Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, R2 res, Tesla S, 3, X, Y, Cybertruck
Occupation
Upgrading Electric Vehicles
Clubs

I'll first say this - We can ALL do better, and we are ALL in this together, and we all appreciate you providing all the different products for the community, I have ordered a few of the other items myself.

@EV Sportline are you saying you don't know your own production rate? The whole issue is the lack of any type of delivery timeline from EV. I have repeatedly reached out directly and asked for an update on my order. Each time I get later this month. The first week in March, the answer was your order is in the next batch to go out. I ordered back on Nov. 22nd or 23rd.

The parameters should be known at this stage, and you should be able to do the math. You should know your production rate, and you should know the number of orders. All we are asking for is a reasonable estimated ship date based on those parameters so that we can make a decision on whether we want to wait or go a different direction.
Todd, good news for you - I see your order on track to ship this week! Lucky for me, whew! ha ha. Thanks for the patience, glad this one is on deck!
Sponsored

the_mace

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S75D, Ford F350 Diesel, Mercedes GLC30
Occupation
CTO
Correct and thanks for noting - trust me we are pushing and working fast and hard, on many things!
Appreciate that @EV Sportline is making great products for the Rivian. Many wouldnt approach a small or new market and this gives us options for needed items like tonneau covers and running boards.

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Polestar 2, Miata ND2 RF
They can do better.
lol - I ordered day one (sliders) and still don't have, but also, I've ordered things that have "already released" from various aspects of my life I'm still waiting on(camera parts, gaming, garden supplies, other rivian accessories), maybe just move on if you can't wait.

samso003

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Amazon
lol - I ordered day one (sliders) and still don't have, but also, I've ordered things that have "already released" from various aspects of my life I'm still waiting on(camera parts, gaming, garden supplies, other rivian accessories), maybe just move on if you can't wait.
Why is a more accurate/hedged ship window too much to ask? Not sure anyone really expected the running boards or sliders to ship before the end of last year... But that's what was communicated.

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
Why is a more accurate/hedged ship window too much to ask? Not sure anyone really expected the running boards or sliders to ship before the end of last year... But that's what was communicated.
I find it a little surprising that an Amazon employee can't imagine good reasons why a product release might slip due to complexity discovered in the development stages.

(I agree that they could communicate status / changes to estimates better. I cancelled my ditch lights order after it was several months later than expected. But the lateness itself is reasonable IMO.)

Sponsored

Belem

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T Adventure, 1986 Mercedes 190E 2.3-16
It's really funny that when I was on the Bronco forums awaiting my Bronco, there were a number of small companies that were manufacturing some really cool stuff for the Bronco and the same amount of disappointed/angry customers were very vocal about delays, manufacturing changes, finishing issues, etc.

Let them get the R&D and manufacturing established and then you can get angry if it takes beyond an anticipated time. We are Beta testers (FWIW) and we should hold that expectation. If that's not something that you're not comfortable with, maybe hold off until things get more situated.

And the "you" here is a general "you" and not directed at any one person.

hardrock197

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Compass, R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
Director, Technology
Todd, good news for you - I see your order on track to ship this week! Lucky for me, whew! ha ha. Thanks for the patience, glad this one is on deck!
@EV Sportline, thanks for the update; it is much appreciated. Looking forward to receiving and singing their praises.

Is there no way for you to give those still waiting an estimated timeline? I know you can do the math, as that's how your products get priced.

I get the whole beta tester thing and the tweaking and refining of the product to make it the best it can be. The RBs have been in full production for 2 months +/- and EV should be able to provide a more realistic timeline for those that ask. At the beginning of Feb., when I asked for an update if they would have said, "based on our current production and your order in the queue, you're looking at the end of March ship date." There would have been no need for me to reach back out to them until that time had passed. Instead, I got "we are fulling back-orders through the month of Feb." "We hope to have your order fulfilled by the end of the month." and "your order is in the next batch to go out."

All that being said, communication could have been better.

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, R2 res, Tesla S, 3, X, Y, Cybertruck
Occupation
Upgrading Electric Vehicles
Clubs

@EV Sportline, thanks for the update; it is much appreciated. Looking forward to receiving and singing their praises.

Is there no way for you to give those still waiting an estimated timeline? I know you can do the math, as that's how your products get priced.

I get the whole beta tester thing and the tweaking and refining of the product to make it the best it can be. The RBs have been in full production for 2 months +/- and EV should be able to provide a more realistic timeline for those that ask. At the beginning of Feb., when I asked for an update if they would have said, "based on our current production and your order in the queue, you're looking at the end of March ship date." There would have been no need for me to reach back out to them until that time had passed. Instead, I got "we are fulling back-orders through the month of Feb." "We hope to have your order fulfilled by the end of the month." and "your order is in the next batch to go out."

Gang, I appreciate all the feedback on how to communicate and run the biz - I know it looks easy from the outside, ha ha. Let me give you one example (of dozens of examples) of reality truths that 'derail' best efforts to communicate accurate timelines...you'll start to realize how it really goes.

For easy math sake, say we make 10 kits this week and plan to make 10 kits next week, and so forth...10 kits every week. We should just tell everyone in que exactly when we will ship theirs, based on 10 per week. Easy!!!

Week one, we ship 10 kits....telling the next 10 people, good news, we'll ship theirs next! Okay....the first 10 kits that shipped, one got stolen by a porch pirate and one get destroyed by FedEx!!!!! So we're 2 kits in the hole! gotta take those from next week's 10. So 2 people from next week's forecast AND 2 people from every week forecast after that just got delayed. Make sense? It's not easy gang, forecasts are subject to change, like it or not!

That said, thanks again everyone - we love your support and patience!

For what it's worth, a customer just did the math and thanked me for the 37.5% gain on his pre-order investment over 4 mos. “You gave me $800 in November-January for running board and are saving approximately $300 in discounts and saved shipping. So, worst case, if you ordered RBs on November 15 (four months ago) and are now just receiving them, your annualized rate of return on your $800 is 112.5%, or 37.5% over the four month waiting period. Certainly better than most banks or investments in the same period”. Thanks @jebinc for the financials :)

freshpow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T

Goodness gracious, you are relentless. Perhaps you and the few others who feel the need to complain can practice a bit of patience and recognize that you'll get them when you get them. I would greatly prefer they continue to focus on making the best products possible rather than letting Todd know when he can expect his delivery. Not to mention they do a better job of communicating than Rivian itself and all of the other companies on this forum. Relax man and enjoy the steep discount you're getting as an early pre-order!

Test Name

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
HR
We have shipped a lot of running boards - and we continue to many & ship every week, those are catching up. The slider design has been refined, based on testing and install learnings - while the timeline has slipped, the product design, functionality, and quality is absolutely amazing - nothing else is ever close. Everyone who pre-order has received the benefit of pre-order price and shipping discounts - some early pre-orders have saved as much as $400-500, depending of location and shipping charge; this is our gesture of thanks and appreciation for those that have patiently waited for the BEST! We feel it is better to make people wait, rather than rush the parts and have early customers miss-out on the improvements.

The tonneau is on track as scheduled....our tonneau that is! ha ha.
good to hear, but how many have you shipped? How many are you shipping each week? if order numbers dont matter, how do we find out what the expected delivery date is? How much backlog do you have, if my order number is 23XX and I live in Texas, you implied location matters more than order number? Are you filling Cali orders first because they are closer? am I looking at June/July delivery date?

I get you guys had setbacks and are trying to put out the best product you can, but an accurate ETA would be appreciated.

And in total transparency, i want these more for soccer mom protection than anything else. I had a 2015 jeep JKU and first thing i did was put some armor on it for all of the oblivious people to bang into, instead of my doors.

Sponsored

Kuro-Rivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1969 BMW 2002
Today Rivian replaced my 12V batteries and they've fixed that issue with an OTA (hopefully). Now that outrage is behind us, apparently EV Sportline is again the outrage target du jour. I'm not saint, I had a bit of a conniption a while back. Then I got call from Brian himself to explain what was going on and......I felt a little stupid about being such a dick on here and to Brooke. Not sure what I'm trying to say here but can't we all just get along! The running boards and sliders are coming when they are coming. There is no reason to believe whatsoever there is some nefarious reason for the delays. If anything, the delays are a product of trying to deliver a good PRODUCT. I don't know EV Sportline from Jack...but they seem to be the good guys. And if it's a big deal, just get a refund!

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Today Rivian replaced my 12V batteries and they've fixed that issue with an OTA (hopefully). Now that outrage is behind us, apparently EV Sportline is again the outrage target du jour. I'm not saint, I had a bit of a conniption a while back. Then I got call from Brian himself to explain what was going on and......I felt a little stupid about being such a dick on here and to Brooke. Not sure what I'm trying to say here but can't we all just get along! The running boards and sliders are coming when they are coming. There is no reason to believe whatsoever there is some nefarious reason for the delays. If anything, the delays are a product of trying to deliver a good PRODUCT. I don't know EV Sportline from Jack...but they seem to be the good guys. And if it's a big deal, just get a refund!
Yep, at the end of the day, this is the only running board solution available right now. As much as I want mine now, I'm going to wait, because I need running boards. I have all the tools and gorilla tape ready and waiting for when the running boards eventually arrive.

doit82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, R1T
good to hear, but how many have you shipped? How many are you shipping each week? if order numbers dont matter, how do we find out what the expected delivery date is? How much backlog do you have, if my order number is 23XX and I live in Texas, you implied location matters more than order number? Are you filling Cali orders first because they are closer? am I looking at June/July delivery date?

I get you guys had setbacks and are trying to put out the best product you can, but an accurate ETA would be appreciated.

And in total transparency, i want these more for soccer mom protection than anything else. I had a 2015 jeep JKU and first thing i did was put some armor on it for all of the oblivious people to bang into, instead of my doors.
I received mine in VT so not location specific. I think they are just trying to get through the backlog and everyone needs to be patient. My order was #2064, 11/14/2022 order.

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
Can we try to limit this thread to actual updates or questions about the product? If you would like to discuss your particular order or timing (or business philosophy), you can contact EV Sportline directly.

Definitely looking forward to those production slider pictures and information.

Marke08

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

@EV Sportline : I ordered my boards in November. I’ve emailed a couple of times for updates and you have always responded. I’m beyond excited to get them and really appreciate the work you guys are doing. Just wanted to point out my expectations aren’t shattered due to delays.
Sponsored