Sponsored

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470
My biggest take away here is my scripts are working for noticing changes on their website ? because I just assumed it was all broken up until now LOL.
Ha, I was going to post and specifically ask you about it when I saw this thread :)

----

The most important thing is we now have a timeline. We should expect contact in May. Details may trickle out sooner, but May is when things will start being finalized, and not before that. That's good enough for me.

Aside from that, I really like this program. We'll see how well it scales, but I'm sure it is more efficient than opening 1,000 dealers across the nation, so from a business perspective, they're still way ahead of the game. I'm really glad to see this announcement.
Sponsored

staples

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Zero FXS, Tesla Y
Clubs

"Guide" sounds like a rebranding of "Customer Support Representative." It'd be trivial to route all calls, texts, and emails from a known contact, or set of contacts, to a specific rep.

Don't get me wrong , it sounds like a great way for them to interact with their LE customers, but technically it's not novel.

U100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Rivian R1T R1S Introducing Rivian Guides Program: A dedicated Guide for your entire Rivian ownership 0F11EBE8-11D8-43CE-A804-B370A3D53607

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
"Guide" sounds like a rebranding of "Customer Support Representative." It'd be trivial to route all calls, texts, and emails from a known contact, or set of contacts, to a specific rep.

Don't get me wrong , it sounds like a great way for them to interact with their LE customers, but technically it's not novel.
I would have preferred something a little bit more on the nose, like Rivian Rangers. :CWL:

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Can't wait to ask my Rivian Guide when I get to test drive the vehicle.

Sponsored

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Yea I mean its cool that they announced it but we wouldn't really need any CS reps if we had details for the most part. Also they keep on mentioning configuration options etc, LE its basically if you want camp kitchen and what wheels/tires and colors.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Yea I mean its cool that they announced it but we wouldn't really need any CS reps if we had details for the most part. Also they keep on mentioning configuration options etc, LE its basically if you want camp kitchen and what wheels/tires and colors.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The things you mention are all pre-purchase. Keep in mind they will support us post-purchase as well. Also keep in mind that Rivian will have additional new customers in the future who won't have been following the brand for 2+ years like many of us here.

whyasky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
I mean its cool that they announced it but we wouldn't really need any CS reps if we had details for the most part. Also they keep on mentioning configuration options etc, LE its basically if you want camp kitchen and what wheels/tires and colors.
I imagine they'll have to offer cross bars and, gasp, steps or tubes of some sort. Right? Maybe?

But don't worry, your guide will get you information on that very soon.

805Badger

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Model X
Occupation
Physicist
The things you mention are all pre-purchase. Keep in mind they will support us post-purchase as well. Also keep in mind that Rivian will have additional new customers in the future who won't have been following the brand for 2+ years like many of us here.

I for one am thrilled by this, a single point of contact? YES please. Beats the heck out of Tesla's current model of using the app for all communication and if you want to talk to someone at the actual service center calling and asking for sales, and then having them transfer you, unless you are lucky enough to know the extension of the service department and they don't change it. I'll take a guide any day

Sponsored

EyeOnRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X, Mitsubishi Endeavor. Pre-order: R1S LE
Exactly. As RJ said in the video, the "entire ownership process." E.g. discussing particulars of their purchasing options, delivery, trade-ins, vehicle options that become available not only before purchase but after, servicing and maintenance, providing feedback, etc. I would go as far to say probably just about any topic this forum has identified could be a valid topic to discuss with your guide.

I'm 100% behind this "idea" ... until they prove to me otherwise, meaning how well Rivian executes this program including the effectiveness of the assigned guide. (Hmm, that brings me to my first question, can we ask for a new guide if we're not satisfied with the one that was assigned? ... Ehh, that can wait. First things, first, and that's to get the program up and running.)

Mark K

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Volt
Occupation
Retired
Rivian says " Every Rivian preorder holder will be paired with a dedicated Rivian Guide who will serve as your single point of contact from the moment your vehicle enters our production queue, for as long as you own your Rivian."
When I bought my Volt the first month that GM made them I was assigned customer support person. That person changed constantly over the few years that the support was offered. Then the personalized support disappeared. And then they stopped making Volts.
I have a feeling that Rivian's single point contact may not be available in another decade. They may be over-promising a bit.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Got an email just now from Rivian introducing this "Rivian Guides" program... for a very brief moment my heart fluttered at the sight of email from Rivian. :involve: :brokenhearted:

NorthernOak

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Clubs

I have a feeling that Rivian's single point contact may not be available in another decade. They may be over-promising a bit.
Eh, they can't see that far into the future of course but I don't really care about 10 years down the line. It's a good "idea" and concept that should serve them well for the first few years. Provides good PR and makes the customer feel special and confident knowing they have an actual person at the company to talk to. Hopefully Rivian and us as owners see good success in the program and they in turn continue to invest and scale it.
Sponsored