First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
So are most Rivian reservation holders not excited to see updates? I think I checked Rivian’s page at least daily. If these web page counters are correct only 5k+ have viewed the Interior update from Thursday. It’s been similar small numbers on other updates. Where is the 40-50k reservation holders?

EA6EA1F5-DAF6-4766-B504-C3D14660EA7C.png
That only counts if you click the like. Most of the time I have clicked it it says reached limit so I just stopped clicking.
Sponsored

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
That only counts if you click the like. Most of the time I have clicked it it says reached limit so I just stopped clicking.
I haven’t clicked the like and it changes each time

Sully151

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Jeep JkU
Occupation
Theater arts

Yup, me too.

Gerolsteiner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y
Occupation
Renewable Energy
They designed that open area for my wife’s purse and all women’s purses at all times while in the R1T. No need to thank me for giving the engineers their marching orders, ladies.
Exactly this; clearly so few cars really designed with women in mind, per my wife. This isn’t Volvo purse hooks good, but is very welcome for her.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Yup, me too.
interesting, I’ve never seen it change no matter how many times I go in. When I click like I get this…. I suppose it is keeping track of who connects to only count unique views but then it should say views as I never provided feedback.

Rivian R1T R1S INTERIOR feature / details just posted at Rivian.com 0BD0767B-314C-49C7-ADBB-D3A02DFD31D5

Sponsored

schwartz83

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Manager
Annie,

Thank you for your kind words! You just made my day! ?
I just now caught your note as some friends and I made the sojourn this morning to Eugene for the U.S. Olympic Track & Field Trials.

Our new Hayward Field stadium at the University of Oregon is world class and will host the World Games next year for the first time on U.S. soil. It looks more Sci-Fi than the CyberTruck. The difference is, it really exists.

20210618_153206.jpg

Looking forward to meeting one day!

Be well and have a great week!
Wave! We're watching.

simpsonhomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Model S Plaid
Has Rivian officially confirmed a 360-degree / bird's-eye-view camera for parking? Or blind spot monitors?

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Wave! We're watching.
My arms are sore from waving (and clapping)!

Day 1 of 8:

First World Record of the Trials. Ryan Crouser crushed the 31-year old record by almost ten inches. He's a native Oregonian and a proud Texas Longhorn. Now, he's heading to the Tokyo Olympics to defend his Gold Medal performance in Rio. Awesome performance, Ryan!

The Crouser family is Track Royalty in Oregon and they were there to witness Ryan's performance and celebrate it with him. Magical to watch!
Rivian R1T R1S INTERIOR feature / details just posted at Rivian.com 20210618_192357

Sorry to hijack this thread, but that was an amazing performance! If it doesn't make the top of the heap on Sports Center's Top Ten tonight, the ESP in ESPN will be revealed as standing for Especially Stupid People.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled programming....

Sponsored

RforRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 4Runner, 2014 Equinox
Does anyone know what these are?

What does this do?.jpg
Those are some of the yellow accents that come with the Adventure Package. As far far as I'm aware they have no functional purpose.

EV-X Oregon

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Volvo XC 60, BWM X5, Honda Odessey
Occupation
Principal Real Estate Broker
Those are some of the yellow accents that come with the Adventure Package. As far far as I'm aware they have no functional purpose.
Darn… just thinking surround sound speakers, or noise cancellation would be cool.

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Does anyone know what these are?

What does this do?.jpg
There is no evidence that there will be noise cancellation for driver and passengers. I think some have gotten hopeful about it being a feature, but I don't think it will be. Read the wording carefully:

While there’s no engine noise to contend with, an integrated beam-forming mic array in the headliner still offers noise reduction and echo cancellation during phone calls in noisy environments or when the windows are down.
I think the mics are for reducing noise for people on the other end of the call, not for active noise cancellation inside the Rivian itself. There are also no mentions of noise cancellation on the Meridian pages for the R1T and R1S.

Jaguar-Land Rover uses Meridian audio but is using a separate chip from Silentium to provide the processing needed for ANC. I don't think Meridian has the tech to do it on their own, and Rivian would need to add their own processing or add a chip like the Silentium ones that JLR is using. Since they're not talking about it, I assume it will not be a Rivian feature.

EV-X Oregon

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Volvo XC 60, BWM X5, Honda Odessey
Occupation
Principal Real Estate Broker
My hope is that this Meridian sounds as good or better than the Bowers system found in Volvo’s XC90 and XC60… I’d be very pleased if that it the case!

Amdolan

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Durango
There is no evidence that there will be noise cancellation for driver and passengers. I think some have gotten hopeful about it being a feature, but I don't think it will be. Read the wording carefully:

I think the mics are for reducing noise for people on the other end of the call, not for active noise cancellation inside the Rivian itself. There are also no mentions of noise cancellation on the Meridian pages for the R1T and R1S.

Jaguar-Land Rover uses Meridian audio but is using a separate chip from Silentium to provide the processing needed for ANC. I don't think Meridian has the tech to do it on their own, and Rivian would need to add their own processing or add a chip like the Silentium ones that JLR is using. Since they're not talking about it, I assume it will not be a Rivian feature.
I’m not an audiophile, but it sounds like a combination of the different technologies provided by Meridian essentially perform the function of noise cancellation. Specifically looking at the intelli-q and re-q.

https://www.meridian-audio.com/abou...-meridian-audio-for-electric-suvs-and-trucks/
Sponsored