider. Quick disconnects make the entire rig easily removable.

12v supplied in frunk from the outlet there, relay mounted up behind tub, switch in the cabin.

Thread here

Last edited:

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

this is a long thread so apologies if this is a duplicate question. for the running boards there are two installation options:

1. Remove the plastic panels
  2. Retain the plastic panels and trim for bracket clearance.
what i'd like to know is what the pros and cons are of either option? and specifically, is there any disadvantage or potential issue to the underbody being exposed by not having the plastic panels

Phatman113

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
IT
Off topic, but here's the abstract:
Rhino Rack fairing mounted to crossbars, Pod lights mounted to that. Wiring harness run down windshield with KC wire hider. Quick disconnects make the entire rig easily removable.

12v supplied in frunk from the outlet there, relay mounted up behind tub, switch in the cabin.
How are the lights? I see options like this for $300-$400, this is the first $25 set I've seen

avigneault

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Engineer
How are the lights? I see options like this for $300-$400, this is the first $25 set I've seen
They're completely fine, serve the purpose, and if one dies I can replace the entire set 20 times for what a single one of those more expensive ones cost. Bougie trail lights are a waste of money.

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

R1S customer install today -
Rivian R1T R1S Introducing RMaxx Running Boards & Rock Sliders for Rivian R1T / R1S from Team 1EV unnamed (5)
Rivian R1T R1S Introducing RMaxx Running Boards & Rock Sliders for Rivian R1T / R1S from Team 1EV unnamed (6)
Sponsored