Sponsored

screamingkarts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S LE, Jeep Wrangler 4Xe
Clubs

They said you don't need a puck on the slider but do if you just get the running boards without sliders.

Thanks. That helps. I lost the pucks and was wondering if I need to get the pucks again or manage with the running board/sliders (once delivered) :) I will wait till the running board/slider gets delivered then.
Sponsored

Longhorngirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Actuary
Thanks. That helps. I lost the pucks and was wondering if I need to get the pucks again or manage with the running board/sliders (once delivered) :) I will wait till the running board/slider gets delivered then.
I have the pucks @screamingkarts, so if you need to borrow them for anything let me know. I have the pucks and the screen protector, but no R1S. :crying:

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, R2 res, Tesla S, 3, X, Y, Cybertruck
Occupation
Upgrading Electric Vehicles
Clubs

....today's action, a little fine tuning on bracket placement :)
Rivian R1T R1S Introducing RMaxx Running Boards & Rock Sliders for Rivian R1T / R1S from Team 1EV IMG_0197

ravian

First Name
Debarshi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Sienna
It would be great to eventually have an installation video of both the products. It will serve not only to help with the install but also to generally understand how this product will look like and what goes on under the vehicle to make this possible. It may also help to better understand the difference between the slider and the basic running boards to make a purchase decision.

btw could these potentially interfere in any way with serviceability when the vehicles are taken to Rivian service center?

waitingforrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
It would be great to eventually have an installation video of both the products. It will serve not only to help with the install but also to generally understand how this product will look like and what goes on under the vehicle to make this possible. It may also help to better understand the difference between the slider and the basic running boards to make a purchase decision.

btw could these potentially interfere in any way with serviceability when the vehicles are taken to Rivian service center?
Second to that, not just to Rivian service center, but also normal tire shops.
For example, if I go with running boards only, does tire shop need to remove them before jacking up my car and rotating my tires? Do I need to buy/provide my own pucks?

Sponsored

Brewbud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 20 Cummins, 05 Jeep LJR, 22 Range Rover Sport
Second to that, not just to Rivian service center, but also normal tire shops.
For example, if I go with running boards only, does tire shop need to remove them before jacking up my car and rotating my tires? Do I need to buy/provide my own pucks?
They mentioned the running boards will not interfere with the factory jacking points.

Steve-hsv

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Tucson, Jeep Cherokee, Chevrolet Corvette.
I appreciate the updates so far.. looking forward to getting my set and installed!!

jemkewl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Nice photo marketing shot!
I typically weld with no guiding support, nor gloves, with my metal wedding ring and metal watch as well - but only with flux - never mig or tig.
I am looking forward to the running boards I've ordered and appreciate the teasers while waiting

Kuro-Rivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1969 BMW 2002
Nice photo marketing shot!
I typically weld with no guiding support, nor gloves, with my metal wedding ring and metal watch as well - but only with flux - never mig or tig.
I am looking forward to the running boards I've ordered and appreciate the teasers while waiting
:CWL::CWL::CWL::CWL::CWL:

I tig once a week without my welding helmet to maintain that winter vacation glow & tan.

Sponsored

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, R2 res, Tesla S, 3, X, Y, Cybertruck
Occupation
Upgrading Electric Vehicles
Clubs

yes, videos in the works! Will post before we ship anything. I can't see any reason for an issue with service...these parts are easy to install, and just as easy to remove (if needed).

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
yes, videos in the works! Will post before we ship anything. I can't see any reason for an issue with service...these parts are easy to install, and just as easy to remove (if needed).
@EV Sportline Thanks for committing to creating and posting an installation video. Once I see the installation process and a few of these in customer hands, I'll be making my purchase.

Last edited:

ButchSF

First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, VW e-Golf
Ordered the running boards with the rock sliders! Excited to see them installed. Thanks for the careful design and the testing you will be doing.

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

Mine are on order, still hoping they make it by Xmas. My "jewels" will certainly appreciate them. I feel like I lessen my chances of having kids each time I slide out of the truck!
Sponsored