Sponsored

INTERESTING POLL: Surprised at how low Rivian Scored!! Future concerns?

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T LE/LG/FE, 2022 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
I don't think it's concerning. Looks to me more like a brand awareness survey more than anything. Rivian has done almost no market outreach (nor reservation holder outreach ;) ), so I'm not surprised by the results.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

^^^
this

jtshaw

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, LE R1S
Occupation
Engineering VP
I don't think it's concerning. Looks to me more like a brand awareness survey more than anything. Rivian has done almost no market outreach (nor reservation holder outreach ;) ), so I'm not surprised by the results.
I agree completely, all the folks scoring high here are household names who have shipped products for years. If you see the same results 12 months from now I'd be surprised and potentially concerned.

Also... Maybe a more controversial option... Rivian's financial stability is probably more closely tied to the delivery van market potentially.

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
Agreed I'm also not surprised. I categorize Rivian differently than Lordstown, Atlis, Bollinger, Canoo etc.. in that they are likely to bring a product to market.... wait here it comes... soon, and that Rivian will be around for the long run. The average Joe or Jill probably does not differentiate Rivian from Lordstown. I think this is a serious problem for Rivian, It's a real shame.

Sponsored

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
The R1T isn't a work truck - plenty of people that use their trucks for work have pointed this out. It is an adventure vehicle, and it certainly makes sense to prioritize the most adventure-laden areas of the US for their early deliveries. In case you weren't aware, every adventure-inclined vehicle on the market (Tacomas, Jeeps, Outbacks, etc) lists the PNW as their best-selling US market.

Also, it's super easy to sit behind a keyboard and be an internet tough guy calling others names. Grow the fuck up.

EarlyAdptr

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sequoia
Occupation
Consultant
Personally, I think it would be rather stupid (crazy?) for an unknown brand to launch some massive marketing / brand awareness campaign BEFORE having a product on the street. Rivian's number one goal right now should be (and seems to be) getting a GREAT product in the hands of their existing customers (I'm considering $1,000 deposit placers a customer).

Once that happens, there will be a TON of free PR in the form of press and actual delighted customers who can share their excitement and product with friends and others.

Given they will be supply-constrained for some time (2+ years) I don't see any value in investing (wasting) good money on marketing.

GaryL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Silverado 3500
Occupation
Farm
GM announced their intention to build an Electric Silverado, specified 400 mile range and promised all trim levels, but they didn't announce a timeline. Evidently just announcing intentions was enough to "impress some people. What is more interesting to me is Rivian and Lordstown are the same 3%

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
Rivian and Lordstown are the same 3%
This tells us that we part of the elite 3%, (Yeah, that's the ticket) that know about Rivian and Lucid.

Sponsored

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
This...this is how I know this "survey" is trash...
1622746023609.png

This isn't even a thing yet and it impressed you how??
I have no background knowledge of how this survey was administered however if Pew research had done it in a reputable way the same results wouldn't surprise me. The fact that 7x the respondants are most "impressed" by a Silverado that isn't even a thing rather than an R1T is a notable takeaway to me.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Insider info: Rivian has reached out to mass market media companies to help with marketing. One of these companies has had their meeting delayed. I think they need to change their motto to "soon..."

1. Hear me out: don't us "PNW soy boys" keep those "millions of farmers" employed through buying so much soy products? Oh wait, them gov'ment subsidies do that. $46 billion in '20, $16 billion in '19, $12 billion in '18 to be precise. That's consistently more than my military branch is funded annually.
2. Want to change your delivery address to mine to prioritize delivery? I'm happy to help a fellow Riviot.
3. You're free to cancel your order and receive your deposit back at any time. Your negative energy and unconstructive commentary is getting pretty old, peepee.

GoWest!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback & R1S
Ok, here we go. The implicit bias against the PNW and the southerners!

Tell you what…I’ve never met a southerner who let themselves get ignored. Upon attempt, the rebuttal sentence starts off with a stern “See what we have here” or a “Ya’ll better recognize…”.

Signed a Former Southerner now in the PNW

IHScout

First Name
Waid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Expedition
This tribalism attitude gets really old. Is it too much to ask that we leave it out of this forum and actually just be united in being excited for this company and our future vehicles? Too much divides us.

I will get off my soap box now.....
Sponsored