Sponsored

aconfusedazn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Thanks. Thinking I'll upgrade to the rock sliders.

Trying to find the tools recommended now. Assume following will work?

https://www.lowes.com/pd/CRAFTSMAN-13-Piece-Set-Drive-Torx-Bit-Torx-Driver-Socket-Set/1000595141 -- think this set contains both torx bits needed per the install video?

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Capri-Tools-1-4-in-Drive-Torque-Wrench-20-in-lb-to-245-in-lb/1002616574 -- torque wrench
Yes those should be sufficient. Cheaper at harbor freight though.
Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Thanks. Thinking I'll upgrade to the rock sliders.

Trying to find the tools recommended now. Assume following will work?

https://www.lowes.com/pd/CRAFTSMAN-13-Piece-Set-Drive-Torx-Bit-Torx-Driver-Socket-Set/1000595141 -- think this set contains both torx bits needed per the install video?

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Capri-Tools-1-4-in-Drive-Torque-Wrench-20-in-lb-to-245-in-lb/1002616574 -- torque wrench
No. The sliders or steps should come with the larger Torx bit, and that torque wrench is undersized with a 1/4 drive and out of the range of required torque at only 245 inch lbs.

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

Yes those should be sufficient. Cheaper at harbor freight though.
Unaware of that store. Have one locally, see if can check out tomorrow.

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

aconfusedazn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
That should be sufficient but i would wait till EV Sportline releases instructions to buy it. I’m not sure about the size of the torx unless you cross referenced the install of the other branded slider. That said there’s no guarantee that the install will be the same.

Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
They haven't listed the exact torque spec, but that wrench should be closer to the right spec, but I'd wait until I knew exactly what the spec was and make sure the spec is within 20-80% of the range of the wrench I select.

And T55 is not the same as TP55 (this is what you need, but should be included if I recall correctly) and the kits you shared don't have the correct bit.

hardrock197

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Compass, R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
Director, Technology
Has anyone received their shipping notification yet?

Sponsored

Kuro-Rivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1969 BMW 2002
They are shipping. I have an appointment in Van Nuys 2/15 for install.
So what happened to the supposed email that was going out in a day or two, a week ago? Wasn't the plan to send an email to everyone before they shipped to verify whether their preference of the running boards or the rock sliders? This whole pre-order process thing is weird.

doit82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, R1T
So what happened to the supposed email that was going out in a day or two, a week ago? Wasn't the plan to send an email to everyone before they shipped to verify whether their preference of the running boards or the rock sliders? This whole pre-order process thing is weird.
I received an email last week to confirm my order....Maybe emails are going out in order of expected shipping times?

Ginny

First Name
Ginny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 escalade ext, 2019 corvette
Occupation
retired
I received an email.
I received an email.

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

Nothing yet on my end. I believe I preordered within the first few days.
From what I can gather, they received enough orders in the first 24 hours of making them available for pre-order to more than cover the first 30 they are getting in in the first batch. Don't know how long it will be before the second batch is available, but if you weren't one of those that placed an order within 24 hours (and even that's not guaranteed), then you certainly will miss the first round of shipments. No clue what the order count is beyond the first day. Just know that they had more than 30 orders in the first 24 hours.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
I encrypt PDFs for Boomers
Clubs

From what I can gather, they received enough orders in the first 24 hours of making them available for pre-order to more than cover the first 30 they are getting in in the first batch. Don't know how long it will be before the second batch is available, but if you weren't one of those that placed an order within 24 hours (and even that's not guaranteed), then you certainly will miss the first round of shipments. No clue what the order count is beyond the first day. Just know that they had more than 30 orders in the first 24 hours.
Well that's great to hear. I didn't know about that data. And fine by me, I'm in no rush.
Sponsored