Sponsored

Diddy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
That's what I was suggesting someone with a guide to do. This seems ripe for a guide to walk out and take some pictures in one of their trucks that's in the factory.
That's certainly what it sounded like Guides would be able to do. But so far, they've not been allowed to perform any activities nor provide any more information than the normal CS folks...which is to say...nothing.
Sponsored

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Lightning Standard
Because they are not ready. I assume they are delayed 3-6 months on deliveries and that Oct-Nov will be the real beginning of deliveries with LE deliveries finishing up after July/Aug 2022. A few hundred Vehicles will get delivered before Oct. Why they don’t just announce that is the big question. It appears that most people, at this point, will put up with the later deliveries as there is still no other choice.

I personally don't care if they are delayed or not. What I think is a bit odd is that this Truck has been ~95% complete for at least 2 years and yet we can't get a decent basic walk around. The best "close-up" view of the R1t is still from April 2019. Ford gave plenty of people access to their prototype pretty much week of announcement for a Truck that isn't shipping for a full year.

How is Rivian supposed to be releasing a truck a couple of weeks or months, when they seemingly cannot show it off to anyone?

GaryL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Silverado 3500
Occupation
Farm
As an engineer we (the software industry) frequently hide Easter eggs in our products and advertising efforts. Like how every Apple hardware announcement uses the same time (9:42), how every android announcement has encoded information in the timestamp on device screenshots (they even make it so developers can force a specific time on their device for this type of thing, not sure if iOS does).

My money is on that November 28, 2019 has some significant importance to Rivian. More broadly applicable to the whole electric car industry this was the date that European parliament declared a climate emergency likely igniting the industry and funding of more sustainable energy sources and use products.
I'll go with Occam's Razor. Old Photo.

luriaj

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5, Datsun 269Z
As an engineer we (the software industry) frequently hide Easter eggs in our products and advertising efforts. Like how every Apple hardware announcement uses the same time (9:42), how every android announcement has encoded information in the timestamp on device screenshots (they even make it so developers can force a specific time on their device for this type of thing, not sure if iOS does).

My money is on that November 28, 2019 has some significant importance to Rivian. More broadly applicable to the whole electric car industry this was the date that European parliament declared a climate emergency likely igniting the industry and funding of more sustainable energy sources and use products.

I think it refers to 11/2028...the month and year the first truck will be released!

JeremyMKE

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna, 2001 Yamaha Vino, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Riviot
I think you identified something very important for adult seating position comfort: seat height above the floor.

We have a 2012 vehicle with legroom 42.1 in. F /39.0 in. R which has a much more comfortable seating position to me than our 2005 vehicle had with legroom 43.1 in. F / 38.7 in. R. This is because the 2012’s rear seat is higher off the floor than the 2005’s, which was closer to the floor.

In my experience, room and seating position comfort also depend on the build of the person sitting as much as the vehicle layout. If you have someone who is 6’ with 32” legs they may be fine with legroom that is inadequate for someone who is 5’11” with 34” legs.

My hope is that the Rivian will have seating position comfort at least as good as our 2012. I’ll know for sure when we get to test drive… soon.

As a 6'3" individual with a 32" inseam I appreciate you calling this out. I don't fit in a tacoma, nor a Wrangler and this is a concern. Legroom is not really an issue for me. HEADROOM

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
So it sounds like it's not a full-length bin, storage only spans between the center seat and the seat behind the driver. So it could be they standardized on that for all vehicles and in the max pack version of the vehicle the extra battery will simply be tucked up under rear seat that is behind the front passenger seat. Speculation on my part.
The subwoofer is under the back seat on the passenger side.

My money is on that November 28, 2019 has some significant importance to Rivian.
Definitely a planted date, the key slot in the console is new. My guess is that someone likes Thanksgiving or that specific day/holiday held significance to them for some reason.

OP
OP
lambo

lambo

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, Kia Niro EV
Occupation
Software
Agreed. The wallpaper appears to be the same wallpaper that came with iPhone 11 when it was released in 2019.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Agreed. The wallpaper appears to be the same wallpaper that came with iPhone 11 when it was released in 2019.
Let's be honest, they weren't taking marketing photos on Thanksgiving.

RforRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 4Runner, 2014 Equinox
I am very disappointed by how every thread on this forum for the past few weeks has seemed devolve into non-helpful banter and whining about increasingly pointless details. It seems that no matter how much information Rivian provides, people here always want more. I haven't been on this forum but for about a year but I feel like most of the productive conversation and interesting speculation has ended and conversations in general have been devolving recently. At the rate things are going it won't be long until people here are asking about how much the floor mats weigh and complaining about Rivian not showing the range of articulation in the side view mirrors.

Everyone here is excited and passionate about this company (otherwise we wouldn't be on here discussing it). This Forum is one of the main places people come once they have pre-ordered and want to join an online community of people that are as excited as they are. When I found this forum there were a lot of people still dissecting everything about these vehicles. This was cool at the time but now we know so much that I think we are at the point where further dissection is not needed and is actually having negative impacts.

Personally I would really like to see posts from people that have been here for a long time sharing what all we know (which is more than we probably realize). Maybe we could also consolidate/reboot some threads to show the important information that might have gotten lost as the thread went off topic. I think this would improve the mood of the forum and hopefully get people excited again for these awesome vehicles.

Eager2own

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Rivian R1T LE
At the rate things are going it won't be long until people here are asking about how much the floor mats weigh and complaining about Rivian not showing the range of articulation in the side view mirrors.
We actually haven’t seen any videos of the folding mirrors in action.

The only explanation I can come up with is that Rivian just now realized that the drag from the mirrors has brought down the forecasted 300+ mile range to barely 120 miles. I bet they are scrambling to figure out how to redesign the mirrors and are just stalling communications so as to avoid disclosing that Rivians won’t be delivered until 2023... and even then the battery will be replaced with a V8 in the frunk.
That’s the only explanation.

Sponsored

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
The only explanation I can come up with is that Rivian just now realized that the drag from the mirrors has brought down the forecasted 300+ mile range to barely 120 miles.
Apparently, you don't have much imagination.

FresherPie

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee, Aventon Aventure

LA Auto Show where it debuted?

Looks like that was 2018, but the date lines up.

loucetios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ, Toyota Spyder, Honda CRV
Occupation
Investor

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

:CWL: ?:CWL:?:CWL: I was waiting to hear from you! I knew you'd have the funniest, most creative response to my noise rant. Just got my computer on this morning and now you've made my day start with a good laugh. :clap::giggle::like:
Annie,

Thank you for your kind words! You just made my day! ?
I just now caught your note as some friends and I made the sojourn this morning to Eugene for the U.S. Olympic Track & Field Trials.

Our new Hayward Field stadium at the University of Oregon is world class and will host the World Games next year for the first time on U.S. soil. It looks more Sci-Fi than the CyberTruck. The difference is, it really exists.

Rivian R1T R1S INTERIOR feature / details just posted at Rivian.com 20210618_153206

Looking forward to meeting one day!

Be well and have a great week!

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
So are most Rivian reservation holders not excited to see updates? I think I checked Rivian’s page at least daily. If these web page counters are correct only 5k+ have viewed the Interior update from Thursday. It’s been similar small numbers on other updates. Where is the 40-50k reservation holders?

Rivian R1T R1S INTERIOR feature / details just posted at Rivian.com EA6EA1F5-DAF6-4766-B504-C3D14660EA7C
Sponsored