Sponsored

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Few companies have CSRs that are well trained enough (and have enough access) to be a true single-point-of-contact. Generally they’ll handle common tasks but then would have to transfer for specific tasks. It sounds like Rivian wants to scrap that typical experience and instead have a true concierge that will be extremely well educated on the product and then have direct access to subject matter experts within the company to help with edge-cases. And instead of passing you off to a supervisor, another department, or SME, the guide will do the research, talk to the right people, then follow-up directly with you... So you can reduce the “game of telephone” that can occur where your request gets mangled as it’s passed around.

In essence, yes, it’s just a fancy CSR... But I appreciate there is a nuanced difference, and that what Rivian seems to be trying to achieve is definitely more premium.
T-Mobile is another company that has transitioned to a similar model of customer service. You call, there's one person, you explain your problem to them, and they try to solve the issue or do their own research/contacting their colleagues before following back up with you. It's always that one point of contact, no transfers and having to re-explain the issue. Good model IMO.
Sponsored

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

T-Mobile is another company that has transitioned to a similar model of customer service. You call, there's one person, you explain your problem to them, and they try to solve the issue or do their own research/contacting their colleagues before following back up with you. It's always that one point of contact, no transfers and having to re-explain the issue. Good model IMO.
Your welcome ;)

Mjhirsch78

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey became an R1T: MAGIC!
Occupation
Teacher
Also maybe I am sipping too much deepstate tea and I am noticing subliminal things, all these colors of shirts and backgrounds 0_o

vlcsnap-2021-03-12-13h45m05s152.png

vlcsnap-2021-03-12-13h45m10s849.png

vlcsnap-2021-03-12-13h45m21s367.png

vlcsnap-2021-03-12-13h45m27s035.png

vlcsnap-2021-03-12-13h45m31s878.png

vlcsnap-2021-03-12-13h45m37s615.png

vlcsnap-2021-03-12-13h45m42s851.png
What color appears the most here? Hmm. Could it be? Team Yellow Baby!

kyunam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 LS 400, 2023 Rivian R1S
Occupation
not sure what I'm doing
Clubs

• A little square by the handle in the ceiling (I assume it's a speaker), it comes as black color in ocean coast and silver color in forest edge?
  • As for the headrest, will it go up and down?

riviak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
Check out the slick catch design for the middle seat...how the heck did he notice that?!?

I hope and think this bodes well for the 6 seat configuration crowd. Why over-engineer this retractable bar if the whole 2nd row middle seat were not removable for ingress to 3rd row? Now kiddos won’t get injured moving through to 3rd row.

Sponsored

Dlcromwell

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1973 VW Thing, 2020 Honda Passport, 2000 Silverado
Occupation
Retired
"Guide" sounds like a rebranding of "Customer Support Representative." It'd be trivial to route all calls, texts, and emails from a known contact, or set of contacts, to a specific rep.

Don't get me wrong , it sounds like a great way for them to interact with their LE customers, but technically it's not novel.
It would be great if they provided a list of Guides to chose from with bios, pictures, etc. It is always nice to put a face with a name.

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
This is great news - another step closer to my R1T!
It does make me suspect that June deliveries will be limited if they are just beginning to finalize orders in May...
Maybe not. I did a tour of the BMW Mini factory in England about 8 years ago. They said their order fullfillment systems were so tightly integrated that they allowed final order changes 3 or 4 weeks prior to assembly, as I recall. The constraint? The dashboard - they are built by a supplier nearby, who needed a two week lead time to build the dashboard based on the ordered options.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I hope and think this bodes well for the 6 seat configuration crowd. Why over-engineer this retractable bar if the whole 2nd row middle seat were not removable for ingress to 3rd row? Now kiddos won’t get injured moving through to 3rd row.
I wouldn't get my hopes up. Seems more like a way to ensure longer passthrough cargo doesn't snag. If anything, the interconnect with the center section would increase the complexity of removal making a 6 seat config less likely. For the sake of the folks wishing for a 6 seater, I hope to be proven wrong.

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
This is great news - another step closer to my R1T!
It does make me suspect that June deliveries will be limited if they are just beginning to finalize orders in May...
Maybe not. I did a tour of the BMW Mini factory in England about 8 years ago. They said their order fullfillment systems were so tightly integrated that they allowed final order changes 3 or 4 weeks prior to assembly, as I recall. The constraint? The dashboard - they are built by a supplier nearby, who needed a two week lead time to build the dashboard based on the ordered options.
Of course June deliveries are going to be limited.
But Rivian knows they will be building LE spec R1Ts with the only options being interior and exterior color, plus what wheels they bolt on. Installing accessories like a camp kitchen or racks, etc will likely be done as needed and not on the actual line.

I don't believe a lot of notice will be needed.

Sully151

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Jeep JkU
Occupation
Theater arts
It would be great if they provided a list of Guides to chose from with bios, pictures, etc. It is always nice to put a face with a name.
I was thinking it would be cool if they asked us what we were interested in and how we plan on using our Rivian.

I enjoy riding Mountain Bikes, camping, etc. and I will use my Rivian to do that. How awesome would it be if our guides had similar interests!

Sponsored

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

It’s “You’re Welcome”, not “Your Welcome” kanumdrum, but “Your grammar is shitty” is proper! Ha!
Sometimes autocorrect gets the best of me lol ?.

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470
Remember this shot from the website, looked like launch green, but a few hints that it was a render? I think someone caught some blue on the side view mirror, and there were similar shots of a blue truck in the same setting.
Rivian R1T R1S Introducing Rivian Guides Program: A dedicated Guide for your entire Rivian ownership R1T Launch Green

From the guides video:
Rivian R1T R1S Introducing Rivian Guides Program: A dedicated Guide for your entire Rivian ownership Blue R1T clip 1.JPG

Rivian R1T R1S Introducing Rivian Guides Program: A dedicated Guide for your entire Rivian ownership Blue R1T clip 2.JPG

I couldn't find the exact same angle, but look at his hand on the steering wheel, and the position of the sun in the rocks. Pretty sure this is the source of that render.

I'm obviously just bored... couldn't think of anything else to do at 6am on a Saturday morning.

Reed

First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Toyota Tacoma, March/24 Reservation for R2
Occupation
Retired
Pretty soon, these guides will be at your door selling boxes of little R1t and R1s shaped cookies.
Sponsored