Leonbmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2020 Tesla MY
Occupation
Boeing Design Engineer
Clubs

@EV Sportline I really like what you have done with the running boards, everything looks great and you really seem to put the customers first, however in the 50+ pages of this thread, we have not actually seen anything about the rocksliders.

- General design overview - we have seen the early CAD concept from months ago, what changes has detailing the design brought?
- How are they fastened
- How they protect the underbody, and how much. DCE has currently set the standard, are you close?
- Material choice

There are 2 serious competitors (DCE, Electruck4x4) out there now, one of which is already delivering, and both have all this data on display, in various stages of product maturity.

So curious minds want to see something, anything, so we can start getting excited about your concept OR so we can decide your concept is not for us and join the waitlist for one on the other offerings.

Again, the others showed fabrication pics, of parts that there were not even remotely done, just so we got an idea of where things were heading.

I very much would like to be a customer of your rocksliders, but I would like to know a little bit more about what it is exactly that I am waiting for.

Kuro-Rivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1969 BMW 2002
Hey gang, confirming orders has begun - emails rolling over next day or two. You can also just go ahead and update your tread design HERE: https://evsportline.com/pages/rmaxx-running-board-tread-option-confirmation-form?_kx=
Cool, that was handy! I have confirmed the tread pattern (square) for my ROOOOCKSLIIIIDDERS!

Now when do they ship? Kidding. While I'm just yanking-your-chain....I did curse you a little bit when I high sided getting getting off a plowed road on the lake while ice fishing today. As you can see, I really need those Rock Sliders! And I need them now! Oh, and it's my birthday soon so.....you should probably ship to me first.

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, R2 res, Tesla S, 3, X, Y, Cybertruck
Occupation
Upgrading Electric Vehicles
Clubs

@EV Sportline I really like what you have done with the running boards, everything looks great and you really seem to put the customers first, however in the 50+ pages of this thread, we have not actually seen anything about the rocksliders.

- General design overview - we have seen the early CAD concept from months ago, what changes has detailing the design brought?
- How are they fastened
- How they protect the underbody, and how much. DCE has currently set the standard, are you close?
- Material choice

There are 2 serious competitors (DCE, Electruck4x4) out there now, one of which is already delivering, and both have all this data on display, in various stages of product maturity.

So curious minds want to see something, anything, so we can start getting excited about your concept OR so we can decide your concept is not for us and join the waitlist for one on the other offerings.

Again, the others showed fabrication pics, of parts that there were not even remotely done, just so we got an idea of where things were heading.

I very much would like to be a customer of your rocksliders, but I would like to know a little bit more about what it is exactly that I am waiting for.
Thanks for the interest Leonbmx, we are highly confident our design will impress. We strive to be the best - this is our design ethos for all products. We have been engineering & manufacturing market leading OEM & aftermarket enthusiast and racing performance products for over 20 years. Sure, we recognize there are other products being developed, those products look good too and those companies have good crews too and are working hard to make good products, kudos to them.

That said, there things we have tested & learned about Rivians during our journey so far, which have directed a few critical design changes (all for the better! but cost us some time). We will post our final slider design sooner than later (same as we have for the Running Board) and those who pre-ordered will be rewarded with a great product, first shipments, no shipping costs, introductory pricing....and a few other surprises to reward their confidence and loyalty in EV Sportline and Team 1EV!

Stay tuned :)

Leonbmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Boeing Design Engineer
Clubs

Thanks for the interest Leonbmx, we are highly confident our design will impress. We strive to be the best - this is our design ethos for all products. We have been engineering & manufacturing market leading OEM & aftermarket enthusiast and racing performance products for over 20 years. Sure, we recognize there are other products being developed, those products look good too and those companies have good crews too and are working hard to make good products, kudos to them.

That said, there things we have tested & learned about Rivians during our journey so far, which have directed a few critical design changes (all for the better! but cost us some time). We will post our final slider design sooner than later (same as we have for the Running Board) and those who pre-ordered will be rewarded with a great product, first shipments, no shipping costs, introductory pricing....and a few other surprises to reward their confidence and loyalty in EV Sportline and Team 1EV!

Stay tuned :)
The thing is though, with the running boards you guys were very forthcoming with the design process and progress, with the rock sliders it’s the complete opposite.

So I can’t help but feel that you guys are not far enough along to even share anything?

Again, if you don’t have a final product to share, no issues at all, if it is worth waiting for, I’ll wait.

I would just like to see something that shows me you guys are working on it and are iterating designs.

you already have my money, so show me (a preview of) what I am in line for?

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
If I've learned one thing from this thread it's that if I were designing a product for Rivian or anything else, I would do it quietly in an undisclosed location with no social media accounts or active forum presence and only release the final version along with instructions and testing footage after production is started. Like anything else people will either buy it or they won't:cool:

Leonbmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Boeing Design Engineer
Clubs

If I've learned one thing from this thread it's that if I were designing a product for Rivian or anything else, I would do it quietly in an undisclosed location with no social media accounts or active forum presence and only release the final version along with instructions and testing footage after production is started. Like anything else people will either buy it or they won't:cool:
I agree with you wholeheartedly!

The reason I am pushing for info in this case is that I also have a pre-order with Electruck and they start shipping in 2 weeks. I have to cancel one of them.

I like EV sportline’s products, their customer service and their price, as a pre order holder, can’t be beat.

So I’d like to stay “loyal” to them, but I would like to see the direction that these go in, before I make a decision either way.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I agree with you wholeheartedly!

The reason I am pushing for info in this case is that I also have a pre-order with Electruck and they start shipping in 2 weeks. I have to cancel one of them.

I like EV sportline’s products, their customer service and their price, as a pre order holder, can’t be beat.

So I’d like to stay “loyal” to them, but I would like to see the direction that these go in, before I make a decision either way.
I understand 100%. My post wasn't meant as a direct response to your questions or anyone else specifically. Just happened to slide in there after yours.

Leonbmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Boeing Design Engineer
Clubs

I mean, you already gave them your money. If you really wanted complete information, then you could have easily waited to order until they were shipping. I'd rather them focus on getting their design out the door than constantly having to come back here and answer the same / similar questions over and over.
Sure.

To be fair though, the timetable at time of pre-ordering suggested these would be on the truck already.

That said, I appreciate they use a first-time-right approach over a rush job to be first to market.

The fact that I entrusted them with my funds, is that I believe them to deliver a quality product, which I have zero doubt about.

I am just in the predicament that I need to make a choice between products, which, I fully realize, is a very first world problem to have.

And with that, I am done with the derailment and we should go back to the regular scheduled program.

Last edited:
OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

Hey gang, I understand your interests here - and we appreciate everyone's patience. A few thoughts to share:

1 - Yes, we have been very busy commercializing these (and a dozen more new) products, apologies for the slow forum response recently. We'll be out of the woods soon and faster replying. Once again, Rivian nation has been amazing!

2 - Pre-order customers have earned a long list of benefit:
- Place in line
- introductory discount pricing (market leading) - early pre-orderers are already money ahead
- Free shipping (will be $100-$250 in savings)
- The option to cancel and get 100% refund
- Free installation at our Atlanta or Van Nuys facility (if you are local)
- and a nice return customer coupon, our thanks
....all this benefit will end when the pre-order is turned off

3 - Design questions: I don't want to take anything from others making parts, those all look nice too. That said, no one has shown or spec'd anything or any detail that would be 'better' than what our Sliders will offer. On the flip side, we definitely have value and uniqueness 'the others' do not have - besides having the best price. We have chosen to delay showing our design until we have production intent samples done, for (almost) everyone's benefit of skipping another 20 pages of questions on concerns we absolutely have covered / handled.

4 - Design and quality have prevailed over timing. We accepted some time delays, in trade for improvements. Our track record with products and customer service speaks for itself. We're taking some heat on this, but in the end, you'll all be pleased.

5 - We are eating, sleeping, breathing Rivian everyday. We own Rivians, drive Rivians, work with our local Rivian center.....heck, we even moved into Rivian's old Atlanta facility!....they moved 2 miles down the road....no one is more engaged on this mission. We are Rivian Junkies!

I encourage anyone to PM directly if you specific concerns or questions, happy to chat it through. Good GREAT things come to those who have waited!

Anyway, won't be long now, we're skiing down hill at this point....

Rivian R1T R1S Introducing RMaxx Running Boards & Rock Sliders for Rivian R1T / R1S from Team 1EV Screenshot 2023-02-02 at 11.26.13 AM

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

You can't please everyone. The other part of the equation is that a lot of the Rivian crowd are new to off-roading, so they don't have the experience that others do, so whether or not something looks good doesn't mean that it's going to function well (and vice-versa). Sometimes it's hard to take good photos of a product in any situation, let alone something relevant to the function of them!

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

Thanks, my only complaint is that ya'll are in GA and CA and not Texas :)

BHWhite

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Audi Q7
Occupation
Small Business Owner
Hey gang, I understand your interests here - and we appreciate everyone's patience. A few thoughts to share:

1 - Yes, we have been very busy commercializing these (and a dozen more new) products, apologies for the slow forum response recently. We'll be out of the woods soon and faster replying. Once again, Rivian nation has been amazing!

2 - Pre-order customers have earned a long list of benefit:
- Place in line
- introductory discount pricing (market leading) - early pre-orderers are already money ahead
- Free shipping (will be $100-$250 in savings)
- The option to cancel and get 100% refund
- Free installation at our Atlanta or Van Nuys facility (if you are local)
- and a nice return customer coupon, our thanks
....all this benefit will end when the pre-order is turned off

3 - Design questions: I don't want to take anything from others making parts, those all look nice too. That said, no one has shown or spec'd anything or any detail that would be 'better' than what our Sliders will offer. On the flip side, we definitely have value and uniqueness 'the others' do not have - besides having the best price. We have chosen to delay showing our design until we have production intent samples done, for (almost) everyone's benefit of skipping another 20 pages of questions on concerns we absolutely have covered / handled.

4 - Design and quality have prevailed over timing. We accepted some time delays, in trade for improvements. Our track record with products and customer service speaks for itself. We're taking some heat on this, but in the end, you'll all be pleased.

5 - We are eating, sleeping, breathing Rivian everyday. We own Rivians, drive Rivians, work with our local Rivian center.....heck, we even moved into Rivian's old Atlanta facility!....they moved 2 miles down the road....no one is more engaged on this mission. We are Rivian Junkies!

I encourage anyone to PM directly if you specific concerns or questions, happy to chat it through. Good GREAT things come to those who have waited!

Anyway, won't be long now, we're skiing down hill at this point....

Screenshot 2023-02-02 at 11.26.13 AM.png
You guys have been great, IMHO. Early Running Board order holder (11/10/22) and already confirmed I'm receiving my complimentary installation at the Van Nuys, CA location. ONE QUESTION (and I don't want to gild the lily): Will the Installers in Van Nuys offer cutting off the panels if we want to keep them? Seems like it would be pretty painless and easy for them to handle this and I, for one, would prefer to keep them in place after the running boards are installed. Worst case, because they've no doubt got the tools and templates on hand, I'd be willing to pay a reasonable upcharge for this option to have it done right. LMK, thanks.

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

Haven't confirmed order yet. Was wondering how much more involved the boards with rock sliders install would be to give that extra underbody protection.

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

Haven't confirmed order yet. Was wondering how much more involved the boards with rock sliders install would be to give that extra underbody protection.
A ton. The tread plate looks the same on Running Boards and Rock Sliders, but everything on the bottom side is different. The Rock sliders cover everything on the bottom and totally replace the outer plastic panels. If you want protection, Rock Sliders for sure.
Sponsored