Sponsored

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Those cupholders. God please no. They remind me of the cheap slide out cup holders on the early 2000's mercedes. :crying:
Yeah, I'm not a fan of the pop-out style. I would much rather they be fixed, but maybe they've built them robust enough, and flexible enough to deal with a wide variety of drink sizes, to be ok?
Sponsored

OP
OP
lambo

lambo

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, Kia Niro EV
Occupation
Software
Rivian R1T R1S INTERIOR feature / details just posted at Rivian.com 1623944538814

Is it unusual that the headroom and legroom are exactly the same?

Eager2own

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜22 Rivian R1T LE
I canā€™t counter all the negatives, but Iā€™ll be first to say:
This meets and in some ways exceeds my expectations.
Iā€™m happy and just as excited ā€” if not even more so ā€” to get my R1T.

Jarico75

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y, Camry Hybrid
Clubs

Excited overall but the cupholders and the huge key fob are a bummer. I hope there is still a key option that's smaller. I don't want to carry a key that large in my pocket or need to walk around the office with it blipped to my belt.
The slot built for the key fob is a pretty cool design feature.

Sponsored

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023
The slot built for the key fob is a pretty cool design feature.
I think the slot for the key fob is cool--if you are only carrying the key fob without any other keys attached to it. My set of keys will flop all over the charging pad if I store it there. Nice for a single fob though.

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2000 GMC Sierra
Every Rivian can create a Wi-Fi hotspot using its own onboard 4G connection. That means you can share reliable and secure internet access with your fellow travelers while on the road.
I'm a little lost on what the above means, so my questions may not even pertain to the above quote. It may be I need to ask Customer Support.

Does this work like a phone hotspot, or do you need to be "on the road"?

Do you pay for it monthly, same as you do an IP, or is it free?

Unlimited?

How far does the Wi-Fi travel?

Could my desktop computer receive internet in my camper, if within a certain distance from the Rivian?

Does this feature require the Rivian to be "on"?

I just recently got T-Mobile Internet, so I could download updates from Rivian when the time comes. This is about all I know regarding the internet. I mainly want to know if this feature is all I need to download updates and also receive access to the internet........Thanks

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the pop-out style. I would much rather they be fixed, but maybe they've built them robust enough, and flexible enough to deal with a wide variety of drink sizes, to be ok?
Whoever shot that pic didnā€™t do them any favors since that white drink container looks poised to tumble forward at the next gentle slowdown. If the cup holders are a problem I bet someone will make an insert for large cups in the open area below that.

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
Just got the email, I have to say the attention to detail is what draws me Rivian. That camp speaker is pretty cool, and love the USB ports in the back of the seat. The rear touchscreen is really cool too. Aggghhh I canā€™t wait for my truck!!

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Rivian R1T R1S INTERIOR feature / details just posted at Rivian.com 813B2DC7-8805-4E11-8FA7-B5A6E8CC0DE4

I was wondering where we would put the key, thatā€™s a great spot though!

Sponsored

JeremyMKE

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna, 2001 Yamaha Vino, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Riviot
How many of you think you'll use that external speaker thingy? When I'm outdoors, I want to hear nature...not a bunch of human noise. Nothing irritates me more than someone playing their music when I'm in a campground and trying the hear the birds. I doubt we'll ever use that thing. Maybe I can sell it...humm...I wonder if you have two if both will play? Someone might like to have two...any buyers for ours?;) Would have been nice if it was an option.

TAILGATING!!!!!!!!

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

I think the slot for the key fob is cool--if you are only carrying the key fob without any other keys attached to it. My set of keys will flop all over the charging pad if I store it there. Nice for a single fob though.
I wonder if the slot is to charge the fob (in the case of one with a rechargeable battery) or activate the fob for emergency use when the fob battery is dead (in the case of one with a replaceable battery). Iā€™ve had both types of fobs.

Texasag05

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F-250 King Ranch, 2022 Bronco OB Sasquatch
Occupation
EVP, paving highways to drive these awesome vehicles
How many of you think you'll use that external speaker thingy? When I'm outdoors, I want to hear nature...not a bunch of human noise. Nothing irritates me more than someone playing their music when I'm in a campground and trying the hear the birds. I doubt we'll ever use that thing. Maybe I can sell it...humm...I wonder if you have two if both will play? Someone might like to have two...any buyers for ours?;) Would have been nice if it was an option.
Iā€™ll use it all the time while at the ranch! Nothing like some good music with some beers.

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Rivian R1T R1S INTERIOR feature / details just posted at Rivian.com 09F53DDF-5721-4824-8AB2-C54C29C69F9B

Rivian R1T R1S INTERIOR feature / details just posted at Rivian.com D3A6DA5E-3069-4326-AB7C-BFD9B5F1CD7E

infotainment screens, I hope they allow the back screen to be used for more than climate functions. If not, no big deal though

AleCS

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Audi SQ5
Occupation
Business Owner
Iā€™ll buy it from you! Iā€™m serious. Keep me in mind if you decide to sell it.
Sponsored