Sponsored

Interesting Article on eVTOL

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

That's an interesting read, indeed. I like how the Compass Yellow craft performs a Tank Turn without getting dirty.

Not sure I could ever ride in one of those things. Maybe in a tenth generation version. Even then, if they were trying to figure out total passenger weight and quizzed me about my clothing and asked "Boxers or Briefs?", my honest answer would have to be "Depends"

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

I love the idea of flying cars, but only if they are as quiet as something from the Jetsons. If one makes as much noise as a scaled up drone then I cannot imagine the amount of background noise weā€™d have to endure when they grow in numbers. I think the noise would be worse than living near a freeway, except you couldnā€™t really escape from it. With the current technology I think flying cars fall into the category of be careful what you wish forā€¦

OP
OP
skyote

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I love the idea of flying cars, but only if they are as quiet as something from the Jetsons. If one makes as much noise as a scaled up drone then I cannot imagine the amount of background noise weā€™d have to endure when they grow in numbers.
Louder than drones, but not as loud as helicopters. Definitely not quiet though, but I don't think they would be disruptive at altitude.

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

Louder than drones, but not as loud as helicopters. Definitely not quiet though, but I don't think they would be disruptive at altitude.
Can you imagine if your neighbor has one, gets up at say 4am to head to work and fires one up in his driveway, does a preflight then after about 5 minutes finally takes off. Meanwhile the entire neighborhood is woken up, trampolines are flying everywhere windows on houses are sand blasted. Bring on Blade Runner 2049 style ones and I'm sold

I can't wait for flying cars!

Sponsored

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

Even if one is very quiet at altitude, dozens or hundreds will probably still be annoying. I think it will be even worse for people living in close proximity to commercial locations where these are frequently landing and taking off.

OP
OP
skyote

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Even if one is very quiet at altitude, dozens or hundreds will probably still be annoying. I think it will be even worse for people living in close proximity to commercial locations where these are frequently landing and taking off.
Agreed, & I wouldn't be surprised if noise pollution considerations work their way into eventual regulation.

nfrank

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
That's an interesting read, indeed. I like how the Compass Yellow craft performs a Tank Turn without getting dirty.
There's a forum member with an R1T reservation that is also on the engineering team of that "Compass Yellow craft".

Sponsored

OP
OP
skyote

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
There's a forum member with an R1T reservation that is also on the engineering team of that "Compass Yellow craft".
That is SUPER cool! I'd love to hear the perspective of that engineering team member!

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

I just want to be a member of the Search team for that "Launch Green craft" ?

I swear that if we find the first one in Bezos' garage in Sacramento, I'm canceling my reservation AND my Prime membership!

Just because you invest a couple of billion dollars and promise to buy a hundred thousand vehicles doesn't mean you get to, um, well, you know..... oh, never mind.....
Sponsored