Sponsored

INTERESTING POLL: Surprised at how low Rivian Scored!! Future concerns?

TessP100D

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 2017 P100D MS
The R1T isn't a work truck - plenty of people that use their trucks for work have pointed this out. It is an adventure vehicle, and it certainly makes sense to prioritize the most adventure-laden areas of the US for their early deliveries. In case you weren't aware, every adventure-inclined vehicle on the market (Tacomas, Jeeps, Outbacks, etc) lists the PNW as their best-selling US market.

Also, it's super easy to sit behind a keyboard and be an internet tough guy calling others names. Grow the fuck up.
Also very expensive. That matters.

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
Ok, here we go. The implicit bias against the PNW and the southerners!

Tell you what…I’ve never met a southerner who let themselves get ignored. Upon attempt, the rebuttal sentence starts off with a stern “See what we have here” or a “Ya’ll better recognize…”.

Signed a Former Southerner now in the PNW
Rivian R1T R1S INTERESTING POLL: Surprised at how low Rivian Scored!! Future concerns? 1622782493405

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

This...this is how I know this "survey" is trash...
1622746023609.png

This isn't even a thing yet and it impressed you how??
Since they're sharing the same basic shell, perhaps the pollsters should have simply consolidated Chevy and Lordstown into one entry to tie the CyberTruck for second place: "24% Chevrolord Endurado".

Last edited:

Interferon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S P100DL
Rivian already has more orders than it can fulfill in a reasonable amount of time.

I'm sure they planning on word of mouth advertising at least at first so they can manage the number of orders while they grow.

Tesla doesn't really advertise either.

Sponsored

Vern Bybee

First Name
Vern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sierra, Cherokee, XJ...
I don't think it's concerning. Looks to me more like a brand awareness survey more than anything. Rivian has done almost no market outreach (nor reservation holder outreach ;) ), so I'm not surprised by the results.
I was going to say the same

Vern Bybee

First Name
Vern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sierra, Cherokee, XJ...
My 2 cents
Orders are FULL
No one knows what a RIVIAN is
But when we owners start receiving are trucks and posting
For example my friend has a brand new McLaren and we will be having a race
AND I AM GOING TO SMOKE HIS BUTT
AND THAT GETS 1M HITS ON YOUTUBE

PRICELESS ADVERTISING

Agree?

RJ and TEAM know exactly what they are doing

IS IT FRIGGING JULY YET

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
Yeah it makes no sense to spend money on wider brand awareness before their first factory can really start cranking 'em out in a year or two when word of mouth will do a ton of that for free while they're still getting up to speed. I'd say they've solved any money problems they might have had and then some. Now their biggest challenge is competing for battery and parts supply. I'm still amazed at how fast they started moving in the last 12 months. Did not expect the IPO or international moves to come up this soon.

Robot

First Name
Alo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 Nissan Rogue, '09 Mariner Hybrid
Occupation
RN
I’ve been following Rivian since late 2018 and every single person I’ve talked to about the company had not heard of it. So, these results are not surprising to me at all. I’ve probably sent a few hundred people to their website, raving about what I felt was going to be a successful company.

Without commercials and billboards, I can understand it not being in the mainstream. It makes their capital earnings all the more impressive.

Atlis, which scored equally, has yet to make $10 million, and technically has no product. I mean they’re developing the batteries at this stage, despite having been founded in 2016. So, maybe they are publicly doing what Rivian was doing incognito for so long. That’s the part that surprises, these companies aren’t even comparable.
Sponsored