RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
The truck loses internet connectivity and will seemingly not reestablish it until two button steering wheel reset.

It's happened twice to me now, both times in a rural area when driving between two population centers - Pittsburgh and Cleveland. I figured it out the second time - sat imagery for the map stopped loading, hot sport stopped working, Alexa became unresponsive ("Something went wrong"), and Driver+ ceased functioning by reporting that it was, "unavailable on this road".

LTE coverage indicator never dropped below two bars.

Turning the car off, getting out, and locking it didn't help. Letting it sit for quite sometime didn't help. Reset immediately fixed the issue. You can't reset while you're driving though (like in a Tesla) so you have to pull over, make it happen, and hope that it works.

I've logged a ticket for it. So far, no response, which is excellent. /s
Sponsored

Christopher

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

This happened to me once and I had to do the same reset. It's been about a week without issues now. I did notice that when this was happening that the Wi-Fi hotspot was not working and when I went to toggle it on within 2 seconds it would toggle back off.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla XLR+2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, R1T
Occupation
EE Retired
I did notice that when this was happening that the Wi-Fi hotspot was not working and when I went to toggle it on within 2 seconds it would toggle back off.
How could the hot spot work if not connected to a tower?

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Mine does this, it eventually reconnects on its own, but it would be nice to have an infotainment reset I could do while driving.

Christopher

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

How could the hot spot work if not connected to a tower?
Hotspots will continue broadcasting their SSID even if there is no cell signal to allow devices to remain connected during periods of intermittent signal, rather then the device having to disconnect and reconnect to WiFi. (same concept at home when your internet goes out you still have a WiFi connection to our router) Regardless of that, there was full signal as indicated on the screen and in my particular instance Spotify was the only thing working so it was receiving data, just the HotSpot would not work and would keep toggling off.
Sponsored