Sponsored

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

not sure what kind of transparency folks are looking for here. what other vendor tells you what batch you are? just the fact they are on here answering questions is more than most would do. have some patience and wait. im sure they are working as fast as they can or cancel your order and move on. sheesh.
Sponsored

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
not sure what kind of transparency folks are looking for here. what other vendor tells you what batch you are? just the fact they are on here answering questions is more than most would do. have some patience and wait. im sure they are working as fast as they can or cancel your order and move on. sheesh.
Some people live in their own distorted world where anything less than instant communication and gratification equals poor customer service. No vendor has any obligation to tell customers their production batch sizes, etc. but that is the expectation here by some. Yes, if you don’t like it, move on. Whining makes you look like a child.
Rivian R1T R1S Introducing RMaxx Running Boards & Rock Sliders for Rivian R1T / R1S from Team 1EV 1686104452783

teddyang

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adeventure Edition, RB, BM, 21"
Clubs

More transparency like telling us if things are delayed instead of saying “soon” for months on end. Like I said before they’ve communicated that they’ve been shipping, but I haven’t seen any posts/reviews at all. It’s possible that the first people to buy aren’t the type to post, but I don’t think very likely…

aconfusedazn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Some people live in their own distorted world where anything less than instant communication and gratification equals poor customer service. No vendor has any obligation to tell customers their production batch sizes, etc. but that is the expectation here.
How about those that have been promised numerous dates since November?

Sponsored

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
How about those that have been promised numerous dates since November?
if you don’t like the service, move on. Being given numerous dates still does not justify demanding to know the production rate, batch size, etc.

Analogy: If you have slow service at a restaurant after ordering a steak, do you demand to know the size of the grill and how many steaks they can cook at one time?

johnstuder

First Name
JOhn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A6, Pacifica Hybrid
Clubs

Email [email protected], they will respond with a shipping estimate based on your order.
Last time I did, this was the answer
"Thanks for reaching out.

Our R1T rock sliders are currently in production for our first batch and we expect to begin shipping these out within the next few weeks!

We greatly appreciate your continued patience!"

So emailing has not proven to be that helpful. My order was placed the first few days when they went online in Nov. It just gets frustrating when that email from mid may was about the third time the product would be shipping soon or in a few weeks. I would prefer an honest "no eta, hoping to have them shipping next month, but may be 2-4 months out." But as others have mentioned, messaging has been we are weeks away since December.

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
More transparency like telling us if things are delayed instead of saying “soon” for months on end. Like I said before they’ve communicated that they’ve been shipping, but I haven’t seen any posts/reviews at all. It’s possible that the first people to buy aren’t the type to post, but I don’t think very likely…
Over 20,000 R1Ts have been built. Maybe they have shipped 20 sets so far. It’s entirely possible that those 20 people don’t even know that rivianforums.com exists. The lack of reviews online is no indicator that they have not shipped any product, given the number of vehicles produced.

teddyang

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adeventure Edition, RB, BM, 21"
Clubs

Over 20,000 R1Ts have been built. Maybe they have shipped 20 sets so far. It’s entirely possible that those 20 people don’t even know that rivianforums.com exists. The lack of reviews online is no indicator that they have not shipped any product, given the number of vehicles produced.
like i said it's very possible, but if i'm not mistaken these were pretty much advertised on this forum and other social media first so i would think we would've heard something by now. When the running boards (R1T and R1S) started shipping we got a deluge of ppl announcing they got tracking and reviews shortly thereafter.

in regards to your slow steak at a restaurant analogy, sure you're not entitled to information about batch size etc, but if it was taking forever for your steak to come out you'd at least expect some transparency from your waiter that the kitchen is backed up or other reason etc. As other's have said, we've been told "soon" and "next month" or we're "weeks away" for a few months now. As i said before most ppl are happy waiting because as evsportline like to say they're product is the best (which i'm in agreement with). But if it's delayed, definitively say so. The most definitive thing i've received in a response via e-mail was they were still waiting for another sample run and would ship soon. I got that response even as on the forums and facebook they were claiming sliders were shipping. That's just incongruent communication and confusing for customers.

Last edited:

aconfusedazn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
if you don’t like the service, move on. Being given numerous dates still does not justify demanding to know the production rate, batch size, etc.

Analogy: If you have slow service at a restaurant after ordering a steak, do you demand to know the size of the grill and how many steaks they can cook at one time?
If we’re making analogies, one would expect the restaurant waiter to give accurate descriptions of what they have and how long it takes to prepare the food. This is like:

“Oh I’d like the veal”
“sure”
“What’s taking so long”
“The cows are still mating, it’ll be 2 weeks”

Sponsored

baurat88

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
im about to order one before the discount pricing is over, BUT..... do they charge my card at the time i place my order or once it ships?
Sponsored