First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Really glad the headrest type C ports for the back stayed. Seems like a great idea.

I personally think companies making any note of 4G hotspots is just stupid. I personally don't know anyone that has ever used that, nor would pay for it.

The door storage seems... Hard to get stuff into. I wonder if the panel can tilt out with the way it looks like a separate piece of plastic.

Otherwise, looks fine. It's a pretty interior. Basically what I expected.
Sponsored

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
I canā€™t counter all the negatives, but Iā€™ll be first to say:
This meets and in some ways exceeds my expectations.
Iā€™m happy and just as excited ā€” if not even more so ā€” to get my R1T.
Excited you say. Itā€™s almost likeā€¦. youā€™re Eager2own it.
Rivian R1T R1S INTERIOR feature / details just posted at Rivian.com 39A847C1-C314-4333-A254-F993E073DFD4

Kenshaka

First Name
Kenya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Nissan Titan/2005 Honda Accord/2017 Zero DSR
Occupation
Radiology Technologist
How many of you think you'll use that external speaker thingy? When I'm outdoors, I want to hear nature...not a bunch of human noise. Nothing irritates me more than someone playing their music when I'm in a campground and trying the hear the birds. I doubt we'll ever use that thing. Maybe I can sell it...humm...I wonder if you have two if both will play? Someone might like to have two...any buyers for ours?;) Would have been nice if it was an option.
Iā€™ll use it everyday. Take it to work, the park, the poolā€¦love it!

RforRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 4Runner, 2014 Equinox
As a very pale person that uses at least 70 SPF sunscreen anytime I plan on being outside for more than 30 min I am most excited about 96,173 SPF equivalent glass roof!

Jokes aside, I am very pleased by this update. There was a lot of information here that I didn't know.

Here are the little facts I learned:

• Steering wheel is flat on the bottom to make access easier (I knew it was flat but didn't know why)
  • The ventilation system has 8 individual fans to allow for precise control
  • Wire charger can handle two phones
And points of personal opinion:
  • I don't mind the cup holders. I just hope the door pockets are easily accessable so that I have a place to put my large Hydro Flask
  • I wish the connectivity and hotspot were 5G
  • The UI for the AC controls and heated/cooled seats looks slick!
  • Really like all of the clever storage spots they've given us
  • The capabilities of the Camp Speaker make it seem really well thought out and not just an after thought
  • The Forest Green interior looks really good
  • I am so glad that they are using a physical interior door handle
  • It looks like the feel of the interior and the materials of the most common touch-points will make it a pretty awesome place to be. Won't know for sure until a test drive though.

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)
Same rear legroom as a 4 door Jeep.

As the owner of a 4 door jeep, ouch.

Really, really hoping the R1S gets at least another 2ā€ without the gear tunnel.
Though the SAE has definitions for various measurements, legroom is one of the more complicated ones. Take a look at https://law.resource.org/pub/us/cfr/ibr/005/sae.j1100.2001.html for all the pretty diagrams. The hip and shoulder room adds to your understanding, but only if you have comparable numbers from a vehicle you already are familiar with. Seating comfort is really hard to judge from measurements, but especially from how different OEMs measure legroom.

Sponsored

Eager2own

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜22 Rivian R1T LE
Iā€™ll use it all the time while at the ranch! Nothing like some good music with some beers.
Iā€™ll also use it every time Iā€™m working on the truck in the garage... love some music when doing oil changes and replacing timing belts.

JeremyMKE

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna, 2001 Yamaha Vino, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Riviot
No audio information... I just want to know what apps the main screen will have.

This is the only thing I wanted more info on, apps and interface.... Wireless charging, does that mean wireless phone connect that isnt bluetooth? Can I use my phone apps to drive the display?

The wood trim touches look fantastic, the USB-C ports are killer, storage sounds great.

Headroom numbers are key for me as well!!!!!

Decent update, and yes I am gonna complain WTF did this take so long? Seriously we knew a lot of this, piecemeal, I just dont get it. Shrug...

Ugh, this interior is fantastic, way more appealing than the F150. I am losing faith in Rivian as a company based on the way they communicate, but the product looks to be exactly what I want, so it makes the competition look kinda ho hum. I have said it before, the biggest risk with Rivian is longevity and its customer service as a first time manufacturer. The only reason this is a huge deal is that 80K is a lot of money to risk on a new company for me.

Damn you Rivian for making such a compelling product!!!!!!!!

Dersies

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma
I'm a little lost on what the above means, so my questions may not even pertain to the above quote. It may be I need to ask Customer Support.

Does this work like a phone hotspot, or do you need to be "on the road"?

Do you pay for it monthly, same as you do an IP, or is it free?

Unlimited?

How far does the Wi-Fi travel?

Could my desktop computer receive internet in my camper, if within a certain distance from the Rivian?

Does this feature require the Rivian to be "on"?

I just recently got T-Mobile Internet, so I could download updates from Rivian when the time comes. This is about all I know regarding the internet. I mainly want to know if this feature is all I need to download updates and also receive access to the internet........Thanks
You probably could get a wifi extender for the camper.

smiesguy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S / Escalade
Occupation
Planner
09F53DDF-5721-4824-8AB2-C54C29C69F9B.jpeg

D3A6DA5E-3069-4326-AB7C-BFD9B5F1CD7E.jpeg

infotainment screens, I hope they allow the back screen to be used for more than climate functions. If not, no big deal though
That front screen with the Climate menu displayed is very Tesla-esque. Good for me personally, but know others might struggle vs traditional vents.

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Whoever shot that pic didnā€™t do them any favors since that white drink container looks poised to tumble forward at the next gentle slowdown. If the cup holders are a problem I bet someone will make an insert for large cups in the open area below that.
No kidding on the lean of the white bottle! That photo makes it look like the cup holder is very shallow, which is a problem for taller bottles and cups, especially when they're full. You're probably right that someone will make a different option. Worst case, I guess you could put a tray of some sort on the floor in that huge open section. Not as easy to reach, but better than having a flying drink!

So people don't think I'm being whiny... Otherwise, the interior looks excellent! The Nalgene looks like it's a tight fit in the door holder, but the elastic strap might be a wonderful solution for letting you slips things into that area and then keep them snug. Sometimes the rigid plastic space in my current car can be tricky. The only possible downside is for people who live in hot climates. Elastic definitely wears out over time. Hopefully they've designed it as an easy piece to replace after a few years, which is really just a question of how it's attached.

I love the idea of under seat bins, especially when there's not a traditional glove box.

There's definitely going to be an aftermarket for organizer bins for the arm rest box and the area between the driver and front passenger feet. I look forward to seeing what people come up with!

Do we know if the R1S will have storage under the 2nd row? I assume it won't, since that space will need to be open to fold the seat flat?

I assume the hotspot will be a feature you will have to pay extra for. Hopefully it will be as easy as adding an accessory device to your current cell plan, or an easy flat rate from whatever cell provider the car has to use for other connectivity. I will probably only be interested in that maybe one or two months per year, so a subscription fee is not a big deal for me.

I really like the hook on the seat back! I have to travel some for work and wear a suit when doing so. Looks like a coat hanger will fit there, which is great since I hate wearing my coat while driving, especially in the summer.

Still digesting other details... Stupid work keeps distracting me!

Sponsored

CarterGee

First Name
Carter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota 4Runner Limited '16
This is great. Tons of details - especially for those of us with a keen eye that look closely at the pictures. There was a lot confirmed here that we've known about, but did we really know without seeing it finalized this way? ;)

Positive:
  • Heating and cooling. Great to see the back seats are heated, the steering wheel is heated, and that the front seats definitely will have cooling.
  • More information about the infotainment console was helpful. UI looks clean with buttons / AC controls all in the right spots. UI looks clean - and if you look you can see how music will be displayed and how "car controls" draw over the map / audio.
  • The audio details have me very, very happy - especially the mics to neutralize outside sound.
  • The turn signals look B E E F Y and substantial.
  • Cargo space under the infotainment system was a nice surprise. Maybe I just never noticed it before?
  • USB C everywhere. Thank you, Rivian. I especially love the chargers in the back of the front seats. Admittedly it's a in a little bit of an awkward spot at the top, but, again, USB C. There are also more USB chargers in the back's AC control panel as well.
  • Back AC control panel looks very sleek.
  • Center console charing mat seems like a great size and nonslip.
  • Interior door handles look very, very slick. Big fan.
  • The bluetooth speaker is just a fun little upgrade. I like it. (sidebar: I can't believe someone complained about this because when they're in nature they want to hear nature... lmao like... that's your choice man.)
  • I noticed an 'SOS' button that I hadn't seen before. That's nifty. Have they talked about this at all yet?
  • Stitching and quality looks very, very high. Love the seat design as well.
  • Roof panel being so SPF-y is also great to know. I was a little worried about that.

Negative:
  • Choosing the Forest Green interior was... a choice. I'm positive that's not the most common configuration. As a Black Mountain preorder holder, I was hoping to see that (or even the white interior)
  • I would have really appreciated seeing a video of the infotainment system.
  • Cup holders. Whyyyyyyyyyy!? If your drink leaks or gets pinched, it's going all over the floor and won't be collected.
  • The little divet on the front of the center console looks great for collecting crap.
  • They're... really committing to the key, aren't they?
And this isn't really so much a negative as it is a want, but a video of all of this would have been a lot better imo. I would have really enjoyed seeing how things open, close, etc.

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
No photos of the front under seat bins. They list the dimensions as 3in x 9in x 3.5in. That seems rather . . . small? Maybe you could fit a pair of sunglasses down there, but not really a space to fit much else. For example, that's too small to fit a book.

No confirmation how the rear seat bins open. I know that has been a long topic of discussion. They describe it as a "storage pullout" like the front seat bins, which seems inconsistent with the old photos of the seats folding up to reveal storage.

notdeadyet

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota RAV4 Prime
I would have liked to see more images. I wonder if they are forthcoming? Especially of the under seat storage bins. This is the first time Iā€™ve seen measurements and am wondering what they look like. Iā€™m also not clear if the rear seat under storage bin Is still going to be missing from the extended range version of the R1T.

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
Rivian R1T R1S INTERIOR feature / details just posted at Rivian.com 382DEB9F-EA30-4B83-8511-EB280604053C

May have missed this in the story, wireless charging pad?