First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Volt
Occupation
Retired
It’s “You’re Welcome”, not “Your Welcome” kanumdrum, but “Your grammar is shitty” is proper! Ha!
I'm impressed with how few grammar errors there have been in this forum. Even kanundrum (sp?) who has typed thousands of words has gotten it right most of the time.
I am easily distracted by malaprops where the poster does not know the difference between stopping and damaging something; or letting something go and and not being able to find it. I prefer to be able to focus on the content of the post and not on the incompetence of the one who has typed the post.

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Nissan Leaf, 2009 Toyota Prius
Occupation
IT Manager
Few companies have CSRs that are well trained enough (and have enough access) to be a true single-point-of-contact. Generally they’ll handle common tasks but then would have to transfer for specific tasks. It sounds like Rivian wants to scrap that typical experience and instead have a true concierge that will be extremely well educated on the product and then have direct access to subject matter experts within the company to help with edge-cases. And instead of passing you off to a supervisor, another department, or SME, the guide will do the research, talk to the right people, then follow-up directly with you... So you can reduce the “game of telephone” that can occur where your request gets mangled as it’s passed around.

In essence, yes, it’s just a fancy CSR... But I appreciate there is a nuanced difference, and that what Rivian seems to be trying to achieve is definitely more premium.
We have created a new term for the industry....not CSR...ASR...

Because we are all Awesome. They are providing Awesome Service. Much like the heralded Tesla Service 'Rangers' like a bunch of Aragorns roaming around saving the world.

Guide's of House Awesomesause will rule supreme.

Drterreur

First Name
Francois
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model3 Dual motor
Occupation
Healthcare
I'm impressed with how few grammar errors there have been in this forum.
Yes indeed. Grammar errors are rare, most likely because I have less than 10 posts...

Sponsored

Drterreur

First Name
Francois
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model3 Dual motor
Occupation
Healthcare
Ok, you got me :blush:. I'm French and learning a little bit more everyday.

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Remember this shot from the website, looked like launch green, but a few hints that it was a render? I think someone caught some blue on the side view mirror, and there were similar shots of a blue truck in the same setting.
R1T Launch Green.jpg

From the guides video:
Blue R1T clip 1.JPG

Blue R1T clip 2.JPG

I couldn't find the exact same angle, but look at his hand on the steering wheel, and the position of the sun in the rocks. Pretty sure this is the source of that render.

I'm obviously just bored... couldn't think of anything else to do at 6am on a Saturday morning.
Agree this looks like the same truck. I posted the zoomed-in image of the "Launch Green" photo that appeared to still have some Rivian Blue on the side-view mirror. I still believe the "Launch Green" photo they posted was just a Rivian Blue R1T that was photoshopped to look Launch Green.

I also believe this is the same truck that is shown in the video in the configurator at 25-28 seconds. In that video, you can clearly see this truck come out of the shadows and that its Rivian Blue.

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Can't wait to ask my Rivian Guide when I get to test drive the vehicle.
..... upon its delivery! ;)
I know this is a joke, but I am still hopeful that Rivian has a plan for test drives, and we will get more information before these Rivian Guides "activate" in May.

In the video inside the configurator, R.J. states "Over the new few months we have a lot more coming. We're gonna start talking about our service network, our charging network -- what we call our Rivian Adventure Network, the way we will be distributing vehicles, how we'll do test drives, all of that to come."

We are now almost exactly four months from when this video went live on their website, and Rivian has yet to provide any more information on any of these topics R.J. mentioned.
Sponsored