Sponsored

Interior Door Panel Removal Instructions?

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
I encrypt PDFs for Boomers
Clubs

Since Rivian seems to think a an R1T service or repair manual is proprietary and cannot provide (I call BS and said they haven’t made one yet), I’m looking to the forums for support.

Has anyone been successful in removing the a front interior door panel? I will be installing PPF on the front doors and want to remove the side-view mirrors so I don’t need to cut/trim film around the mirror base.
Sponsored

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
For how much they've struggled at service centers making repairs I think they might be telling the truth when they said no repair manual exists yet.

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

Since Rivian seems to think a an R1T service or repair manual is proprietary and cannot provide (I call BS and said they haven’t made one yet), I’m looking to the forums for support.

Has anyone been successful in removing the a front interior door panel? I will be installing PPF on the front doors and want to remove the side-view mirrors so I don’t need to cut/trim film around the mirror base.
Munroe and Associates may be missing out on a revenue stream here. I bet they have video or still pics of their tear down which would give you the information you need regarding fasteners and their locations to get the panels off without damaging them.

jemkewl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Can't help you, but can tell you that mobile service replaced my rear passenger window - the tech had everything off on that door. IIRC there were about 6 bolts and a lot of the plastic fasteners...

Jason C

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Launch edition

Just following up on this. I need to remove my interior panels to try and locate a rattling sound in the door. Rivian has failed to find it.

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
the Haynes manual isn’t out yet, but I have seen an advance copy:

Interior door panel removal: using a suitable tool, release all fasteners. Remove panel. Installation is reverse of removal

This Video about the construction of the doors may offer some clues:

Jason C

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Launch edition
Here is a small write up on how to remove the door panels. I started this project because I am experiencing a rattling/squeaking sound from my passenger door. It’s been driving me crazy!!!!!

I took my R1T to the El Segundo service center last week. They had me drive the vehicle with a mechanic to verify the issue. He agreed their was a squeaking sound coming from the panel.

Several hours later they called me to pick up my vehicle. I asked if they fix the problem the service advisor told me yes. They added felt to several areas to reduce vibration.

I wasn’t able to pick up my vehicle until after hour. As I drove the vehicle home I immediately noticed the squeaking sound.

THEY DIDN’T FIX SHIT!!! After removing my panel I can see they didn’t add any felt tape. Honestly this service center is a waste of my time and Rivian’s money. I don’t know who’s lying the service writer or the mechanics. But there is a definite issue at this service center. And this isn’t the first time I’ve experienced this. My vehicle has been to this service center probably 20 times. It takes multiple repeat visits to fit and issue. Basically if the Manager of the service center doesn’t handle it directly then they problem its repaired. This was my first minor issue. The rest have been major issues. Like battery swaps, leaking suspension, etc.

OK enough with the rant!!! Here you go!!!!

First you will need to remove the 2 panels to access these 4 screws (they were a torx 20 or 25) you only need to remove the 4 black screws. The chrome ones you can leave alone.
Rivian R1T R1S Interior Door Panel Removal Instructions? 3B9BA9CE-AD0D-444F-A5E7-DE5BFF8E1B8B

4th screw is inside the door side compartment
Rivian R1T R1S Interior Door Panel Removal Instructions? 78CA76C3-235E-4DC1-9E48-BEDCBC78666F

Next you will want to push down on the clips along the top to release them. The one on the very left was a pain to reach.
Rivian R1T R1S Interior Door Panel Removal Instructions? 210BB5C7-0379-4141-8660-55CB74B3266B

At the point there are about 8 white plastic push clip that are holding the door around the sides and bottom. They all pop out rather easy.

And your done!!! Panel removed.

I also mentioned to the service department that my door speaker vibrates when bass is present in the music. Well they didn’t check for that either. I had 2 screws that weren’t fully tighten.

As I was checking for other loose screws, the screws holding the door accent lights were loose. When I wiggled it, it made the sound I hear while driving. I ended up added foam tape and felt to help dampen it.
Rivian R1T R1S Interior Door Panel Removal Instructions? 45C7499D-E612-4E3D-968C-6CEC0C6C35A1

Before closing it all back up. I added felt tape along all the clip areas. And I tighten all the panels screws. They all could use a 1/4 to 1/2 turn. Hopefully all this helps.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT

Triangle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition, 20" Brights, Ocean Breeze
Occupation
Cinematographer
Clubs

This thread has been super helpful. I'm doing my own PPF and trying to find disassembly info on the doors and trim and this provided a lot of that so thank you.
Sponsored