First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2001 Mustang GT convertible
Occupation
Professor, consultant, farmer
I’m leaning towards double green if it’s offered. I really like the Forest Edge interior. Not a huge fan of the silver exterior, excited to see what other exteriors are offered with Forest Edge.

TXKidd

First Name
Harrison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, R1T pre-order
Photo cred ;) Still hoping for maybe a few more interior color combos.

RivianKnight

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 535 2016 Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Developer
Sadly, I can't buy a Rivian sight unseen with these color choices. I really hope, hope, hope it is my monitor. On my screen that green is ugly. Looks like lichen instead of like leaves. And it will only match green, black or white exteriors.

It's possible I can go with the Lunar Rock, but I don't want to.

Please give us pretty interior colors instead of 'fashion designer' color schemes!
I’m struggling with pulling the trigger sight unseen as well. If they can have fans at football games, Rivian can do roadshows.

davrow_R1T

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Toyota Siennas
RivianKnight, won't help you any, but they are talking about converting an old theater in Laguna Beach into a showroom. 1 hr 49 min from me according to Google maps. I sure hope they follow through with that. :)

article

Last edited:

Sponsored

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
I’m struggling with pulling the trigger sight unseen as well. If they can have fans at football games, Rivian can do roadshows.
If you wanted to go to your local football stadium and look at the vehicle sitting in the middle of the field from your seats, otherwise you would have to wait in an extremely long line six feet from every one else waiting for your turn to look at the vehicle.

davrow_R1T

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Toyota Siennas
Anyone notice "Lunar Rock" interior is now "Ocean Coast"? Same colors as far as I can tell, just a marketing name change.

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Explorer Limited, 2015 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

Yea, noticed that. I couldn't tell if it was blueish or not. Looking back in the cabin it appears gray, from the back seat it appears a little blue. I'm a little confused by the colors. I see the black and the ocean/ash, but I didn't see the green/ash.

davrow_R1T

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Toyota Siennas
Yea, noticed that. I couldn't tell if it was blueish or not. Looking back in the cabin it appears gray, from the back seat it appears a little blue. I'm a little confused by the colors. I see the black and the ocean/ash, but I didn't see the green/ash.
All three are ash, just with varying stains applied. Green seats only comes with dark brown wood.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Anyone notice "Lunar Rock" interior is now "Ocean Coast"? Same colors as far as I can tell, just a marketing name change.
Wonder if that had anything to do with Hummer's extensive lunar references / easter eggs?

Sponsored

Jehorton

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
Wonder if that had anything to do with Hummer's extensive lunar references / easter eggs?
Or lunar rock already a color used by Toyota.

Harvest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, Rivian R1T Adventure Forest Green
Occupation
agriculture
I really like the Forest Edge interior, though would be interested in a tan option, which is what I normally get in my vehicles. So many manufacturers now only offer a black dash regardless of what seat color you get, I like the way Rivian has integrated the sage green color throughout the Forest Edge interior. I'm curious to see once the configurator is live whether you can get the green interior in the Explorer version or if the only option is a black interior in that lower trim level, which would be unfortunate. I know the wood trim goes away with the less expensive Explorer option.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
I really like the Forest Edge interior, though would be interested in a tan option, which is what I normally get in my vehicles. So many manufacturers now only offer a black dash regardless of what seat color you get, I like the way Rivian has integrated the sage green color throughout the Forest Edge interior. I'm curious to see once the configurator is live whether you can get the green interior in the Explorer version or if the only option is a black interior in that lower trim level, which would be unfortunate. I know the wood trim goes away with the less expensive Explorer option.
You can only have Black Mountain or Ocean Coast in the Explore package. Confirmed with Rivian customer service member Katy.

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

The configurator makes Forest Edge look much more green than I recall seeing in the physical samples. I wonder if the color actually changed or it's just an artifact of how it's rendered. At this point I went with Ocean Coast because it's a nice two-tone blend.
Sponsored