First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Rivian says " Every Rivian preorder holder will be paired with a dedicated Rivian Guide who will serve as your single point of contact from the moment your vehicle enters our production queue, for as long as you own your Rivian."
When I bought my Volt the first month that GM made them I was assigned customer support person. That person changed constantly over the few years that the support was offered. Then the personalized support disappeared. And then they stopped making Volts.
I have a feeling that Rivian's single point contact may not be available in another decade. They may be over-promising a bit.
Nothing really is forever, I recall a few decades ago when Net Zero had a claim that they would provide free internet forever. According to Auto Trader the average time someone keeps a car is 6 years so for the most part, this model will probably hold true for the majority of the early adopters of Rivian vehicles. They are saying preorder holders so it is a limited customer base in scope.
Sponsored

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
I want to start by saying I truly appreciate Rivian sharing this new information with us. seems like a very customer centric approach.

Now, I think this basically guarantees we won’t get much, if any, new info on the vehicles until May.

All responses from CS are going to transition from “soon” etc., to “Your Rivian Guide will be happy to share the details with you once they reach out. This will start in May, but will take quite some time for them to reach all preorder holders”

I hope I’m wrong.

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
Now, I think this basically guarantees we won’t get much, if any, new info on the vehicles until May.
I Think that you are incorrect. What it means is that most questions about the R1T will be answered by May.

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Check out the slick catch design for the middle seat...how the heck did he notice that?!?

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
"Guide" sounds like a rebranding of "Customer Support Representative." It'd be trivial to route all calls, texts, and emails from a known contact, or set of contacts, to a specific rep.

Don't get me wrong , it sounds like a great way for them to interact with their LE customers, but technically it's not novel.
Few companies have CSRs that are well trained enough (and have enough access) to be a true single-point-of-contact. Generally they’ll handle common tasks but then would have to transfer for specific tasks. It sounds like Rivian wants to scrap that typical experience and instead have a true concierge that will be extremely well educated on the product and then have direct access to subject matter experts within the company to help with edge-cases. And instead of passing you off to a supervisor, another department, or SME, the guide will do the research, talk to the right people, then follow-up directly with you... So you can reduce the “game of telephone” that can occur where your request gets mangled as it’s passed around.

In essence, yes, it’s just a fancy CSR... But I appreciate there is a nuanced difference, and that what Rivian seems to be trying to achieve is definitely more premium.

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Nissan Leaf, 2009 Toyota Prius
Occupation
IT Manager
My biggest take away here is my scripts are working for noticing changes on their website ? because I just assumed it was all broken up until now LOL.
And probably better than the automated email I just got from Disney+ that listed my previous subscription price at the same as the new price. Either that or it was just worded weird. Or both.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I want to start by saying I truly appreciate Rivian sharing this new information with us. seems like a very customer centric approach.

All responses from CS are going to transition from “soon” etc., to “Your Rivian Guide will be happy to share the details with you once they reach out. This will start in May, but will take quite some time for them to reach all preorder holders”

I hope I’m wrong.
Honestly, I’d be okay with that answer. I hate how non-committal “soon” is. If they said “We will release everything in Early May” then I would accept that and sit quietly, albeit anxiously, for May.

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager
Check out the slick catch design for the middle seat...how the heck did he notice that?!?

So a folding Bar? Where would I hang my New Car Scent Air Fresheners when the one seat is down?

Sponsored

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager
Also maybe I am sipping too much deepstate tea and I am noticing subliminal things, all these colors of shirts and backgrounds 0_o

vlcsnap-2021-03-12-13h45m05s152.png

vlcsnap-2021-03-12-13h45m10s849.png

vlcsnap-2021-03-12-13h45m21s367.png

vlcsnap-2021-03-12-13h45m27s035.png

vlcsnap-2021-03-12-13h45m31s878.png

vlcsnap-2021-03-12-13h45m37s615.png

vlcsnap-2021-03-12-13h45m42s851.png
The Game is afoot! (No...it's a Game...it simply cannot be a foot.)

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager
I hope it ain't no lie, and time to buy buy buy ...
I see you and I'll raise you the main theme of the @Jsidell 's meme...from RJ's Perspective...to all the haters, doubters, questioners, control freaks, and...regarding every other automaker that has existed...ever...

"Every little thing I do
Never seems enough for you
You don't want to lose it again
But I'm not like them
Baby, when you finally
Get to love somebody
Guess what
It's gonna be me"

?

Hmp10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla Model S P90D; 2018 Honda Odyssey
I'm an early reservation holder who sent Rivian a brief email three days ago asking if there would be an opportunity to view a Rivian and color samples anywhere in Florida before having to do final order configuration. There has been no answer.

I guess I'll have to wait until May to meet my "guide" to find out.

twinprice

First Name
Winston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yukon XL Denali, Tesla Model Y, and LE RS1 - Hopefully!
Clubs

That is a pretty impressive design feature and really shows the innovative thinking going on in Normal! So much better than my wife’s Model Y that has a fixed bar similar to what was initially on the the R1S. Bravo Rivian! (And that was amazing that he noticed that in the video)

R1S Maineiac

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Volvo CX90 Recharge PHEV
Occupation
Medically retired 8/27/21
this is cool and all.... But what about trade-ins, delivery, and service?
Sponsored