LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Did I brain-fart on this or there's no photos of this feature?? (that would be really weird)

Rivian R1T R1S INTERIOR feature / details just posted at Rivian.com caption.PNG
Sponsored

giraffesR1T

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, C3 Corvette
Occupation
IT
Did I brain-fart on this or there's no photos of this feature?? (that would be really weird)

caption.PNG
I didnt see the rear bin either. I'd love to see it. I had them in my Ram and they were handy.

catmandew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S LE, Lexus ES 350, Chevrolet S10
These might not be new details, but I'm very happy to see:
  1. Turn signal & wiper stalks as well as some tactile controls in the steering wheel (I'm not a fan of where Tesla is going with controls in the model 3 & S Plaid) - The photos don't show much detail - stalks likely include high beam toggle & perhaps cruise control?
  2. Beautiful curves in the wood everywhere, especially cradling the central display.
  3. What looks like nice volumes of accessible storage.
Anyone know what the elements (that look like reflectors) are in the sides of the headrests?

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
What's wrong with just leaving it in your pocket?
Eh, they tend to fall out my pocket in between the seat and the console when I’m driving. Just nice to have a spot where I won’t lose it

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

Well nothing new for me. I'm starting to think we're our own worst enemies when it comes to finding stuff out about Rivian's trucks way too early.
I thought the same thing. Then I realized that the stuff I’d seen in the past was prototype or pre-production. They have committed to this and this is what I expect to see during a test drive of a production vehicle. They also seem to be showing finish details we haven’t seen in such detail in earlier pics. Of course I still want more info, though. :)

Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
That front screen with the Climate menu displayed is very Tesla-esque. Good for me personally, but know others might struggle vs traditional vents.
Yes, based on info to date, these touch screen controls are completely inaccessible to my visually impaired wife meaning she can't adjust her own climate zone, seat heater, etc. And it is questionable whether I will even be able to reach the controls on the far right side of the screen while driving. Seat heater controls should hopefully work via Alexa but doubtful the vents can easily be adjusted via Alexa.

Temerarius

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model X, 2018 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
Occupation
Sr. Program Manager
I'm in the same boat as a few folks above, somewhat shocked by the interior size dimensions.

It's wider than my RAM 1500 (barely, but still), but has vastly vastly less hip and shoulder space?
Rivian R1T R1S INTERIOR feature / details just posted at Rivian.com Jack Sparrow is confused about what to major in as well_

I expected the leg room in the back to come down a bit from my RAM, so I'm not too shocked there.

Most everything else looks good to me, though, the under seat storage for the front seats is kinda of a throw away to be honest (not sure what I have in my glove box now that would fit well in there.. maybe some ketchup packets or something.

The rear storage bins are nice, as is the camp speaker.

I will mirror another users question around "other interiors" as I would love to see some more pictures of the other interiors. The Forest green is growing on me, but I'm not sold on the $2k upcharge.

4G in the truck.. don't care, I'll never use it (my phone has several GB of free data at 5G on my current plan, so I'll never use the in truck WiFi).

More info on the media control/infotainment would have been great.

Overall though, I do like the interior quite a bit.

IHScout

First Name
Waid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Expedition
It looks like most people like this feature and, yes, it's great to have a "choice man". BUT, when I'm in a campground and someone decides everyone in the campground wants to listen to THEIR music, IMAO, that is just damn rude DUDE!! They eliminate my choice to listen to nature at that point. Yes, it is a given that when you are around others there will be different choices. But, wouldn't it be more considerate to use earbuds? There is a right place and time for outdoor speakers; tailgatting, large outdoor parties, Rivian gatherings. But, not in locations where most people are there for the quiet. I'm happiest when I can find a nice quiet isolated spot to camp. I'm a grouchy old lady, man, and love my solitude. That's why we NEED the Rivian, so we can way out away from the noise of others. Plus, I didn't get the "choice" of getting this speaker or not. But, I'm okay with it all and will happily sell that speaker to someone that can use it. I just have no use for it.
I too am a grouchy old lady, or so my wife says. But, I do like peace and quiet when I am camping as well. I think this speaker will come in handy on the beach for my use cases. Glad to have options.

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

These might not be new details, but I'm very happy to see:
  1. Turn signal & wiper stalks as well as some tactile controls in the steering wheel (I'm not a fan of where Tesla is going with controls in the model 3 & S Plaid) - The photos don't show much detail - stalks likely include high beam toggle & perhaps cruise control?
  2. Beautiful curves in the wood everywhere, especially cradling the central display.
  3. What looks like nice volumes of accessible storage.
Anyone know what the elements (that look like reflectors) are in the sides of the headrests?
I’m also a fan of tactile controls and I’m glad they kept the turn signal stalk. It looks like there are wiper toggles on that stalk, too.

I’m pretty sure the sides of the headrests have what they refer to as Compass Yellow accents. Maybe purely for aesthetics?

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2000 GMC Sierra
I've had hotspot capabilities in my last three vehicles. It's primarily made for use IN the vehicle (like with a laptop or tablet). I'm not sure how strong of a signal Rivian is going to use, but in my other vehicles you can't go far from the vehicle without losing signal. You could sit on the tailgate and use it, but it's not going to work in your house.

Yes, you have to pay. Whether it's unlimited or not depends on what plan you buy.

Yes, the vehicle has to be "on".
Thank you and for everyone's response. :)

Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Noticed they referred to the front seats as "cooling" when they've stated previously (including in the configurator) they are only "ventilated". I suspect this was just a poor choice of words and/or editing. I don't care either way but people who do may find this misleading.

psyca

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infiniti G37 (IPL), Subaru Crosstrek
I'm also really liking the extra open space in the center. Seems like a great place to store a bag when commuting to/from work if the passenger seat has someone in it - though maybe that is just me and my habit of always putting my backpack in the passenger seat now.

All of this looks good - though I was hoping for some more data on the general controls - like what controls are directly on the steering wheel, what door controls look like for windows, etc.

ok, maybe I just want more pictures as I'm still very excited about this truck.

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
Yes, based on info to date, these touch screen controls are completely inaccessible to my visually impaired wife meaning she can't adjust her own climate zone, seat heater, etc. And it is questionable whether I will even be able to reach the controls on the far right side of the screen while driving. Seat heater controls should hopefully work via Alexa but doubtful the vents can easily be adjusted via Alexa.
Not trying to be an ass, but I'm not sure you can fault them for not designing their vehicle with the visually impaired in mind. I am glad they did not, since I'm not impaired and I'm happy to see the days of a thousand buttons and knobs and dials go away. I hope there is something that can assist your wife when she's riding with you, like Alexa or maybe a screen setting to make it easier for her to see?